-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shapin' up like the '35 Labor Day storm, no?

Sometimes Ma Nature just blows.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Man, where doesn't it suck for one reason or another right now? Fires, hurricanes, LIBERALS!
We've learned recently that the government has figured out how to generate and control hurricanes and is using them to keep American minorities under their control. They created Katrina and Harvey for racial purposes. I expect that we'll soon hear from 'those who know' about how Irma is another government creation. The liberals want Puerto Rico to become a state while the conservatives don't want all those people added to the general welfare roles. The government created Irma to destroy PR so the people will become refugees and scattered through the US to become welfare voters, voting Dem, of course.

This has to be true. I read it on the internet.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
My wife would get out before the storm, and has done so, both our storms and snow storms.... FWIW.

That's only because you have an extraordinary wife. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Man, where doesn't it suck for one reason or another right now? Fires, hurricanes, LIBERALS!
We've learned recently that the government has figured out how to generate and control hurricanes and is using them to keep American minorities under their control. They created Katrina and Harvey for racial purposes. I expect that we'll soon hear from 'those who know' about how Irma is another government creation. The liberals want Puerto Rico to become a state while the conservatives don't want all those people added to the general welfare roles. The government created Irma to destroy PR so the people will become refugees and scattered through the US to become welfare voters, voting Dem, of course.

This has to be true. I read it on the internet.

Yeah, and who do you see saving all those minority folks from the flood waters........some White dudes.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Some of those computer generated tracks are not exactly encouraging for coastal Georgia and South Carolina.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B2

I
I
Shaping up to be a real bitch. Stay safe.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm betting it rids up the east coast of Florida and slams into the North/South Carolina

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If you see Jim Cantore in your hood, you know you're in trouble!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Any chance left that it will turn out to sea? Or is it guaranteed landfall?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm betting it rids up the east coast of Florida and slams into the North/South Carolina

I'd rather it didn't

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Nothing's guaranteed with a hurricane except that nothing's guaranteed.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

most likely it will come right up the middle of Florida. It's wide enough to cover the whole state.

Sam......

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

most likely it will come right up the middle of Florida. It's wide enough to cover the whole state.

yep....Florida is 140 miles wide, storm is 400 miles wide......not a good match.....not much gas
and no bottled water here....Interstate 75 is more a parking lot than a highway......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Stay safe, Sam...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FIL lives in Orlando. Flying him out tomorrow. This storm is not to be taken lightly. Even if it doesn't blow you away, likely loss of electricity, tornados, rain, lack of gasoline, etc make evacauation look good.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Just got turned on to this link. Move the map for a good look at Irma.
https://www.windy.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EZEARL

Great link!

Did you notice that there is another depression following Irma. WTF? That's not funny. Must be Trumps fault for pulling out of Paris Accords. Didn't have this crap with Obama. Katrina was Bush's fault. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'd rather it didn't

Mike

+1 big time. We are still helping the folks down east from the flooding from Matthew. The Tar River area is still a long way from full recovery.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by EZEARL

Great link!

Did you notice that there is another depression following Irma. WTF? That's not funny. Must be Trumps fault for pulling out of Paris Accords. Didn't have this crap with Obama. Katrina was Bush's fault. wink

It is a great link. The one behind Irma is Jose. There's also a 3rd one kicking up in the gulf. The Creator ain't happy right now!! eek

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Jose will most likely turn North and blow out in the North Atlantic.

Wife is driving up on the Turnpike from Miami. She is in Orlando now. The Turnpike is at a crawl. No gas at any stations along the way. She is fine, just irritated that I did not talk her into leaving Miami yesterday. Like I didn't try. lol Stubborn women. smile
Here in Gainesville, it's a freaking zoo. Streets are full. The Walmart down the street had a packed parking lot at 5 AM. Gas has jumped a dollar a gallon, and all there is available right now is high test..
I got two more 6 gallon cans for my Son's generator at his business, just in case. He has large freezers to keep going, about $10K worth of product in them.
Stopped to get a few items for her at Publix. No beer, no bottled water, no bread, very little in the way of canned meat or vegetables. All the frozen food you want though.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/06/17.

Sam......

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, 7887mm08, anothergun, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 12 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,831
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.