Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ringman,

Deflave already said it all, but I'll just note that every time I think you (or Savage 99, or Zerk) can't post something dumber, you all manage to exceed yourselves.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have had only one encounter with a grizzly and it was soon after I shot it. Turbine like 360's then out of view. My azz was as puckered as can be as we moved towards where we lost sight of him. Thankfully he was dead but I will never forget that feeling. Years later I was up close and personal hunting brown bear and I was not puckered at all.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Experience.

One of those things you get, just after you needed it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

At least me and Deflave have it figured out.

I am so goddammned sick of this winning schit.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Ringman,

Deflave already said it all, but I'll just note that every time I think you (or Savage 99, or Zerk) can't post something dumber, you all manage to exceed yourselves.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ringman,

Bwwaaaaaaaaa......

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slider1
If you have a CWP it can be out if sight.

Don't even need the permit if you're lawfully engaged in hunting. Or rolling a griz around.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread epitomizes what is wrong with internet advice.

Those who know the absolute least and have no experience love to bark the loudest.

Ringman needs to stick to things he knows, like using his rifle scope as a spotting scope.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Zerk
Originally Posted by Slider1
You are allowed to carry a side arm in Montana while Archery Hunting. You just are not allowed to dispatch an animal with it. But may use it ANYTIME for self defense.If you have a CWP it can be out if sight.

So can shoot a person with it, but must pepper spray on bears?

Don't worry about it, stupid. You'll never venture this far regardless.

Dave

It only makes sense that you can shoot people but only spray bears. The world has way too many humans and not nearly enough bears. If you people would just read more you would understand. At least me and Deflave have it figured out.

I value my life more than a bear. Your call. I also carry a gun most places. I am not ok with 1 in 10k chance of needing it. Some people are ok with 1 in 100k chance their daughter is raper or wife killed. We all make choices, and roll the dice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth............by a grizzly bear.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i stumbled on to the best bear protection by accident. took my BIL hunting and stuffed all my candy wrappers, sandwich wrappers etc into his pack while he was watering a bush. we split up and he left his pack at the branch of the trail. when we got back the pack was trashed . so from then on i always put a BLT sandwich in his pack before we go out. figure it gives me about 100% better chance because i can still out run (hobble?) him! grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
This wasn't the only coverage of the attack. According to other reports they did NOT shout at the bear before it charged, though they may have as it charged. One of the guys did have a handgun (legal in Montana when bowhunting) and drew it, but the bear knocked it out of his hand before he could shoot--which is when they tried to use pepper-spray.

Always love it when so many people who've never seen a grizzly talk about what the big handgun they'd be carrying in bear country--and how it would have solved the problem, pronto.

Also loved the comment from somebody who apparently didn't read this story, and assumed they were carrying rifles.

Your reading looks to be as bad as your writing Barness. The link provided says nothing about bowhunting.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by grovey
I can't imagine standing there with a big game rifle in hand waiting on a charging bear with an already bloody muzzle to get close enough for me to spray it with the pepper spray I've never tested.

I can't imagine bowhunting with a big game rifle.

Not without a spotlight anyway.

Dave

I can't imagine trying to shoot a city elk with a 22-250 shell out of my 7-08 , but schitt happens.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I guess if I lived in PA I'd be pissed off every morning as well.

Chin up.

Clark

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth............by a grizzly bear.

That's when I roll on the ground with them.

Clark

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I guess if I lived in PA I'd be pissed off every morning as well.

Chin up.

Clark

Geeze, take it easy on us PA guys. We can't all be held accountable for one shining example of a turd that runs his mouth when he has no clue what he's talking about.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
At least he has a cool avatar.

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by grovey
This wasn't the only coverage of the attack. According to other reports they did NOT shout at the bear before it charged, though they may have as it charged. One of the guys did have a handgun (legal in Montana when bowhunting) and drew it, but the bear knocked it out of his hand before he could shoot--which is when they tried to use pepper-spray.

Always love it when so many people who've never seen a grizzly talk about what the big handgun they'd be carrying in bear country--and how it would have solved the problem, pronto.

Also loved the comment from somebody who apparently didn't read this story, and assumed they were carrying rifles.

Your reading looks to be as bad as your writing Barness. The link provided says nothing about bowhunting.

You're a [bleep] retard. Bow season is the only season open right now. You ought to check facts before you start posting stupid scheit, otherwise you just look dumb.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
grovey,

Yeah, I screwed up by not reading this article thoroughly.

My only excuse is that I'd already read half-a-dozen other accounts of the attack, because it was big news here in Montana, and all the others mentioned they were bowhunting. So I didn't read this one thoroughly, and assumed it mentioned bowhunting because that would seem to be essential information, though apparently not to the reporter who wrote it. I apologize.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, glad that more informative articles were posted than the original one, which was certainly poor by comparison. A common flaw in so-called journalism these days.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,931
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.