-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heck, I was a motorcycle courier in LA for several years (among other simultaneous jobs) and parking was in short supply. I had several bikes then, and the active use one was parked in the bed of my '66 F-100 pickup. I started with bikes, but I've almost always had a pick up as well. Each vehicle has it's own uses.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
2. Can both Birdwatcher and P Bernard speculate endlessly based on their vast experience?

So how many miles do you got? Near as I can figure I'm at about 260,000. But its been about 20 years since my riding days, other than a NY trip in 2010.

I bought my 1st motorcycle in 1961 at age 14. It was a 1958 Zundapp ISDT that the previous owner had won the old Catalina Island GP on. I raced my way to a AMA national top 100 plate in the desert on Bultacos, Montessas and Huskys. I rode from Long Beach. Ca. to Key West, Fl. and back in 9 days on a Dunstall Triumph. I was chosen from my police academy to serve undercover on a Federal task force combating biker gangs dealing drugs and guns in Socal.

During this entire period I managed to own both motorcycles and cars.

mike r

bazinga

BTW I'm such an awesome motorcycle rider that a buddy who had a KTM riding around my place let me take it for a spin, and immediately ran in the house to tell my kids to come watch their dad crash. lol

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2. Can both Birdwatcher and P Bernard speculate endlessly based on their vast experience?

So how many miles do you got? Near as I can figure I'm at about 260,000. But its been about 20 years since my riding days, other than a NY trip in 2010.

I bought my 1st motorcycle in 1961 at age 14. It was a 1958 Zundapp ISDT that the previous owner had won the old Catalina Island GP on. I raced my way to a AMA national top 100 plate in the desert on Bultacos, Montessas and Huskys. I rode from Long Beach. Ca. to Key West, Fl. and back in 9 days on a Dunstall Triumph. I was chosen from my police academy to serve undercover on a Federal task force combating biker gangs dealing drugs and guns in Socal.

mike r

That's an impressive riding resume! That LB-KW and back ride had to be a literal pain in the ass.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I love bikes, but hate group rides. Someone is often a jackass and gets in trouble it seems. The bigger the group, the worse it gets. He thought he was being tough and got his ass beat.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have no idea how anyone can conclude those punks didn't get exactly what they deserved. Sad day in America anybody thinks they were justified following this family for 14 miles and pulling that sheit on them . Just goes to show how far down we've gone.

I thought truck guy showed a hell of a lot of restraint not to stove that punks head in with a pipe. Kudo's for calling ahead for reinforcements rather than stop in the first 100 yards and have a go at em. Brings up the old adage, If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly. That old country boy planned his mission just right. Outnumbered 12 to 1, he called for reinforcements and kicked ass and took names.

One last time, PHOUK THOSE PUNKS.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

mike r

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

I'd bet most here have never even heard of Zundapp, Bultacco or Montessa.

Back in my MC riding days I found 500mi in one day to be all I wanted.
I did it a couple of times but I sure didn't make a habit of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I have no idea how anyone can conclude those punks didn't get exactly what they deserved.

You probably also 'dont get' why three felony assailants have been arrested and charged.

http://www.newson6.com/story/36413228/third-arrest-made-in-pawnee-county-road-rage-incident

http://www.theclevelandamerican.com...3cab48e-9e36-11e7-a949-77812325ea2f.html

quote/

"Sheriff Waters also said he has seen a [second] video that he believes shows Rusty Watkins instigated the entire event,
which the sheriff said started with Rusty Watkins cutting off one of the bikers."

"Court records show Rusty Watkins is charged with assault and battery and accessory to robbery with a weapon".

"Randy Watkins turned himself into Pawnee County deputies. He’s the man seen wielding a shotgun in the video...
Randy Watkins said he wished he would have left his shotgun in his truck.
He has been charged with robbery with a weapon, assault and battery with a deadly weapon and knowingly concealing stolen property."

"Wiseley, 60, was arrested last week for robbery with a weapon and assault and battery with a deadly weapon."

Funny how some people feel a group of felony background redneck trouble makers/instigators can then follow up
with assault, battery and robbery with a lethal weapon.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

mike r

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

mike r

To quote The Most Wanted Man On My Island.......

"Answer the f'kn question........."

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

bazinga

You know that Guy is a Gay Millenial, right?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
We don't know. We only know what one of the kids said. And that is that the truck passed them in a no passing zone and cut dangerously close to them when he reentered the lane. We can choose to believe that or choose to believe that the college kids just randomly chose this particular idiot to phuc with. I choose the former. I don't have a lot of faith in 911 in my area, but rest assured if I think I am in danger and may have to use physical force, I will call 911. If for no other reason to have it on the record. Who knows, it may save me the trouble of using physical force and going to jail for it. I feel pretty sure the prosecution would ask him what physical threat the driver faced as he exited his vehicle, advanced on the kid and began assaulting him. Don't you? You also need to measure my comments against the post they were in response to.

Why do I need to measure anything. I think you started off prejudice and went from there.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I've got no problem with family and friends coming to help in a time of need. Reluctance to take action is why so many good folks get victimized in plain view of others. Everyone is soooooo scared to get in trouble. The bad guys surely don't give a crap about the trouble they may get in for stepping in to help a buddy. At some point the necessity to take action has got to out weigh the fear of legal trouble. I promise you.....If my brother were to call me and ask for help in dealing with a predator, I'm showing up with the intention of inflicting misery. I'll worry about the legality of the matter later. No question, no hesitation!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Those bring back memories. smile It's been so long I can't remember if the Ducati without valve springs was around then. Do you know?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got taught about WW2 Zundapps from a little boy, both sides of family well remembered seeing them being ridden around with
live round belt- fed MGs mounted to them. wink...and have long known the others well enough to know its correctly spelt 'Bultaco'

what about the Rokon 'automatic'..?.. grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Those bring back memories. smile It's been so long I can't remember if the Ducati without valve springs was around then. Do you know?

I've ridden two of the three listed, plus a number of jap bikes as well as Harleys, even had a Maiko in the mix (most unstable POS ever) but I was a Rider, not a Biker.. Mostly rode alone or with three or four other bikes, did the Sturges thing as well a a lot of rallys.
The last ride before hanging it up was around 5,000 bikes, never had problems and never made any

Last edited by Tracks; 09/20/17.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought Mr Watkins the shotgun guy who rendered aid was doing real well until the end when he assaults the GoPro guy to take his camera. Since he had apparently got this far in life without picking up any felonies one hopes a jury of his peers will consider all the mitigating factors.

What I really wanna know is the criminal background, if any, of truck guy #1 who the Sheriff says is caught on a second video initiating this whole event. If so, he sure has effed up his kid brother's life.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 09/21/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

quote/

"Sheriff Waters also said he has seen a [second] video that he believes shows Rusty Watkins instigated the entire event,
which the sheriff said started with Rusty Watkins cutting off one of the bikers."

Man, that's hard to believe. I would have thought that the group of kids just randomly selected poor Rusty and his family. I would have never thought family man Rusty would have used his 6000 pound truck to bully vulnerable road users. After seeing how responsibly he behaved in the segment of the video we did see, I am just at a loss for words.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sir, that's quite enough speculation outta you grin

OK, so we know Eagle Scout Rusty who self-identified as a "biker" on video has at least one close associate who's an actual Hell's Angel, I am curious as to the background of Mr. Rusty hisself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why do y'all keep calling the guy in the PICKUP a truck driver?

Damn metrosexual ruining our language.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

bazinga

You know that Guy is a Gay Millenial, right?

unfortunately, yes. But the show is funny as hell.

MAGA
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,165
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.