Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Thank you to all the real men on this thread for showing me that there are lots of members that do understand the difference between off color jokes that are good natured & funny, and mean-spirited racial slurs that simply aren't.

I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, and I'm willing to figure "boys will be boys" within reason. But the TKD thread has gotten really ugly and it makes me sad. (I wasn't going to say anything because the offending parties would just say little girl go home & not change anyway.) I hope my half Asian children don't have the misfortune to run into those members that said & displayed such aweful things. I had hoped such attitudes were becoming things of the past. Considering how it looks like it is being passed on to the next generation, I guess not. Nosing around the site had been really fun for me. It's not as fun anymore now that I realize some members might hate my family because of who we are, even though we hunt, shoot, vote Republican, and are Americans.

If name calling has to be resorted to for some reason, it's unfortunate it can't be confined to the real subject, and not spiral into a racist free for all.

All I know is whatever the color is on the outside, tears of all mothers are the same color.

Anyway, thanks to the classy guys here that are restoring my respect for the group. I don't want to bring the battle here- just wanted to say thank you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Perhaps I missed something in my life experience that others here did not.

But I enjoy humor whenever and wherever I encounter it.

I find that if they are done well, jokes about black people, white people, yellow people, red people et al, are funny because they ARE JOKES!!!

Ask yourself this:

Why do you feel uncomfortable when someone tells you or you read a joke about "colored people" (i.e. black, white, red, brown, etc.).

Do you feel this way because someone told you that you should?

Do you feel this way because you feel that someone is actually being harmed or that you were told that someone is being harmed?

Just what the heck is going on here?

Where do we draw the line?

If we can't joke about "colored people" isn't it being hypocritical to joke about anyone else?

Those "white folks" here who object to this type of humor (including the TaeKwonDo thread) should really take a hard look at themselves and try to understand why they feel so repulsed by it.

Do you feel guilty or something?

For those so afflicted, I suggest you sit down by yourself and watch some of Richard Pryor, Chris Rock's or Margaret Cho's standup comedy.

I'm sure it won't help everyone here, but some just might gain a better understanding of the often hysterical humor associated with so called "racial jokes" and actually be cured from whatever "overly sensitive anti-colored people joke malady" that afflicts them.

Just my opinion.....................thas all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life, he spit between his boots and he replied:

"it's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money"

Dan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This one may or not be racist. I don't know and don't care.

But what went on in the TKD thread was not humorous. It was malicious. Intentionally crafted to cause pain to others and nothing else. And obviously, judging from Mrs_Varminter's response here it did exactly that. Even though she was not the intended target.

Now I'm begging you, really begging you. Please let this thing drop down and disappear. We have done enough damage already. You know our opinion and we know yours. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can be gained by pursuing this any further.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This is what I'm talkin' bout.

If you can't laugh at this regardless of who you are, I can only say "I'm sorry for you".

Taken from "The Mexican" thread right here on the Campfire:

We pick on everybody..

Subject: Currency Exchange

I had a bunch of Canadian dollars I needed to exchange so I went to the currency exchange window at the
local bank. Short line. Just one guy in front of me...

The guy in front of me was an Asian guy who was trying to
exchange yen for dollars and he was a little irritated....

He asked the teller,

"Why it change?? Yestoday, I get two hunat dolla fo yen
today I get hundat eighty?? Why it change?"

The teller says "Fluctuations."

The Asian guy says,

"Fluc you white people too"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life, he spit between his boots and he replied:

"it's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money"

Dan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stupid joke.

Pathetic topic.

Opportunistic timing.

Thread closed.

Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,928
Posts18,498,623
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.