Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

... Then I talked to the head prosecutor for the county, who was/is a giant egomaniac, and he ranted/raved and told me to arrest her immediately. I flatly refused, unless he came down there personally and reviewed everything. That put an end to the big talk. Finally I had a talk with the head of security (who was a retired 30 year LEO) and the head doc, and explained what I was there for, and showed him the state code authorizing me to do what I was attempting to do The doc called their civil attorney, who even though it took longer than I would have preferred, got back to me/us, after reviewing the codes I cited both for the crime of the suspect, but also for the obstruct and delay. I was very open about the conversation I had had between the head prosecutor and myself (as the lead detective). Rather than have a giant scene and cause future problems, we simply worked it out like adults...

The bottom line is that many times these stories are not even close to what they appear to be in print, and I think Doc has made a solid call on this one. The supervisors, both in the LE department and the Hospital are the ones who need to be dealt with, not the cop and the nurse. Both the cop and the nurse are in total no-win situations.

Mack, I appreciate you weighing in on this. Your cases are exactly on point. There is ALWAYS a better way to deal with this issues rather than battering our heads against the brick wall of bureaucracy.

The cop was not interested. He was in control and all you have to do ask him and he will tell you so.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by larrylee

Wrong Again Doc, I have been involved with trucking for over forty years and have CDL with all endorsements and NOWHERE does it state you have given your consent to squat!

larrylee.... I think you're missing the point I made in the OP, amigo. I'm not arguing the points of law here. If y'all want to do that, I can't stop you. But if you want to address the point of the OP, which was emphatically NOT trying to take one side or the other in this mess but was trying to point out how it could be avoided in the future, that would be much more appreciated.

Sure sounded like it to me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter