Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Hastings
I will be surprised if a Pawnee County Oklahoma jury would convict the truck driver. All a jury has to have is reasonable doubt to acquit. I would have been in fear for my family in this situation. It will be hard for the prosecution to show that there wasn't a self defense motive guiding the truck drivers actions or to show these actions to be excessive. He called for help and neutralized the person closest to his wife and children. Police response cannot be counted on in rural areas. They could easily be 30 miles away. This case will be decided in rural Oklahoma, not San Francisco or New York. We will see.

Prosecution counsel will ask him why if he were in fear for his life did he not call (or have his wife call) 911 too. Prosecution will ask him how he managed to pass the motorcyclists on one road, but couldn't find the horsepower to pull away on the ambush road. Prosecution will ask him what imminent physical threat he faced when he stepped out of his truck with his brother providing shotgun cover. But then again, it is Oklahoma, so who knows what you'll get in a jury.

You are not making sense here. We don't know what happened before the video started. So your whole premise for your comments are unsupported. We don't know he passed any motorcycles anywhere. Didn't you notice it was rural and could take quite awhile for authorities to arrive if at all. In our county we can't expect the sheriff to come at all.

Prosecution may not get to ask the truck driver anything. He does not have to testify. When "college student motorist" takes the stand the defense will get to ask him a lot about chasing after someone for 14 miles with a pack of motorcycles. The truck driver's wife and kids will testify about how scared they were. Motorcycle boys are the ones who needed to call police if they wanted to deal with a traffic violation. I probably have 50 to 60 thousand miles of motorcycle riding and I was cut off all the time. Came to expect it. On my worst day I would not have dreamed of chasing down a redneck (or anyboby else) on a rural road. Truck driver does not have to prove anything. The prosecutor does. Pawnee County has a population of about 15-16 thousand. The jury will be rural country people and they will be appalled at the motorcycle riders behavior.

There's no question that what the kids did was stupid as hell. I have said that from the onset. But nothing I saw indicated that they were a physical threat. It was non-violent until the driver got out and made it violent. Under the cover of his brother's shotgun I might add. Being scared isn't legal justification for assaulting someone. Was it you who justified their choice to not call 911 because police response can't be counted on in instances like this in rural areas? And now you are telling me you think it would have done some good for the kids to call the cops to report a traffic infraction?

I have never chased anyone down, but I have got beside them and taken occasion to express my displeasure with them. I have even invited a few back with a friendly wave. Bullies won't normally take you up on that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So if they were in a couple cars versus on bikes they'd still be justified following the guy in the truck and getting out and confronting him and then when it doesn't go as they'd planned they can cry that they were scared?

They were looking for trouble and found it, they're lucky that the locals had the sense to contain their lesson to the head dumb ass.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If someone is chasing you for 14 miles, screaming at you, cussing, etc, what do you expect them to do when you stop? Would you want to stop at your house?

Once a car with a couple of people in it cut me off really badly. Inches. Of course, I did what comes natural to a hot head - I flipped them off a couple times. So they decided to follow me to work. Seeing as how I was unarmed and out numbered, I did the only reasonable thing you could do - I pulled behind a vacant building. As soon as they saw what a lonely place that was, I'm sure they assumed I was "stronger" than I really was. The took off like bats outta Brooklyn!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Who ever saw a teenage boy on a crotch rocket ride slowly enough that a pickup truck could pass him?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anytime you follow someone for a considerable distance and then get out of your vehicle or off your scooter to confront them you lose the poor innocent me defense. Play stupid games win fantastic prizes....

Yep

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Who ever saw a teenage boy on a crotch rocket ride slowly enough that a pickup truck could pass him?

Most the group was on scooters, prob'ly having a fine old time, racing with them things pegged flat out 40-45 mph.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stupid people on bikes acting stupid,
Stupid in trucks acting stupid.

Who expects to see something brilliant.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by grovey
From what the Video shows... The biker punk got exactly what he was asking for. Don't know what happened before hand, but I'll bet they won't phhuck with another guy like that. That punk is just lucky the driver didn't get his helmet off. The gun/knife thing was cowardly, but the azz whipping was bought and paid for! Phhuck a bunch of bikers phhucking up traffic on a "ride" anyway. I really enjoy setting thru a green light or two because 100 dudes in pleather think they have the right to stop traffic.

College guys were liberal pukes who caused a stink after catching someone who made an error and as liberal pukes usually do wanted to let the driver know how dumb he is and how bad he fugged up. Teachers helpers for sure who grew up finger pointing. That one strutting around in the yellow shirt certainly acts lite in the loafers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So if they were in a couple cars versus on bikes they'd still be justified following the guy in the truck and getting out and confronting him and then when it doesn't go as they'd planned they can cry that they were scared?

They were looking for trouble and found it, they're lucky that the locals had the sense to contain their lesson to the head dumb ass.

I saw it as a very stupid game of one up. Some of which was legal and some of which was illegal. If it can be said the kids were looking for trouble and found it, then it can certainly be said the Bubbas were looking for it and found it. You go cutting off a group of kids on motorbikes in your PCV, setting up armed road blocks, launching physical assaults and threatening to kill people, you are looking for trouble. It could also be said that they lost their poor, innocent me defense.

The game of one up.

PCV driver gets impatient and effects a dangerous discourteous and illegal pass. (Per one of the motorcyclists)

Not to be outdone, the riders decide to follow the jackwipe to try to catch up and dress him down, intimidate him or to get physical. Some speculation here for those who have trouble sorting statements of fact from conjecture.

Unhappy with the behavior of the motorcyclists who are following him, the truck driver calls in reinforcements. Once he has the comfort of armed back up, he decides to dispense his version of backwoods justice. To try to cover the tracks they know will get them in trouble, the Bubba brothers steal the video equipment that was being used to chronicle the game. But they overlooked one device.

In the final quarter of our dumb game of one-up, the evidence in the one device is used to bring charges against some of the Bubba brothers.

But this game is going into overtime, and I suspect some of the motorcyclists are going are wish they hadn't published the video evidence.

Stupid game with stupid players with lots of lessons learned.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
If there is a lower form of life than a 1%er I don't know of it.

Ya, what else is one supposed to think of organizations that deal drugs, carry out contract hits, and practice sex-slavery. But there is a funny story concerning the Bandidos from forty years back when a couple of 'em put bandannas over their faces and held up a miniature train in the woods at a downtown park.

The Easy Rider movie is an American cultural icon, we all thought outlaw bikers were heroes as kids, most likely because we didn't know any very well. Now that movie comes across as high comedy.

But regarding the ending scene, I never met anyone who got shot but from stories I have been told, random acts of aggression and violence against motorcycles weren't that uncommon in rural Texas once upon a time.

All my opinions are humble, and if'n you'd spent much of your adult life with only a motorcycle for transportation you'd be all over this thread too.

Years ago some acquaintances in college said AAs in Houston got a kick out of driving loop on Friday and Saturday night running bikers off the freeways. Supposedly Mexicans did the same in South Texas. One engineering student i knew at Kingsville got ran off the hwy and shoulder one night and lost control control and crashed, roughing him up and tearing up his big heavy bike pretty right.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/20/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
why do some grown ups act like toddlers?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Questions:

1. Are both rednecks/bikers and college punks/bikers dumber than schidt? Answer: Yep

2. Can both Birdwatcher and P Bernard speculate endlessly based on their vast experience? Answer: Yep

3. What looks good on a 1%er? Answer: tire tracks from a cop car.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Questions:

1. Are both rednecks/bikers and college punks/bikers dumber than schidt? Answer: Yep

2. Can both Birdwatcher and P Bernard speculate endlessly based on their vast experience? Answer: Yep

3. What looks good on a 1%er? Answer: tire tracks from a cop car.

mike r

lol +1

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by deflave
What's a "real biker?"

[Linked Image]

That guy could be on a 3,000 mile all-weather cross country trek which most of the lardbuckets here in trucks couldn't even begin to emulate.

And at the end of that, when he gets done, ain't nothing to prevent him from climbing into his truck or throwing a leg over his Harley whatever, and heading down to the range.

Just sayin'

That guy could be sitting on a D-Cell powered vibrating butt plug.

Just sayin'

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by deflave
What's a "real biker?"

[Linked Image]

That guy could be on a 3,000 mile all-weather cross country trek which most of the lardbuckets here in trucks couldn't even begin to emulate.

And at the end of that, when he gets done, ain't nothing to prevent him from climbing into his truck or throwing a leg over his Harley whatever, and heading down to the range.

Just sayin'

That guy could be sitting on a D-Cell powered vibrating butt plug.

Just sayin'

??

So could you.

Speculation, of course.

I mean, look where your avatar says you're from.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
2. Can both Birdwatcher and P Bernard speculate endlessly based on their vast experience?

So how many miles do you got? Near as I can figure I'm at about 260,000. But its been about 20 years since my riding days, other than a NY trip in 2010.

Egad! Got me to thinking, I might have more miles on two wheels than I do on four.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 09/20/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Once at the roadblock truck guy parks his truck, with his wife and kids in it, right in the middle of the event, not the action of a man afraid
for his children.

I have some aquantances with tier-1 skill set, past conversations they have indicated they would not foolishly put themselves and wife/family
at greater risk and distinct disadvantage by exiting the vehicle in such type circumstances, even though they have capabilities way beyond
the halfwit hot head felon hicks in the video...people with such high skill sets still prefer to apply intel.-brains before brawn.

he was a family man in his truck , but not a very bright one or very skilled one, going by how much physical effort
he had to put into that one weedy rider.. laugh
if just 3 or 4 of those riders were carrying and drew their weapons after the shotgun was fired, all hell could have broken loose
with his family in the immediate danger zone because he decided to put them there following his plan to escalate the situation.

One has to be exceptionally dumb to unnecessarily gamble the wellbeing of ones wife and kids, just because one wants to show a
mouthy rider and his unkown quantity group who the boss is.

A felonious group that creates a roadblock, threatens to kill, produces and discharges a firearm,
is clearly asking to be perforated.
, maybe one day it will still happen and help clean out the defective gene pool..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Anytime you follow someone for a considerable distance and then get out of your vehicle or off your scooter to confront them you lose the poor innocent me defense. Play stupid games win fantastic prizes....

This.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
2. Can both Birdwatcher and P Bernard speculate endlessly based on their vast experience?

So how many miles do you got? Near as I can figure I'm at about 260,000. But its been about 20 years since my riding days, other than a NY trip in 2010.

I bought my 1st motorcycle in 1961 at age 14. It was a 1958 Zundapp ISDT that the previous owner had won the old Catalina Island GP on. I raced my way to a AMA national top 100 plate in the desert on Bultacos, Montessas and Huskys. I rode from Long Beach. Ca. to Key West, Fl. and back in 9 days on a Dunstall Triumph. I was chosen from my police academy to serve undercover on a Federal task force combating biker gangs dealing drugs and guns in Socal.

During this entire period I managed to own both motorcycles and cars.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.