-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For the large group of people who have purchased the Frankenstud Slingamarig Stud Sling Keeper from me I wanted to post a heartfelt public thank you.

It has caught on better then I ever could have imagined.

I have recieved good feedback from some owners.

Our own 24 member, outdoor writer "Mule Deer" John Barsness has tested the Frankenstud and his review is to run in December's Rifle Looney magazine as well as some other publications as he can fit it in.....he really likes it !!

If you own one please share a story and maybe some pictures from this fall/winters hunting trips.

Thank you everyone

Like the Frankenstud on Facebook

Ted Thornburgh Sr

Cheese......and go Cardnals !!

[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guys and Gals....

Another note.....

I think a premium made in the USA product such as my Frankenstud should be accompanied by a simple, iron clad guarantee.

If your Frankenstud Sling Stud breaks....

I will replace it....free of charge......that simple

Thank you for your continued support

Like the Frankenstud on Facebook

Ted Thornburgh Sr
Thin Air Creations
Poplar Bluff MO

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine is installed on a Kifaru Reckoning. Looking forward to trying it. I installed mine above the collar bone as I have very messed up collarbones and didn't want anything rubbing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I installed mine this morning. haven't field tested it yet, but it works great in the kitchen. it weighs practically nothing. very nice build.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prm
Mine is installed on a Kifaru Reckoning. Looking forward to trying it. I installed mine above the collar bone as I have very messed up collarbones and didn't want anything rubbing.

Installed in the position you described your Frankenstud will perform flawlessly.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
amazing something this awesome came from poplar bluff.

go birds

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The idea for the Frankenstud was hashed out between me and my hunting buddies in the high mountains of Colorado.

We wanted a way to eliminate the worry of having a rifle come off your shoulder in rough terrain and still keep it easily accessible.

Combine this with muzzle "UP" carry.

5 prototypes and 2 years of testing in over a dozen hunters hands and we feel we have arrived upon the perfect compromise of ultralight simplicity while leaving your favorite sling on your rifle.

The Frankenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud Sling Keeper

Long name.......simple, ultralight but rock solid.

All this with a simple, forever replacement guarantee

If your Frankenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud Sling Keeper ever breaks I will relace it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hey Ted..... Will they work on a bino harness for when ya dump the pack?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hunt,

I can't really say. I know it wont work on the two types that I have.

Might work on a chest pack but the sternum strap on a backpack is the key to the stud holding left to right.

I don't think bino packs and chest packs have the sternum clip but to be honest I havn't tested it on one.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
OK. Thanks...

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Interested. Where can I find more info?

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by taz4570
Interested. Where can I find more info?

Born in the Rocky Mountains the Frankenstud Sling Keeper is a brain child of myself and some good friends that frequent the steep mountains of Colorado.

We knew there had to be a better way to carry a rifle and have it available and not strapped to the pack but rather slung over the shoulder with no worries of it falling or slipping off.

Two years and 5 prototypes later our team feels that we've created a nearly perfect way to securely hold a slung rifle on your shoulder.

The Patent Pending made in the USA Frankenstud is a backpack accessory for the rifle hunter and will prevent your rifle from slipping or falling off your shoulder while keeping it ready and at your finger tips for instant use.

Made of CNC lathe turned 6061 aluminum and held in place with a single stainless steel screw tipping the scale at less then one ounce the Frankenstud is lightweight but nearly indestructible and has my simple but iron clad guarantee.

If you ever break your Frankenstud I will replace it free of charge.....it's just that simple

Available in 3 colors

[Linked Image]

Bead blasted gray "raw" aluminum......$40

Powdercoated Tan and Olive................$45

Wholesale pricing for orders of 10 or more......PM for price

I accept check, money order and Paypal

Paypal order will require an additional fee of $1.65 per unit

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thank you for taking the time to look at my product

Ted Thornburgh Sr
Thin Air Creations

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by rockchucker
amazing something this awesome came from poplar bluff.

go birds

I got quite the chuckle out of this as I worked one summer for the MDC (1998) when they were making Coon Island CA and Otter Slough CA into duck parks. Stayed in the 'Bluff. Ate at a small diner in Qulin a lot. Not to mention a very good friend is from the 'Bluff. But I shouldn't say much as I was raised in Boonville. grin

Ted, glad this is going well for you and also hope you've made a full recovery from your surgery. What's it been, 10-11 months now?

He went over yonder way
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just over 10 months since my surgery.....still not 100% probably never will be but I'm alive and doing fine.

Thanks for asking

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ted, I gave the latest gen Frankenstud a good workout over the last two days. It's absolutely superb, and a genuine improvement over the protoype I used last year.

You were wise to go slow with multiple prototypes tested before releasing this final version... you've got this one dialed!

BIG RECOMMENDATION BUMP

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Cool idea, I will make one for myself.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I put work in CO and it worked perfectly!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Very happy with stud after 5 days afield in MT. Worked well.

Only thing I screwed up and would recommend to others, put a bunch of weight in your pack before you figure out where to mount it. I didn't do that and it ended up kinda high on my shoulder strap and it fought my pack position when I had real weight (Elk quarters) in my pack.

Not a fault of the product, a fault of the end user. Just giving those out there a heads up on that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 52 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,479,011
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.