Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by borden811
Originally Posted by deflave
I guess if I lived in PA I'd be pissed off every morning as well.

Chin up.

Clark

Geeze, take it easy on us PA guys. We can't all be held accountable for one shining example of a turd that runs his mouth when he has no clue what he's talking about.

F U Borden... who do you think you are? That's twice you run your suck. I'd bitch slap your boyfriend just to get to you!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
grovey,

Yeah, I screwed up by not reading this article thoroughly.

My only excuse is that I'd already read half-a-dozen other accounts of the attack, because it was big news here in Montana, and all the others mentioned they were bowhunting. So I didn't read this one thoroughly, and assumed it mentioned bowhunting because that would seem to be essential information, though apparently not to the reporter who wrote it. I apologize.

Apology accepted John, and I apologize for the snarky come back attempting to defend myself.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Chin up.

Clark

That was my attempt at humor Flave.... But yeah, short fused I am these days. Dunno why....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need a CWP to carry concealed in Montana.

Dave

Nope.

45-8-317. Exceptions. (1) Section 45-8-316 does not apply to:

(a) any peace officer of the state of Montana or of another state who has the power to make arrests;

(b) any officer of the United States government authorized to carry a concealed weapon;

(c) a person in actual service as a member of the national guard;

(d) a person summoned to the aid of any of the persons named in subsections (1)(a) through (1)(c);

(e) a civil officer or the officer's deputy engaged in the discharge of official business;

(f) a probation and parole officer authorized to carry a firearm under 46-23-1002;

(g) a person issued a permit under 45-8-321 or a person with a permit recognized under 45-8-329;

(h) an agent of the department of justice or a criminal investigator in a county attorney's office;

(i) a person who is outside the official boundaries of a city or town or the confines of a logging, lumbering, mining, or railroad camp or who is lawfully engaged in hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, hiking, backpacking, farming, ranching, or other outdoor activity in which weapons are often carried for recreation or protection;

(j) the carrying of arms on one's own premises or at one's home or place of business; or

(k) the carrying of a concealed weapon in the state capitol by a legislative security officer who has been issued a permit under 45-8-321 or with a permit recognized under 45-8-329.

(2) With regard to a person issued a permit under 45-8-321, the provisions of 45-8-328 do not apply to this section.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
HOLD STILL JOHN!

Pepper Spray!!! Pepper Spray!!! Pepper Spray!!!

GLOCK!GLOCK!GLOCK!GLOCK!

John? John?....

Last edited by Slider1; 09/09/17.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If hunting why would you need to conceal a hand gun....I think open carry is league.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RLTW
Fellas,

Some would say that I have enjoyed a pretty sporty life, but I can only say that I fear no man, damned few women but all Griz, and pissy blackies.

Some years back my buddy and I were up the creek, literally, moose hunting. in Alaska. Heard, then smelled one of the dish faced big boys we had seen from his Super Cub the day before.

Even though we both were humping .338's with 250 NP's, we both looked at each other's knees- we both thought it would be a lot easier to hit the other's knee than a Big Brownie mugging us from 10 feet on the other side of the Alder wall. Then reverted to training and wished we had some belt fed weapons.

Never saw that bear, and he let us pass, but anyone who thinks that they have a chance in hand to hand, or that they could get off a decent shot is fooling themselves.

B.S. Dave, you continue to flat out make me laugh.

Good for you; now, do pushups!

I have been close enough to hear and smell a Kodiak Brown and never saw him. It's damn scary.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by RLTW
Fellas,

Some would say that I have enjoyed a pretty sporty life, but I can only say that I fear no man, damned few women but all Griz, and pissy blackies.

Some years back my buddy and I were up the creek, literally, moose hunting. in Alaska. Heard, then smelled one of the dish faced big boys we had seen from his Super Cub the day before.

Even though we both were humping .338's with 250 NP's, we both looked at each other's knees- we both thought it would be a lot easier to hit the other's knee than a Big Brownie mugging us from 10 feet on the other side of the Alder wall. Then reverted to training and wished we had some belt fed weapons.

Never saw that bear, and he let us pass, but anyone who thinks that they have a chance in hand to hand, or that they could get off a decent shot is fooling themselves.

B.S. Dave, you continue to flat out make me laugh.

Good for you; now, do pushups!

I have been close enough to hear and smell a Kodiak Brown and never saw him. It's damn scary.

Holy [bleep]!

i watched a show where these bow hunters were crawling through the red brush on a Griz track. It opened up to a creek and the bear was there and the dude shot it at like 18 yds.

The things was, they had NO idea where that bear was in that thick sh*t. It would be a rush but no thanks.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Ringman,

I personally know a couple of people who've been mauled by grizzlies, and yes, they described rolling around with the bear on top of them, because they were trying to protect their their head and back of their neck, which is what grizzlies often go for when mauling people--just as the bear did in this mauling.

One common advice for people being mauled by grizzlies is to play dead, but that's hard to do when they're biting your skull, or dragging you around by a leg.

