Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[quote=458 Lott]I rarely eat at chain restaurants, local ones have much better food and the prices are the same or only slightly higher. We've got a couple of really good burger joints, I can't imagine how one could eat at McDonalds given the option of Tommy's or the Arctic Roadrunner.

[Linked Image]

You really punished me that I didn't get over there last month when I was in Anchorage. I will add, I think Hamburger Haven's burger also is extremely good. I didn't get one of those. I may need to make another trip this year. I've only been earing at Arctic Road Runner since 1981, Good stuff there.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I, or my wife make the best expensive burgers.

If you calculate the MONUMENTAL amount of debt incurred to get started in the beef business............thems some expensive burgers! Pretty tasty too.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
benchman, I was 18 when I first saw a McDonalds, 24 when I was at a Pizza Hut.

Nowdays, as fast food goes, I like the five buck lunch at Dairy Queen.

I was also 18 when I saw my first McDonald's. Thing is it was the ONLY McDonald's at the time.
North E street, San Bernardino, Ca. Food was actually pretty good.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
[quote=458 Lott]I rarely eat at chain restaurants, local ones have much better food and the prices are the same or only slightly higher. We've got a couple of really good burger joints, I can't imagine how one could eat at McDonalds given the option of Tommy's or the Arctic Roadrunner.

[Linked Image]

You really punished me that I didn't get over there last month when I was in Anchorage. I will add, I think Hamburger Haven's burger also is extremely good. I didn't get one of those. I may need to make another trip this year. I've only been earing at Arctic Road Runner since 1981, Good stuff there.

The cafe at the local cattle auction house cooks burgers for the guys on my crew every Wednesday. We get a 1/2lb or so burger, fries, and a coke or tea for $5, an extra dollar and John will let you grab a Reese cup or Snicker bar out of the freezer. It's a darn good burger for sure. But that picture sure makes me miss our little shack of a house on Spenard a couple blocks down from Tommy's. I'll have the Stella, add bacon, hold the mayo, and don't forget the onion rings with siracha.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only fast food burgers I eat are Whataburger. We've got a bunch of great Mom & Pop type burger joints around here.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish we had the Whataburger's here. Every time I'm in Texas I pig out on them. Used to get them in Phoenix when I got a chance to work there. If I could get decent Burgers and now and then a good wet Burrito with green Chili and rice i wouldn't need anything else

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Taco Bell is the best "Mexican food" in town here.

You have my condolences.

No kidding. You see a Mexican restaurant everywhere here. It's cheaper than Taco Bell too and at least ten times better.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I rarely eat at chain restaurants, local ones have much better food and the prices are the same or only slightly higher. We've got a couple of really good burger joints, I can't imagine how one could eat at McDonalds given the option of Tommy's or the Arctic Roadrunner.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tried to talk Talus into visiting Tommy's last week but the lack of beer made it a no-go...

Even after I suggested walking across the parking lot and getting a brown paper sack...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

[Linked Image]

Surely this thing has jalapenos on it? A must, if not.

As many jalapenos as desired available at the condiment bar...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
People get stupid when they walk into a fast food place. The only reason to go to them in my opinion is to eat cheap, which you can just about always do if you're careful and order off the dollar menu. You can usually put together your own combo for $4 or so including drink. For some reason though, and it's usually the soccer moms I see doing it, they don't want to order off the dollar menu and will buy the $10 combos for themselves and their four rugrats. Presto, you've got a $50 bill for eating fast food with a bunch of kids. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter where you are soccer moms will try to one up each other using their kids. "My kid's not eating off the dollar menu! Precious is too good for that!". It's frikkin McDonald's lady, get over yourself!

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
People get stupid when they walk into a fast food place. The only reason to go to them in my opinion is to eat cheap, which you can just about always do if you're careful and order off the dollar menu. You can usually put together your own combo for $4 or so including drink. For some reason though, and it's usually the soccer moms I see doing it, they don't want to order off the dollar menu and will buy the $10 combos for themselves and their four rugrats. Presto, you've got a $50 bill for eating fast food with a bunch of kids. It never ceases to amaze me that no mater where you are soccer moms will try to one up each other using their kids. "My kid's not eating off the dollar menu! Precious is too good for that!". It's frikkin McDonald's lady, get over yourself!

Unfortunately true. McDonald's has become an institution for keeping poor people poor.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Your not getting this at your local Pizza Puke

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Don't really look better than our local Pizza Hut.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Isn't cataract surgery covered by Medicare?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
As time has passed I've concluded that there is such a thing as too much stuff on top of a pizza.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Olives on a pizza? No bueno.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by mathman
As time has passed I've concluded that there is such a thing as too much stuff on top of a pizza.

Thats for dang sure.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Thats for dang sure.

The same holds for certain types of po-boy sandwiches too. One that's overstuffed with cold, wet turkey, ham and roast beef is just gross.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Thats for dang sure.

The same holds for certain types of po-boy sandwiches too. One that's overstuffed with cold, wet turkey, ham and roast beef is just gross.

Except for bacon.

The more bacon the better.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I did say "certain", not all. Bacon is on the more is better list. If it's too much for the sandwich or whatever then pull it off and it's great on the side.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 63 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,197
Posts18,524,088
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.