Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
...the show isfunny as hell.

Dammit Scooter Boy, how is one supposed to continue a conversation around here w/out put-downs and insinuations?

Anyways, like automobiles, TV's have mostly eluded me in life and I have never actually seen the show, just heard about it from the kids.

I do own a car now tho, three in fact, if that helps.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by deflave
What's a "real biker?"

[Linked Image]

That guy could be on a 3,000 mile all-weather cross country trek which most of the lardbuckets here in trucks couldn't even begin to emulate.

And at the end of that, when he gets done, ain't nothing to prevent him from climbing into his truck or throwing a leg over his Harley whatever, and heading down to the range.

Just sayin'

That guy could be sitting on a D-Cell powered vibrating butt plug.

Just sayin'

??

So could you.

Speculation, of course.

I mean, look where your avatar says you're from.

So could you.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
This is a case study of the perfect storm of stupidity

1. If the truck driver cut off the motorcyclists - stupid
2. If the motorcyclists were not respectful of others on the highway or got pissed off unnecessarily - stupid
3. Motorcyclists following the driver for 14 miles - stupid
4. The truck driver allowing this to escalate with his family in the cab - stupid
5. Nobody called 911 - stupid (probably because both parties were already in the act of doing something stupid)
6. The truck driver calling his militia to set up a road block - stupid
7. Brother stepping out of the truck with a gun - stupid
8. Big old boy threatening violence - stupid
9. College boys with a pack mentality - stupid
10. Anybody in this group thinking there would not be video - stupid

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don't matter wtf truck guy did. He could have cut them off in traffic, don't matter. You've never been cut off in traffic? Did you follow the dude for 20 minutes screaming obscenities at him, trying to get him to pull over? Phouk no, because you knew you would probably get your ass kicked for acting like an idiot.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...the show isfunny as hell.

Dammit Scooter Boy, how is one supposed to continue a conversation around here w/out put-downs and insinuations?

Anyways, like automobiles, TV's have mostly eluded me in life and I have never actually seen the show, just heard about it from the kids.

I do own a car now tho, three in fact, if that helps.

Good lord Jedidiah, I thought most of y'all lived in Pennsylvania.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Don't matter wtf truck guy did. He could have cut them off in traffic, don't matter. You've never been cut off in traffic? Did you follow the dude for 20 minutes screaming obscenities at him, trying to get him to pull over? Phouk no, because you knew you would probably get your ass kicked for acting like an idiot.

I try to empathize with people when I review an unfortunate event like this. I imagined myself being in Family Man's shoes. If I accidentally cut off some folks on a motorcycle I'd probably feel badly about it. When they pulled up next to me and started screaming at me, I'd apologize. In fact, I have done that very thing. I changed lanes one time without clearing my blind spot and cut off a young man in the process. He came hauling ass up beside me. He was gesticulating wildly and appeared to be screaming. I bumped my forehead into the palm of my hand and lipped "I'm sorry" in an effort to let him know I knew I had made a mistake and regretted it. It seemed to have a disarming effect as he smiled, gave a thumbs up and went on his way.

It is only now that I learned I made a mistake. I should have doubled down. Maybe flipped him off or mouthed F*#k you to him. At any rate, I am seeing now that adamantly declining to deescalate, rounding up the armed posse and beating him down was the correct course of action.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=PaulBarnard
It is only now that I learned I made a mistake. I should have doubled down. Maybe flipped him off or mouthed F*#k you to him. At any rate, I am seeing now that adamantly declining to deescalate, rounding up the armed posse and beating him down was the correct course of action.
[/quote]

Thank God you finally came around.

LOL
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
When the dude jumps out with the shotgun and fires off two rounds? That should be jail time. The driver that attacked the biker? Jail time. BFF (Big Fat Fugger) that opened up the folder knife? Jail time. Yeah the bikers were stupid but those dumb fugg rednecks were extra stupid.

no way in hell should the guy with the shotgun get jail time.

that was an attention getter.
If he shot at them, then yeah.
He never even pointed it at them.

the bike kid got exactly what he was asking for, too.
Now, maybe the redneck gets simple assault, no jail time, but real jail time would be a travesty of justice.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
In this state everybody goes to jail.

Even the crazy beotch, if only for general purpose.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thought, for a second there, he was going to use the Youtube "How to win a fight with a Brutha" strategy..

[Linked Image]

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by deflave
What's a "real biker?"

