Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
All the couch commandos must have better judgement than the cop. The teen played a dumb game and got his prize. Unfortunate for everyone involved but I cant say I wouldn't have done the same thing in the officer's case. Impossible to determine what he had in his hands in that split second that could have been life or death for the cop.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Interesting.

(Not really)

I'm going hunting.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gotta hand it to the kid, he took that lead like a champ!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm going with "don't fight someone with a badge and a gun".

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

COMPLY!!!!! you goofy dopey mother-fu-kers!

What's so hard about establishing general order so a man can do the job the damn city hired him to do?

Trump Won!
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
... Impossible to determine what he had in his hands in that split second that could have been life or death for the cop.

This ^^^^^ The officer had less than one second to size up the situation, assess the threat, and then decide who was going to go home at the end of the day... No instant replay. No alternate camera angle. Adrenalin out thru the roof... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Attempting to get an officers gun is a deadly force incident. Extended fighting, dumping adrenalin while someone is grabbing at your duty belt is exhausting and degrades survivability. The assailant could be on drugs which likely increases their stamina. As in the Michael Brown case, attempting to acquire a police officers gun should send you to the closest morgue.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 09/23/17.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester
[bleep] hero cop, that kid got smoked for being a kid.
I hope that roided cop gets prison time. Don't ya think a taser
Or a asp might have put that punk in line?
But no. He had to use a [bleep] gun. Probably had a glock

That cop should be charged.

And Im not a cop hater. I hated playing cop for duty
On base.

I'm not a cop basher.

That Kid got murderd.

That way he would be able to get back on the street and maybe kill the next one. That's a great idea.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500

COMPLY!!!!! you goofy dopey mother-fu-kers!

What's so hard about establishing general order so a man can do the job the damn city hired him to do?

Bottom line...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn good shooting. (Justified) that blade is quite easy to see, even on a phone screen. Looks like a straight razor. I do not know what lead to this point, but the video above by fttb, clearly shows a life or death struggle to keep control of the weapons. The number of shots could be questioned, but not the need for them.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm a firm believer that of you're attacked by a stranger you should assume you're fighting for your life and act accordingly whether your attacker has a weapon or not. Without not knowing what started this confrontation it appears this isn't a good shooting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
I'm a firm believer that of you're attacked by a stranger you should assume you're fighting for your life and act accordingly whether your attacker has a weapon or not. Without not knowing what started this confrontation it appears this isn't a good shooting.

Did you use a double negative on purpose? I'm not following what you are trying to say.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by victoro

Did you use a double negative on purpose? I'm not following what you are trying to say.

+1
"Without not knowing?"

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm going with "don't fight someone with a badge and a gun".

When all is said and done .... I think that is "the moral of the story."

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There is no justifiable law that gives anyone the right to shoot anyone else who is posing no threat. Seven times....sad. The cop will not likely be charged. They are given ridiculous leeway to shoot people today. If more people shot back, things might change.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Looks pretty bad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
There is no justifiable law that gives anyone the right to shoot anyone else who is posing no threat. Seven times....sad. The cop will not likely be charged. They are given ridiculous leeway to shoot people today. If more people shot back, things might change.

Now, if only that actually happened....
The dead guy is/was clearly armed, and dangerous.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Now, if only that actually happened....
The dead guy is/was clearly armed, and dangerous.

So you were there, and saw the whole incident, eh? You are asserting things that are also indefensible, given your ignorance. Did I? Maybe you should read my post again.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Another dead welfare breeder ----- who cares ?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No weapon of any sort in possession of the victim here. Cop didn't seem to be in imminent danger at the time of the shooting, and doesn't claim he mistook the object in hand to be a weapon.

Not 100% parallel to a citizen shooting, since a citizen doesn't have the duty to arrest criminals as police officers do, but I think the only possible justification might (depending on the circumstances) be the "fleeing felon rule." That would require that the cop reasonably believed the fleeing felon constituted an ongoing threat to the population at large, should he escape. So if he was reasonably convinced this guy was, for example, the serial killer that they'd been looking for, and he believed he wasn't going to be able to prevent his escape from custody by non-lethal means, it would be a justified shooting IMO, but that's unlikely the case here. It doesn't look good. No imminent threat to the officer when he shot the victim, so bad shoot absent fleeing felon justification.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.