Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I turned off the kNeelers Football League yesterday. I was thinking if they'd address this anthem situation I'd come back. Then I got to thinking even if the NFL somehow forces the players to stand for the anthem, would I go back to watching games knowing that some of the players are only standing because they'll be fined/fired/whatever if they don't get off their asses?

Honestly, I don't know if I want to go back knowing they're only standing because they're essentially forced to do so.

I think the contracts should say "You will stand for the national anthem or you will not play that day and you will be fined $100,000." It's like Marshawn Lynch and getting fined $50k for not attending press conferences and speaking. He showed up and he "talked."

I think the NFL will keep doubling down on stupid for another 1-2 months until they're really taking it in the shorts in terms of revenue. Then they'll come up with a policy that players will stand for the anthem or they'll hit the players financially. I'm not sure I'll come back even once they fix this because it will ONLY be fixed for financial reasons. We'll see.

And yes, we needed another thread on it.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think they'll change the rules to no longer require the national anthem at games and end up with some queer pregame rap song that makes the blacks happy. thats the point of this all. just make the blacks happy.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They will stop playing the anthem and think they have solved the problem.
What we've seen lately is not the problem, but only one of the signs.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I haven’t watched a MLB game since the player strike and haven’t missed it all. The NFL is dead to me and I imagine the NBA is next.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Vikings were about the only pro team I watched if I had time. After this weekend, I'll be saving more electricity! Most everything is on cable or dish of which I have never spent a dime.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rem141r
i think they'll change the rules to no longer require the national anthem at games and end up with some queer pregame rap song that makes the blacks happy. thats the point of this all. just make the blacks happy.

Originally Posted by Tracks
They will stop playing t the anthem and think they have solved the problem.
What we've seen lately is not the problem, but only one of the signs.

I think you guys are right. When that happens, I think they'll lose more fans.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You watch NBA games? How?

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't see the opening of the Packers game this weekend, but in the past, the Packers have had no part of this kneeling to disrespect the flag/anthem crap.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ducks, chuckar, geese, quail, and chuckar (devil birds deserve this twice) will all be catching hll this season on Sundays.

I'll watch some college football on some Saturdays, but not any games with "sure NFL prospects" showcased.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MarkFed
You watch NBA games? How?

Playoffs have pretty much been it since the Stockton/Malone era, but that'll be coming to an end too.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).

Uh, hello Mr. Retroactive. Maybe you can retroactively tell me where someone said players can be legally forced to stand for the anthem?

You can't, because no one said anything about "legally." The NFL can have the contracts written so that the players essentially MUST stand or face hefty fines or firing or benching. I guess you could argue that would be a "legal" method to force their asses off the bench but there's no law anywhere that says anyone has to stand for the anthem... retroactive or otherwise.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Lets see what, if anything happens to ratings next week.

That will be the tell.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sure they can be required to stand, just as they are required to piss in a cup. The NFL tells them what they can and can't put into their bodies, the damn sure can tell them to stand.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A guy like Jerry Jones, if he really got pissed, could sit the whole team on the bench and forfit a game or two, enough to be sure to miss the playoffs and cost the fools a lot of playoff money. Jerry could afford the loss, could the team?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The ducks, chuckar, geese, quail, and chuckar (devil birds deserve this twice) will all be catching hll this season on Sundays.

I'll watch some college football on some Saturdays, but not any games with "sure NFL prospects" showcased.

Let me know when you need a pard...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
They dont get the connection. It is about respect for our flag and national anthem not about equal rights or color of skin. As far as I am concerned they can take their multi millions and leave the US. This is much the same as the flag burning of years ago.

If I lived in a city that had a team I would be mad as hell about the tax $$$ that were flowing into these teams.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just shut off the Cowboy /Cards game .even ole Jerry took a knee. Bye,bye NFL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Just shut off the Cowboy /Cards game .even ole Jerry took a knee. Bye,bye NFL

Not during the Anthem they didn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
A guy like Jerry Jones, if he really got pissed, could sit the whole team on the bench and forfit a game or two, enough to be sure to miss the playoffs and cost the fools a lot of playoff money. Jerry could afford the loss, could the team?

Ah. It wasn't during the anthem,
quite,
but right before.

I just saw Jones making a big show of taking a knee

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.