Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Drank beer as an underage teen, continued through college and beyond. Drank regularly, rarely to excess. By the time I hit 40, the only drinking I did was at my parent's kitchen table, after hunting or fishing with my dad. When he died, I quit. There is no one else who I want to have a drink with.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This thread reminded me that I got a beer in the fridge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have never had much of a desire for what north America calls beer. Some micro's, my own home brews, and many European brands go down easily though and are near a meal in themselves. With a good dinnerl, on a hot day, or after a full day of heavy work an over sized mixed drink hits the spot too. Never been a heavy drinker ever. Probably put one down every three weeks or so. Pretty much a nightly thing in elk camp or on river trips when it's warm. Haven't done any of those "never againers" since about 1970 when I was about to head off to Da Nang for the last time.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
may be this will help :

Drink wine.
This is life eternal.
This is all that youth will give you.
It is the season for wine, roses and drunken friends.
Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life

P.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by mart
I never could stand the taste of beer. Any beer. I did some drinking in my 20's and after one particularly vicious hangover I swore off alcohol.

My career in corrections pretty much cemented my distaste for drinking and drunks. After seeing what alcohol did to many families and having to fight drunks during intake, drinking lost what little appeal it might have had left.

My situation was very similar. Never did like any alcohol, but did attend parties in my younger years where it was expected. I avoided it best I could.

I graduated earning a degree in Mortuary Science and working at the funeral home proved the misery and heartache it caused in many lives. Just like smoking and bringing a known carcinogen into your oxygen exchange system, why would anyone want to introduce alcohol into their system to be depressed, unable to function correctly, or slow reaction speeds? I never did get it, but I suppose I never will. Buried and cremated one s***load of them.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Yep. Haven't had a drink since this morning.

Clark

Can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
some people argue western civilization is because of beer and wine , the more we drank the more we questioned everything and discovered new things.

do you agree ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wine to the poet is like a winged steed,
Those who drink water, gain but little speed...

Attributed to Socrates or one of those Greek philosophers, I think.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I love drinking the occational beer but I choose not to spend my money on the stuff.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I drank like a fish for years. I loved the honky tonks and saloons, the dirtier and rougher the better. Never imagined there'd be a time when I'd choose a 10 year old girls softball practice or game over going to the saloon. As I grew up and my children got older I found myself choosing spending time with my family clear headed was more enjoyable than drinking with hell raisers. It wasn't a conscious choice just something that happened and I'm glad that it did. I've had maybe 8 beers all year which wasn't even a starting point in the past. Now when I drink it's my choice and it's fun, not compulsory like it was in the past and I don't drink with the same intentions of my younger years. The mornings are infinitely easier and I don't miss the things that make life worth living.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
always remember ATF : Alcohol , Tooshy and Firearms.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have never really been a devotee of alcohol. On rare occasions, I will accept a drink if offered and enjoy it, but I do not go out of my way to obtain one. If alcoholic drinks were to suddenly disappear, it would not cause me any distress. This is not to suggest any superiority on my part or to say that no one should enjoy alcohol, just expressing my feelings on the matter.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
If alcoholic drinks were to suddenly disappear, it would not cause me any distress..

the last decision women made was prohibition and still waiting for apology and compensation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cut down tremendously when I became old enough to drink legally, but still had the occasional bender. Stopped that about the time I hit 30. Can only think of a couple of times I even got buzzed in the last 10 years. Might have 3 beers in a night if sitting out with the neighbors, probably average about 3 beers a week though.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I like a good cold lager!!!!!!

Isn't Oktoberfest just around the corner??? wink

It's on now, the Mayor of Munich tapped the first keg on September 16th.

Called ahead! They are waiting for our arrival!!!!

[Linked Image]

Now you're really milking the thread diversion you started! laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I too come from a long proud line of alcoholics....on both sides of my fam. Family get-togethers are great fun.

I've always been a "take it or leave it" kind of guy. I could have 4/6 beers after work everyday for a week. Then not have any alcohol for weeks. At the ripe old age of 42, I hardly drink at all anymore. Have a few beers here and there. Probably a case of beer a year, if that. Capitan and Coke at weddings though, two at a time....being joyous occasions and all!

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Coupla' whiskeys I like, and a coupla' beers (mostly very dark stouts)...but in moderation and only after work....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Arrhythmia issues caused me to abstain for a couple of years. Now, I've completely lost the taste for the hard stuff. A couple of beers once or twice a week and that's it.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Just no addiction at all, no matter how hard I 'abuse' the stuff."

You must not drink much or know what an addict is.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I haven't lost the taste, just the ability to recover fast after to many. But like most here family and watching and coaching my boys took priority. Still find time to get after it once in a while, but nothing like my i used to.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (007FJ, 1234, 1lesfox, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.