The truck driver was not under arrest.
Cop had no warrant and could not get one because he had no probable cause.
The driver being unconscious meant he could not give consent.
The nurse was right on ALL 3 reasons.
The guy that wrote that article just added a 4th reason that the cop was wrong and the nurse was right.[/quote]

I would like to add something to this I have not seen mentioned here. The innocent truck driver is a CDL driver. Ant time a CDL driver is involved in an accident they will be drug tested. It is federal law, a CDL driver agrees to it and waves any rights when he signs his CDL. As a friend in law enforcement said elsewhere if a deer run int the side of your truck you will be tested. The officer was within his rights to request a test and did not need any of the requirements to listed above.

Now do I believe the nurse was right in denying at that moment I would have to say deficiently yes. The blood sample or urine sample could have waited without loss of integrity. Was the officer wrong in his response, your damned right he was. Has the department done the right thing, yes. Policies have changed and lessons learned. I seriously doubt the officer will wear a badge again. Lessons learned, time to move on.

Now this being the Campfire I expect to get roasted. Go ahead, I can handle the heat.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!