I've sewn 14 canisters of bear spray onto my Stormy Kromer and have another six strung together like a pearl choker. I won't go into bear country without either of them.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

Ringman,

I personally know a couple of people who've been mauled by grizzlies, and yes, they described rolling around with the bear on top of them, because they were trying to protect their their head and back of their neck, which is what grizzlies often go for when mauling people--just as the bear did in this mauling.

One common advice for people being mauled by grizzlies is to play dead, but that's hard to do when they're biting your skull, or dragging you around by a leg.

I've sewn 14 canisters of bear spray onto my Stormy Kromer and have another six strung together like a pearl choker. I won't go into bear country without either of them.

He'll think he's eating a Mexican, what with all that spiciness....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a guy who hunted bear with a bow, and I told him to his face , he was nuts. But I learned a couple off facts. The arrows used for deer and the arrows used for bear must have different tips. Deer razorheads have a minimum cutting width of @1&1/2" and are intended for max blood letting. Not so with bear, a s they have a razorheads just larger than the shaft of the arrow. About the size of the tip of your little finger. They are designed for max penetration, so they can reach something vital. Deer tipped arrows would more than likely not penetrate enough to kill anytime soon. Then you have a wounded and verdy pissed bear on hand. Not good, not good at all.
He also told me, on any guided hunt, he is back-stopped by the guide with a rifle.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kellory
I know a guy who hunted bear with a bow, and I told him to his face , he was nuts. But I learned a couple off facts. The arrows used for deer and the arrows used for bear must have different tips. Deer razorheads have a minimum cutting width of @1&1/2" and are intended for max blood letting. Not so with bear, a s they have a razorheads just larger than the shaft of the arrow. About the size of the tip of your little finger. They are designed for max penetration, so they can reach something vital. Deer tipped arrows would more than likely not penetrate enough to kill anytime soon. Then you have a wounded and verdy pissed bear on hand. Not good, not good at all.
He also told me, on any guided hunt, he is back-stopped by the guide with a rifle.

[Linked Image]

Where do you get information like this?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by grovey
Originally Posted by borden811

Chin up.

Clark

Geeze, take it easy on us PA guys. We can't all be held accountable for one shining example of a turd that runs his mouth when he has no clue what he's talking about.

F U Borden... who do you think you are? That's twice you run your suck. I'd bitch slap your boyfriend just to get to you!

I bet your dad wouldn't let you bitch slap him

This thread is EPIC

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kellory

Did he go to band camp too?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
A friend of mine had a grizzly come to him while he was coyote hunting Montana. He heard it before he saw it so he had his rifle ready. A .22-250. When the bear was about five feet away he fired. A very large white streak appeared right above one of its eyes. The bear fell. Got up. Shook its head and mauled a nearby small tree before it left. As long as the bear's attention was not directed toward him he was fine with it.

I'd like to meet that small tree.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by Zerk
Originally Posted by Slider1
You are allowed to carry a side arm in Montana while Archery Hunting. You just are not allowed to dispatch an animal with it. But may use it ANYTIME for self defense.If you have a CWP it can be out if sight.

So can shoot a person with it, but must pepper spray on bears?

Don't worry about it, stupid. You'll never venture this far regardless.

Dave

It only makes sense that you can shoot people but only spray bears. The world has way too many humans and not nearly enough bears. If you people would just read more you would understand. At least me and Deflave have it figured out.

Originally Posted by Zerk
I value my life more than a bear.

But does anybody else.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
You need a CWP to carry concealed in Montana.

Dave

Nope.

45-8-317. Exceptions. (1) Section 45-8-316 does not apply to:

(a) any peace officer of the state of Montana or of another state who has the power to make arrests;

(b) any officer of the United States government authorized to carry a concealed weapon;

(c) a person in actual service as a member of the national guard;

(d) a person summoned to the aid of any of the persons named in subsections (1)(a) through (1)(c);

(e) a civil officer or the officer's deputy engaged in the discharge of official business;

(f) a probation and parole officer authorized to carry a firearm under 46-23-1002;

(g) a person issued a permit under 45-8-321 or a person with a permit recognized under 45-8-329;

(h) an agent of the department of justice or a criminal investigator in a county attorney's office;

(i) a person who is outside the official boundaries of a city or town or the confines of a logging, lumbering, mining, or railroad camp or who is lawfully engaged in hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, hiking, backpacking, farming, ranching, or other outdoor activity in which weapons are often carried for recreation or protection;

(j) the carrying of arms on one's own premises or at one's home or place of business; or

(k) the carrying of a concealed weapon in the state capitol by a legislative security officer who has been issued a permit under 45-8-321 or with a permit recognized under 45-8-329.

(2) With regard to a person issued a permit under 45-8-321, the provisions of 45-8-328 do not apply to this section.

I meant in general. Not just hunting.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston

Ringman,

I keep mine next to my bear arrows.

They go hand in hand.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Stick and string, for BEARS?

Hell, I do not even use stick and string for FISH...

Frags are my Huckleberry.

So my Alaska buddy is not exactly a tender flower of nature who has also enjoyed a robust life ( as in Silver Star ) but when doing Super Cub reconning and we see Mr. Bear we move out smartly to another AO.

Even if hunting them, we really wish we had 155's in direct support...

Duty, Honor, Country
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1936M71, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 59 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,880
Posts18,518,168
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.