-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd shoot a couple thousand a day if I had the free time and the wife let me.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Why does anybody go through 12,000 rounds per week ? Is that among a bunch of shooters ? I went through all the local league matches, to the state championships, to the empire state games and on to the Northeast states championships and never went through more than 500 rounds per week in practice the whole time. This in registered 4 position smallbore which is very demanding of precision.

Some shoot as if their lives depend on it. Literally, not figuratively...

Last edited by Whttail_in_MT; 09/17/17.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Much stumps Blackheart, though I hear he's a master gunsmith.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Higbean
I'd shoot a couple thousand a day if I had the free time and the wife let me.
To what benefit ? I placed in the top 3 every year at the state chamionships on less than 500 rounds per week practice. I had the highset offhand and kneeling averages in the local league matches, of which there were 144 competitors. Did pretty well in the Northeastern States championships and Empire State Games too, Well enough that I was invited to the olympic tryouts several times over the years. I think if anybody had a need to shoot 200 rounds per day it would be a waste of time and ammunition. In short, if you NEED that much practice you might just suck at it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Not much stumps me dipshyt. Though by the looks of your '94 the same can't be said for your stupid ass.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Why does anybody go through 12,000 rounds per week ? Is that among a bunch of shooters ? I went through all the local league matches, to the state championships, to the empire state games and on to the Northeast states championships and never went through more than 500 rounds per week in practice the whole time. This in registered 4 position smallbore which is very demanding of precision.

We weren't training for competition... guess it was a waste of time though whistle

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by starsky
Originally Posted by GregW
It was no insult. I grew up hunting in stands. Funny you took it as such. It was to demonstrate the variety of optics needs, rifle needs, etc. depending on locale. You proved my whole point in that for your needs, Leupold would work just fine as you never run the heck out of the erector as you don't have a need because of your location. Which is why you haven't had a failure. Have fun this deer season.

I live in NY and haven't hunted out of a stand in at least 15 years. In that time I've killed over 50 deer and only two were over 100 yards away.. The vast majority of my shots have been between 25 and 75 yards and I can't think of any sighting device I'd have less use for than one with any kind of range finding, mil dot or multi distance aiming points/crosshairs unless it's mounted on a crossbow.

So why comment on an SWFA thread when you have no use for one and no desire to use one?

Hey Blackheart....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

We weren't training for competition... guess it was a waste of time though whistle

What are you training for ? I've known a bunch of people who are or were in the armed services. None of them ever shot that much.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It was no insult. I grew up hunting in stands. Funny you took it as such. It was to demonstrate the variety of optics needs, rifle needs, etc. depending on locale. You proved my whole point in that for your needs, Leupold would work just fine as you never run the heck out of the erector as you don't have a need because of your location. Which is why you haven't had a failure. Have fun this deer season.

I live in NY and haven't hunted out of a stand in at least 15 years. In that time I've killed over 50 deer and only two were over 100 yards away.. The vast majority of my shots have been between 25 and 75 yards and I can't think of any sighting device I'd have less use for than one with any kind of range finding, mil dot or multi distance aiming points/crosshairs unless it's mounted on a crossbow.

So why comment on an SWFA thread when you have no use for one and no desire to use one?

Hey Blackheart....
Hey Starsky. GFY.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hey Blackheart....
Hey Starsky. GFY.

So you haven't owned one, used one, or probably even seen one, but you'll comment on them. Got it.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

What are you training for ? I've known a bunch of people who are or were in the armed services. None of them ever shot that much.

I've known people that were lawyers but I don't pretend to know their job.. just because folks are in the service, doesn't mean they were combatant trained. 100's of 1000's of soldiers, Marines, etc don't shoot a ton other than yearly quals, those that are expected to fight shoot 1000's of rounds a day during shooting exercises.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

2x- 1-6x HD
1x 3-9x

Other scopes-

1x- SWFA SS 1-4x Classic (approx. 800 rounds)
2x- Trijicon 1-8x's (approx. 1,200 and 900 rounds)
1x- 2.5-10x NF (approx. 600 rounds)
1x each- 3.5-15x and 4-16x NF (300 rounds apiece)
1x- Leupold MK 6 (around 600 rounds)
Multiple Aimpoints and two EoTechs.

I'll give you two guesses at which three optics had to be pulled due to loss of zero/failure to RTZ....

Thanks for chiming in, Formi. Always appreciate the feedback, especially given the test environment.

If I had to wager, I'd say Leupo was definitely one of them. Previous track record would seem to make this a no brainer. The other two I'm guessing were Triji scopes.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 09/17/17.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Doing a drive by.....

Approaching 12,000 rounds through 3 SWFA SS scopes since Monday. They were zeroed Monday morning, and dialed conservatively 50% of the rounds out to 600m. Tracking and RTZ was checked first thing. The zero on them is still perfect.

The work just like the last several dozen SS's.

Those guys are not doing it for fun-unless you consider consistent head shots at long distance, fun. Well, I guess is kinda would be!

Last edited by sbhooper; 09/17/17.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4th_point

2x- 1-6x HD
1x 3-9x

Other scopes-

1x- SWFA SS 1-4x Classic (approx. 800 rounds)
2x- Trijicon 1-8x's (approx. 1,200 and 900 rounds)
1x- 2.5-10x NF (approx. 600 rounds)
1x each- 3.5-15x and 4-16x NF (300 rounds apiece)
1x- Leupold MK 6 (around 600 rounds)
Multiple Aimpoints and two EoTechs.

I'll give you two guesses at which three optics had to be pulled due to loss of zero/failure to RTZ....

Thanks for chiming in, Formi. Always appreciate the feedback, especially given the test environment.

If I had to wager, I'd say Leupo was definitely one of them. Previous track record would seem to make this a no brainer. The other two I'm guessing were Triji scopes.

Jason

I'd put my money on the Leupy and the two EOTechs.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

That was three shooters, and we're not shooting "4 position smallbore". Competition is excellent for practice, though positional less so, however some have a job that requires more than positional shooting and often at high round counts.

6 days, 5 guns/uppers (with a bit of pistol).
[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
4th,

wareagle has it. The Leupold and EoTechs. The Trijicon 1-8's are actually doing well.

To all,

I'm not saying that SWFA scopes never break or have any issues. I am saying that they are extremely reliable, very durable scopes and maybe second only to NF from that perspective.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sadly, I'm not surprised that the VX-6 had issues, but the EOTechs are dissappointing , and the Trijicon a pleasant surprise.

Good info, thanks again!

Jason

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Sadly, I'm not surprised that the VX-6 had issues, but the EOTechs are dissappointing , and the Trijicon a pleasant surprise.

Good info, thanks again!

Jason

I think the Leupold he indicated was a Mark 6, not VX-6. But I'm sure either would have failed.
Of course who could mix up Leupold scope designations.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Not much stumps me dipshyt. Though by the looks of your '94 the same can't be said for your stupid ass.

In short, you're an idiot. I'm guessing NO one here doubts that.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if 1,000 rounds a week would have got him into the Olympics or if he was just lacking in natural talent?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (264mag, 673, 44automag, 7mm_Loco, AB2506, 450yukon, 17 invisible), 1,154 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,881
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.