Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
or, is just hurricanes a fact of nature? we know tsunami's happen upon occasion.

the news media acts like we're being attacked, or something. maybe we are. but why?

in parts of the world tornadoes happen. ice-storms can occur knocking down trees & outing power.

i've come to the point that the news media is assigning meaning to everything that occurs here on the earth?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gus, I think your real standout quality is your ability to write while on acid.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
lot's of folks thinks the eco-system is here to serve mankind? perhaps it is, and perhaps it isn't?

anyways, i know that organic vinegar, store bought is about 5 percent acid. home made, organic type, the acidity can vary.

the best we can do now is to discuss the storm, as reported to us by the paid "talkers."

i don't want anyone to die because of Mother Nature. i'm pretty sure MN agrees with me?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kingston

This^^^.

But, to answer the question, yes. Lot of folks even deserve to catch lightening.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Ahem! To Serve Man is a cookbook!!

Geez!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya we had it coming. what with all the gayness and all. we better clean up our act or gods going to take off his belt.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Only if one believes that natural events are punishment for our sins. I don't.

Westburrow babtist church might have a different answer. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by kingston

This^^^.

But, to answer the question, yes. Lot of folks even deserve to catch lightening.

ol ben franklin wasn't afraid to run a kite up into a thunderstorm w/a key attached to see what might happen next?

anyways, the media reporting has about worn me out. and i know they're just doing their job.

schools pretty much state wide in ga. are out tommorrow. some out for tuesday.

the storm keeps shifting west. i was betting it was gonna knock Charleston, SC out. but, i was WRONG.

so, we should all be as safe as we can be.

at least the aquifers, lakes & streams are being re-freshed. thank god for that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Only if one believes that natural events are punishment for our sins. I don't...

Asking if someone deserves having a natural disaster run over them is a chick question. That is an ideal based purely on emotion, not on rational, logical thought.

Of course, that describes the Left and the extreme right. It's all about how someone feels. Phouc that. I left the hormonal teenage years long, long ago.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

the storm keeps shifting west. i was betting it was gonna knock Charleston, SC out. but, i was WRONG AGAIN.

[/quote]

Im just hoping being wrong isnt causing you to be a little off plumb?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx

the storm keeps shifting west. i was betting it was gonna knock Charleston, SC out. but, i was WRONG AGAIN.

Im just hoping being wrong isnt causing you to be a little off plumb?
[/quote]

relax. i'm right more than half the time. lol.

prayers from South Carolina probably had an impact. more prayer from hotlanta has had even more impact.

now, it's up to alabama. lol.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Gus
or, is just hurricanes a fact of nature? we know tsunami's happen upon occasion.

the news media acts like we're being attacked, or something. maybe we are. but why?

in parts of the world tornadoes happen. ice-storms can occur knocking down trees & outing power.

i've come to the point that the news media is assigning meaning to everything that occurs here on the earth?

Gus, mankind is just a pimple on old Earth's butt. Mother Earth is hardly aware of our existence (if an inanimate object had awareness) except for a very minor local irritation once in a while. It stings a bit for a moment, but you know that in no time at all, it will be gone.

So it is with man, we have only been here for an instant of geological time, and in another instant we will all be gone, with little to no evidence we were ever here. Earth is like the honey badger, she just don't care.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus, mankind is just a pimple on old Earth's butt. Mother Earth is hardly aware of our existence (if an inanimate object had awareness) except for a very minor local irritation once in a while. It stings a bit for a moment, but you know that in no time at all, it will be gone.

So it is with man, we have only been here for an instant of geological time, and in another instant we will all be gone, with little to no evidence we were ever here. Earth is like the honey badger, she just don't care.

Now put that into the context of the Universe.

Just the portion visible to us is over 26 billion light years across, hundreds of billions of galaxies each with hundreds of billions of starts, and somehow we thing it cares enough about this one primate species on this one spec of dust to send storms and earth quakes to specific locations to punish selected sinners.

If this is the case, why did Katrina miss the Gayest portion of New Orleans.

Does the Universe like .270 shooters?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
...Does the Universe like .270 shooters?

laugh laugh laugh

It must!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
APDDSNO864;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I trust all is going at least moderately acceptable in your world.

When Gus initially posed the question, this exchange sprung immediately to my mind. We go to 1:34 by the way for the beginning of the specifics.

I read in some book somewhere one time "It is appointed unto man once to die".... there was more of course, but I've come to the conclusion nobody gets outa here alive, you know?

When I'm teaching the Survival/First Aid night in the BC Hunter Safety course, I tell the class two things - first - the mountain doesn't care if you die on it. Second - luck favors the prepared.

That said, even the prepared aren't making out alive are they?

Perhaps like the philosopher William Money said, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it", eh? wink

All the best to you in the upcoming week sir and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mt 5:45 ....that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Since Rock Chuck brought up some Scripture I will bring up one that fits also.

Amos 3:6-7
"'If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the Lord done it?
Surely the Lord God does nothing unless He reveals His secret counsel to His servants the prophets.'"

These hurricanes are certainly bringing calamity to some cities.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BC30cal
...That said, even the prepared aren't making out alive are they?
Perhaps like the philosopher William Money said, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it", eh?
Dwayne

Good evening, Dwayne! Good to see you posting!

You and William Money have it right, although there are a lot of people who make like they are going to get out of it alive because they deserve it. They do a lot of "preparing", when all we have to do is live our lives as we should and everything will go according to how it is supposed to be.

As a wise man once told me "We are where we are supposed to be."

I hope your endeavors this fall will meet or exceed your hopes and dreams. My best to you and your family.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 09/10/17. Reason: punchuashun

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha.......

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The Sun comprises about 99.86% of the mass of the solar system and produces 3.846 × 1026 watts of energy per second.

99.86% of tree huggers, climate change nitwits and MSM pundits cannot even begin to comprehend those numbers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,020
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.