S
Oregon, home of the stalkers. TFF

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If I had a 6mm I would shoot bullets and kill every single thing it was pointed at dead.
Steel head ain't killed anything in years. He's allergic to the out doors. His advice is like Jeff O's. Well Jeff might actually shoot so no it's not like jeffs it's worse.

Last edited by fredIII; 09/14/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya it really is that simple... grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have an itch to build a 6 MM Remington. My question is, Do I need a standard length action as a donor or will a short action donor action be sufficient. I'll be shooting up to 100 grain game bullets and likely no lighter than 80 grainers.

What do you say?

Who is the smith going to be????

I know a guy 😉

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by Big Stick
If it were a High Volume Utility Rifle,I'd go 6BR and never look back...

Why?

It's the most...for the least.

Brass quality is rather exceptional and easily scored. Most Plumbers are tooled in accordance with proven reamer prints and exceptional dies abound. It is easy on barrels,scoots meaningful BC's to meaningful velocities,is easy on throats and barrels both. It's trite length makes it an ease to chase lands and COAL latitude is more than a bunch forgiving. It makes huge velocity per grain of powder,recoil really doesn't exist and it's amazing consistency simply must be seen,to be comprehended.

The less one "knows" or "does",the "better" Ping Pong Ball BC's and simply STUPID fhuqking schit "appeals"...and it's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who "thinks" they do. Hint.(grin)

While hardly "fair" to be able to take every chambering/boolit thus far cited,toss same into a crummy and gun 'em side by each,I simply have...mainly because I can and do. Physics and Facts ain't for everyone,which routinely shakes up The Paper Hat Brigade and it's Peckerpole Princesses. I VERY much enjoy the notion of the Window Licking Droolers extolling the "virtues" of schit chamberings,in schit rifles,if only obliviously to themselves. EPIC fhuqking humor!

Conjoin a schit chambering and simply put,the 6mm Rem Aye-Eye is the bottom of the barrel,assemble same in a platform that precludes anything even approaching COAL latitude,form cases and finally "get" to scoot a schit boolit,"guided" by schit glass and schit mounting system...leaving No Dumbfhuqkery unturned. Couple that with the much "heralded" Secret Squirrel "advantage" of sheer and outright fhuqking STUPIDITY and schit simply don't get much funnier.

If only for conversation,a 1-8" 20" 22 Grendel in a Krunchenticker,will whistle a 75ELD at 3100fps from it's magfed Smooches. Though using but 30grs of powder,it absolutely stomps the "magnificent" Peckerpole Princess's 6AI. Why?!? Nothing more than Facts and Physics,as applied to projectile selection,the harmony inherent exceptional brass,skookum case design and the sanctity of melding throating and COAL latitude. Of course it'll CRUSH it in the wind,retain more impact velocity where/when it matters and out Agg same,if only due to same. 'Course I'm talkin' 30MOA inclination and better than 30 Mils available on the erector,along with another 10 Mils on the windshield alone,which will only get it to the 1150yd line. The Peckerpole Princesses are now Googling madly,while trying to nod their heads like they "understand". Hint.Laughing!

Grenpua and BRpua Virgins and now they can say they've "seen" good brass. Hint.

[Linked Image]

The 6BR don't give a schit about modest length barrels either. Ask me how I KNOW.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Only "fair" to grant The Peckerpole Princesses opportunity,to be able to say they've "seen" these as well. If only because I hear good thangs about the 6mm Grendel too and have perhaps shot a 223 once. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Now they can "know" that Norma brass sucks,because they've "seen" it too.

[Linked Image]

Same goes Hornady sucktion.

[Linked Image]

HOPEFULLY beer goes on Sale this weekend and The Peckerpole Princesses get lippy and expound even further,on their amazingly WELL founded Insecurities.

I don't shoot 22's much either. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Bless their hearts.

It's easy for me to say,if only because I shoot it all.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ummmm but this is in the "hunting" rifles section, and he wants to shoot 80-100 gr boolits, dumb kchunt....