[Linked Image]

That guy could be on a 3,000 mile all-weather cross country trek which most of the lardbuckets here in trucks couldn't even begin to emulate.

And at the end of that, when he gets done, ain't nothing to prevent him from climbing into his truck or throwing a leg over his Harley whatever, and heading down to the range.

Just sayin'

That guy could be sitting on a D-Cell powered vibrating butt plug.

Just sayin'

LMAO

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
One things for sure, those college kids will think before they act in the future, I hope. Anyone who's ever been involved in situations where guns have been drawn will know what I mean. It's a feeling that isn't soon forgotten.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Things can't be too jolly at the Watkins homestead either just now, what with the mental stress plus the cost of retaining lawyers and all, this even before work time lost giving depositions and appearing in court plus possible hefty fines and even jail time when its all said and done. I expect they would handle this different given a do-over also. Like blow off the whole situation entirely.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Help a guy out here.

WTH was the reason for the beergut guy raising his tshirt in this fracas?

What the hell is a beergut supposed to do in intimidating people?

Montana MOFO
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Biker gang tatto. If you mess with him, you mess with the whole gang.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Help a guy out here.

WTH was the reason for the beergut guy raising his tshirt in this fracas?

What the hell is a beergut supposed to do in intimidating people?

Apparently he has a Hell's Angels tattoo, which if he ain't actually one now this has gone so public he needs to have removed ASAP.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xarcher
This is a case study of the perfect storm of stupidity

1. If the truck driver cut off the motorcyclists - stupid
2. If the motorcyclists were not respectful of others on the highway or got pissed off unnecessarily - stupid
3. Motorcyclists following the driver for 14 miles - stupid
4. The truck driver allowing this to escalate with his family in the cab - stupid
5. Nobody called 911 - stupid (probably because both parties were already in the act of doing something stupid)
6. The truck driver calling his militia to set up a road block - stupid
7. Brother stepping out of the truck with a gun - stupid
8. Big old boy threatening violence - stupid
9. College boys with a pack mentality - stupid
10. Anybody in this group thinking there would not be video - stupid

Whole lotta stupid goin' on 'round heah!

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Me and an old gf were heading west on I94 on the way to visit her family in Montana. We were in the middle of nowhere north dakota when we passed two drunks that were swerving all over the road. The driver could barely keep his head up.

As we passed, the guy swerved and nearly put us in the median so I gave them the bird as I got back in the lane.

I watched in the rear view as the passenger was fumbling around for something under the seat. He got it and hung out the window as they gained on us. I told the gf, get down their going to throw a bottle through the window.

She ducked down and when they got just about along side of us, I hit the brakes and they flew by. What I thought was a bottle was actually a handgun pointed right at my head. A handgun held by an extremely intoxicated individual. This was the days before cell phones and it was 50 + miles to the nearest pay phone.

I learned to be more careful with the bird slinging after that.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Dad told me of a time in the late 60s when a neighbor took his family camping. The neighbor was pulling one of those small single axle campers that was kind of sloped in the back with his station wagon. Apparently the thing would get a little squirrely on him and start swaying. One time is happened and he had a couple of bikers on his six. Dad said the bikers thought the neighbor was doing it on purpose and pulled out a chain then started wailing on the camper with it as they sped up. The bikers quit as soon as they started and the guy never stopped until he got to his campground - the bikers had been gone for quite some time. Seems the chain was embedded in the corner of the trailer...with a finger still attached. True story.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
2. Can both Birdwatcher and P Bernard speculate endlessly based on their vast experience?

So how many miles do you got? Near as I can figure I'm at about 260,000. But its been about 20 years since my riding days, other than a NY trip in 2010.

I bought my 1st motorcycle in 1961 at age 14. It was a 1958 Zundapp ISDT that the previous owner had won the old Catalina Island GP on. I raced my way to a AMA national top 100 plate in the desert on Bultacos, Montessas and Huskys. I rode from Long Beach. Ca. to Key West, Fl. and back in 9 days on a Dunstall Triumph. I was chosen from my police academy to serve undercover on a Federal task force combating biker gangs dealing drugs and guns in Socal.

During this entire period I managed to own both motorcycles and cars.

mike r

To quote The Most Wanted Man On My Island.......

"Answer the f'kn question........."

It's not the miles it's the style birdman. You do appear to be rather invested in this thread, more so than is characteristic.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,008
Posts18,500,123
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.