G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by 60n148w
A few questions I had in my mind about the information the police had on the driver of the commercial driver and his rig.
1. Was it Enter or Intra State commerce.
2. Was license and health card up to date.
3.Was the vehicle inspection and daily inspection current.
4. Was log book up to date.
5. Was the vehicle overloaded.
It would seem to me if there was any discrepancies they would have obtained a warrant at the very beginning.

None of that was relevant in this case.

Ed

Any discrepancy or violation has to be causal to the accident to be admissible as evidence.

Looking at the cop's dashcam videos shows absolutely no causality on the part of the burn victim. He was in the far lane, minding his own bidness when some mother's wayward son crossed all those lanes and hit him head-on. Kinda hard to place any causality on him. Unless it's now an offense to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Wouldn't put it past the friggin' bureaucrats to put that one in the DOT regs.

Ed

That's exactly it ed. According to DOT (and we can thank insurance comprise for it)

He is partly at fault for simply being there

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah...

but, but, but the cop was credentialed to take blood!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The agency where I used to work is 45 short if any of you want an easy job.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Is my NH certification any good on the TX coast smile ?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add
Yeah...

but, but, but the cop was credentialed to take blood!

Then the hospital "security" should have taken him around back and opened his punkin' up so he could take some of his own blood.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Will I be able to arrest nurses down there?

I couldn't help myself... :-(

laugh

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9

Yup...If you can pass the test. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Are successful candidates able to draw blood on unconscious, happenstance citizens at will?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by 60n148w
A few questions I had in my mind about the information the police had on the driver of the commercial driver and his rig.
1. Was it Enter or Intra State commerce.
2. Was license and health card up to date.
3.Was the vehicle inspection and daily inspection current.
4. Was log book up to date.
5. Was the vehicle overloaded.
It would seem to me if there was any discrepancies they would have obtained a warrant at the very beginning.

None of that was relevant in this case.

Ed

Any discrepancy or violation has to be causal to the accident to be admissible as evidence.

Looking at the cop's dashcam videos shows absolutely no causality on the part of the burn victim. He was in the far lane, minding his own bidness when some mother's wayward son crossed all those lanes and hit him head-on. Kinda hard to place any causality on him. Unless it's now an offense to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Wouldn't put it past the friggin' bureaucrats to put that one in the DOT regs.

Ed

That's exactly it ed. According to DOT (and we can thank insurance comprise for it)

He is partly at fault for simply being there

Really?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Free donuts? wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Free donuts? wink

Obviously not. They have 45 openings.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add

Are successful candidates able to draw blood on unconscious, happenstance citizens at will?

We don't draw blood. Ever. We know that blood will drawn regardless and subpoena the records. That's part of the problem...cops can't be expected to do everything.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by NH K9

Yup...If you can pass the test. smile

[bleep]..........I guess it'll have to be TN!!
Laffin'!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Free donuts? wink

Obviously not. They have 45 openings.

Donuts slow my roll. I prefer kolaches.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by readonly
Originally Posted by steve4102
As written, Utah’s law only permits an officer to conduct such a test where he has reasonable grounds to believe that a person from whom blood is to be taken was driving “while in violation of” the laws regarding driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances. In this case, the detective specifically lacked any such grounds, because the draw was being taken to show the opposite – that the driver was not under the influence. Utah’s implied consent law did not authorize this particular blood draw under these particular circumstances.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/comme...se-was-wrong-but-the-law-is-complicated/

This is a terrible legal analysis from a former federal judge turned law professor. The holding from the Supreme Court is clear that non-consensual blood draws require a warrant. As such, criminal "refusal" statutes are on their face unconstitutional and many have been voided as a result of the holding. Even if civil penalties for refusing are still permissible, getting warrantless blood draw under a such a statute would still invalidate the prosecution of any criminal case that would follow. So the default is that warrant is required for blood draw without consent. Period.

End he is further wrong about the rationale of the nurse...she was relying on the agreement in place between the hospital and the police agency...not the law.

I agree 100%, but what this means is that not only was the cop and the SLC PD in violation of the Constitution and a recent Supreme Court ruling, they were in violation of Utah law as well.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Perhaps it's already been mentioned, but one irony of the whole ordeal is that the truck driver involved is also a reserve police officer of the Rigby, Idaho police department, who publically thanked nurse Wubbel for standing up for the rights of their colleague. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ic-utah-nurse-for-defending-cop-patient. Had the arresting police officer or his supervisor known this at the time would their course of action been different? I wonder.

The biggest failure of the arresting officer and his immediate supervisor is the one or both of them, when presented with hospital policy, should have realized that that the situation was over their heads and it needed to be resolved somewhere further up the chain of command. Clearly the nurse involved was not the one responsible for impeding their investigation, it was the hospital's policy. So arresting her for stating hospital policy makes no sense. This serious lack of judgment is why they should be disciplined.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me and Roger will vouch for you and you'll be good to go.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 50 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,664
Posts18,474,697
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.