It's easy to see a feller that hunts numerous locales and species, vs one that hunts kelp fed bears, and has a buck season 7 months long.... I will gladly take mpbr over modest velocities and [bleep] with lrf's and cranking turrets, if only because it works quite handily...

If I was shooting sea lions, seals, and otters a turret might be handy.... grin

Glad to see you finally sweetened up to 6.5's, though you were late to the show, again..... haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
A couple "Sitka " blacktails laying behind they're cousin, the Columbia blacktail.... haha
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The lying lazy bushelor, do you like that scope?? Now is time for a addendum, to get my mind right... haha
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You clubbing harp seals now Jud?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Naw if given the opportunity id run ping pong boolits and Schitt glass... grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hear them SWFA scopes are tough enough to club stuff with...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They look like they'd be good for that...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jud you get the one post a day treatment on sugar tits site. They booted me lol.
Seems that anyone who can out think poor Sugar tits can't hang out there.
Poor poor sugar tits and his hurt feelers reports. Lieingposmclucccyswollenvag#.com

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by fredIII
Jud you get the one post a day treatment on sugar tits site. They booted me lol.
Seems that anyone who can out think poor Sugar tits can't hang out there.
Poor poor sugar tits and his hurt feelers reports. Lieingposmclucccy@swollenvag#.com

God damn I just peed a little!! Haha

Ya they don't want his blog spot tampered with. They want him to post 40 plus posts a day with no one else to post a rebuttal... haha

What's this thread about anyhow???? Oh about building a 6 mm, for 80-100 gr boolits, and the guy building it doesn't give (1) Schitt about brass...

Now take a deep breath and re read liar larry... ok get your lip to stop quivering, and re read yet again.... ahhhh is that better??? Now tuck your turkey gobbler in, nod your head in accordance.... oh and tally up gross " of bone you collected last year, and I'll simply spank you like I do every year, with my secret squirrel ping pong lazerfuckingbeam.... haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[quote=OSU_Sig]I have an itch to build a 6 MM Remington. My question is, Do I need a standard length action as a donor or will a short action donor action be sufficient. I'll be shooting up to 100 grain game bullets and likely no lighter than 80 grainers.

What's sooooo hard to savvy about that??? Just rant and argue just to argue??? I can think of (2) people who got tired of it.... hint

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My good old Rem 700 BDL in 6mm Rem. Got it about 1974 as I recall. Did a little varmint & coyote shooting with it. Past 10 or 15 years my youngest son has been using it on whitetail and mule deer with fine results. He does like to zap some rockchucks with it too. Very easy rifle to shoot well.

[Linked Image]

It's been a good rifle for a long time now. No idea the round count, never kept score on that. It still puts those wonderful 95 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips into nice tight groups from the 22" factory barrel. Have shot bullets from 55 - 105 grains from it with good results. The little 105 Hornady A-Max is pretty impressive.

I was surprised some years ago when people started telling me that the cartridge would be better served in a long action. Okay, fair enough. But all the stuff this thing has killed over the past 40+ years... Well, those critters are still pretty doggone dead.

If this barrel ever stops shooting well, I'll likely replace it with a 24" of the same contour, maybe speed up the twist to 1:8. Maybe.

Regards, Guy

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice rifle Guy.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Judman
Nice rifle Guy.

Thanks. It's nothing special, except to my family. Just a good old Remington that we've had for over 40 years, and used quite a bit. My son and I both truly enjoy using it afield.

I put a new scope on it, a 3.5-10x Leupold, at least ten years ago, using the original Redfield base & rings. It holds zero very nicely.

Guy

O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks to all for your ideas and comments. You have been helpful.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here's my ol 77 the old man got me in 84 from Leroy Wisener from wiseners gunshop here. Been to Oregon, Idaho, and of course here. Gave it to the boy for his first rifle, lotta bucks killed with it. Still got the Nikon monarch on it, great little rifle.
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21 invisible), 1,707 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,122
Posts18,483,677
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.