Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don't see what options the cop had. That guy wasn't going to stop his attack on the cop and the cop was left with a taser that didn't do what he needed it to do or his firearm. A guy determined to take my firearm from me is likely to get perforated.

Mental illness is very often fatal, usually as a direct result of the actions of the mentally ill persons' actions.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by funshooter
The Police Officer needs a larger caliber handgun.

Seven point blank shots and the perp is still on his feet.

The perp should have been down to the ground on the first shot.

Originally Posted by bowfisher
I don't care what was in the perp's hand,( or what the LEOP thought he saw) you walk down a LEO and try to beat his a$$, after he's given you ionstructions to cease and desist, you're asking to get shot. Plain and simple.
Now we can go back see if this all stems from if his mom hugged him enough, if it's because he didn't get to be Spiderman on that one Halloween, or wtf his mental problems are and, chat like a bunch of magpies, bottom line says actions have consequences. And this morons actions reaped fatal consequences. End of story.

Only question I have is do CA LEOs carry nightsticks anymore? Or did they take those away after the Rodney King deal...I think a good skull cracking would have been in order before wasting taxpayer money on bullets..

I think you should study what constitutes legal use of a baton

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I think they took CA cop's nightsticks away after Rodney King...

Not from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept. I think now a lot of LASD Deputies carry the ASP, but the PR24 baton is still authorized.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Better view of shooting

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this video has been posted.... Good Shoot IMO.

"If the American flag was a rifle cartridge, it would be a .30-'06"

"The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition" Robert Ruark...
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Have you ever hunted big game?

A165 gr ballistic tip at 2600 fps impact velocity from a 30-06, perfectly placed into heart/lungs will not reliably knock even a small deer down. From 70 lb yearling doe to 200 lb mature bucks, I have never seen a deer DRT except from CNS shots. Sure they die, after they bolt 50 to 100 yds.

If a 70 lb deer can run 50 yds after being hit in the heart with a frangible bullet from a high velocity rifle, think about how much damage a determined, doped up human (possibly with a weapon) could inflict before he finally falls over.

There is a good reason to just keep pulling the trigger until the threat is positively eliminated.

"Two to the chest, one to the head, two to the chest, one to the head, two to the chest, one to the head..............."

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Have you ever hunted big game?

"

Spot on.

Lots of stupid/ignorance on this thread.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 99Lover
Better view of shooting

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this video has been posted.... Good Shoot IMO.

I hadn't seen this one. Thanks for posting.

I think the most disturbing thing about these videos, is somebody taking the video.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
But,but,but in the movies people get blown off their feet nd through walls when they get shot with 9mms

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Better view of shooting

I think the most disturbing thing about these videos, is somebody taking the video.

Dave

Big +1 there Dave

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If he'd whipped out a 12 Guage and unloaded with 00 buck it'd been more visually impressive.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Better view of shooting

Dave

It was me I was like oh I can't wait to send this to deflave the realized I lost your email address

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LMAO.

"Hey bro. Stopped for a Big Gulp and some Swisher Sweets. Look at this schit."

Dave

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another better view of Officer shooting attacker

Another video of the event.

At about :24 seconds the officer tells the perp to "let go of my gun" twice. The perp is trying to get the Officers gun.

At about :43 seconds you can hear the video taker or someone next to them say "what's he got in his hand". So while that person is watching this unfold in front of them they don't know what the perp is holding in his hand, so you can bet the Officer in the struggle doesn't know either. Good Shoot IMO.

"If the American flag was a rifle cartridge, it would be a .30-'06"

"The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition" Robert Ruark...
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The video is racist!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The video is racist!

Every time you post, I see your avatar from the corner of my eye, and this is what my mind makes of it till I look directly at it.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Another better view of Officer shooting attacker

Another video of the event.

At about :24 seconds the officer tells the perp to "let go of my gun" twice. The perp is trying to get the Officers gun.

At about :43 seconds you can hear the video taker or someone next to them say "what's he got in his hand". So while that person is watching this unfold in front of them they don't know what the perp is holding in his hand, so you can bet the Officer in the struggle doesn't know either. Good Shoot IMO.

Thanks for posting those.

Dave

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm not an expert in such things. But watching both videos and putting myself in the officer's shoes, I would have done the same thing. The perp is aggressive from the start, advancing on the officer and not complying. Even taking a swing. Officer tries taser to no affect. Officer looks to be getting the upper hand when perp reaches for and gets something off duty belt - no idea what. Perp gets back up in fighting mode and officer engages - all the while giving orders to comply. Perp goes down and then drops whatever he has in his hand. He lifted his head again off the pavement until the officer obscures the view.

Wonder what would've happened if one or both of the videographers would have come to the officer's aid?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There's not a district, department, or agency in this country that would deem this scenario a bad shoot.

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Wonder what would've happened if one or both of the videographers would have come to the officer's aid?

thats the most insightful comment of this thread.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
The perp is aggressive from the start, advancing on the officer and not complying. Even taking a swing. Officer tries taser to no affect.

To be fair, you've got that backwards. The officer tased him to no effect, resulting in the suspect moving aggressively towards the officer and taking a swing. Then the fight was on. We don't know what the circumstances were that made the officer conclude that a taser was the appropriate response, as that's not in the video. The video starts with the taser barbs already in the suspect.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (358WCF, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 29aholic, 11 invisible), 1,349 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,207
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.