Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Charlie, That's a cool story. Vengeance without intent is always fun.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Charlie, That's a cool story. Vengeance without intent is always fun.

Yep. That was very cool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not the miles its the style birdman.

Of course, and you Sir have shown yourself to be yet another 'Fire member with an extraordinary resume cool Kinda restores one's faith in the 'Fire.

This thread is right up my street, or was.

Until my mid-thirties I basically lived off of whatever motorcycle I was riding, apartment because I had to, no furniture at all, quite a lot of women. Rode all year round, all kind of weather, over much of the US. I got normal when I moved in with the wife and her young son. Headed back that way now that I'm alone again, but this time around its more likely to be about bicycles and sailboats. Regardless, its gonna take a few years to get unencumbered .

I will say having done both, crossing the Continent on a motorcycle don't even come close to doing the same on a bicycle when it comes to the coolness factor, tho this ain't apparent to the casual spectator, including women which is sad.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
It's not the miles its the style birdman.

Of course, and you Sir have shown yourself to be yet another 'Fire member with an extraordinary resume cool Kinda restores one's faith in the 'Fire.

This thread is right up my street, or was.

Until my mid-thirties I basically lived off of whatever motorcycle I was riding, apartment because I had to, no furniture at all, quite a lot of women. Rode all year round, all kind of weather, over much of the US. I got normal when I moved in with the wife and her young son. Headed back that way now that I'm alone again, but this time around its more likely to be about bicycles and sailboats. Regardless, its gonna take a few years to get unencumbered .

I will say having done both, crossing the Continent on a motorcycle don't even come close to doing the same on a bicycle when it comes to the coolness factor, tho this ain't apparent to the casual spectator, including women which is sad.

When I retire I am going to get on my bicycle and disappear for a while.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have plans for a solar powered rail cart. I'll ride the thousands of miles of abandoned rail lines. Hunt and fish, camp as I go.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

When I retire I am going to get on my bicycle and disappear for a while.

I spent about $1,500 a month during my 70 days on the road, so $24,000 a year plus whatever's you pay for health insurance would cover it easily.

If I were living off a bicycle I'd drift north and south with the seasons.

And if I got tired of living I'd make for Costa Rica.

Costa Rica is fine but to get there ya gotta go across Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. What are the odds?

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 09/21/17.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 16penny, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,983
Posts18,499,770
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.