Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rlott
$86 bucks for a [bleep] seat, $8 bucks for a [bleep] beer and $5 bucks for a [bleep] hot dog. And don’t forget parking - $50 bucks for a [bleep] spot that takes an hour to get out of thanks to [bleep] traffic control.

Yep, nobody ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the average American.

Sounds like a bargain. Lunch for my wife, grandson and I was $74 at a Braves game. Beer is $9.50 and a hot dog with fries is 16. The tickets were $200. You are getting off cheap. Of course, we have a fancy new stadium but a mediocre team.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Democrats dont care about that.

Hollywood has done the same thing.

Things wont be the same; after its over, what you want to go back to you wont even recognize....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you get weak, remember two American teams knelt for our anthem and stood for "God save the Queen".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
My wife loves it. I mowed the yard, stacked some firewood, pretended to clean the garage, took the girls to the store, and loaded some 45-70.

Life is good.

God Bless America.

Yeah. Same here.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
FYI

Who are the “official sponsors” of the NFL?

This season, it’s: Anheuser-Busch InBev; Barclays; Bose; Bridgestone; Campbell’s; Castrol; Dannon; DMI; EA Sports; Extreme Networks; FedEx; Ford; Frito-Lay (PepsiCo-owned); Gatorade (PepsiCo-owned); Hyundai; Intel; Marriott; Mars; McDonald’s; Microsoft; Nationwide; New Era; News America; Nike; Papa John’s; PepsiCo; Procter & Gamble; Quaker; Sirius XM; Ticketmaster; Under Armour; USAA; Verizon; Visa; and Zebra.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't say that I have ever watched even a portion of a game since I was like; 12. I simply can't get into sports.

A bunch of dudes chasing a ball around, thinking they're hot chit because of it.

No thanks. I'll stick to drinking beer, killing things and checking out the sluts on the VBTE.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
NFL can KMA and SMD.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm with you Inman.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every Cowboy that knelt tonight should be fired, and every SOB that knelt yesterday should be too.
That isn't my call but, I don't have to watch them anymore this year

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
People are mostly sheep and won't give up there nfl Sunday beer drinking session.. People in general have no principals to stad for anymore..no nfl for me....I have better things to do...

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Since I've not watched a football game in about 20 years,I don't much care what they do, and don't think I'll do anything different.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).

Uh, hello Mr. Retroactive. Maybe you can retroactively tell me where someone said players can be legally forced to stand for the anthem?

You can't, because no one said anything about "legally." The NFL can have the contracts written so that the players essentially MUST stand or face hefty fines or firing or benching. I guess you could argue that would be a "legal" method to force their asses off the bench but there's no law anywhere that says anyone has to stand for the anthem... retroactive or otherwise.

Fish,
Someday when you grow up maybe you'll learn to be civil, instead you're a lonely bitter azzhole reaching out for attention with your self righteous know-it all babble....your childish preaching, and reading the riot act constantly is monotonous at best....you need punched in the face, a long time ago.

Blow me Baldy

Awww. I'm glad you now know what the word "retroactive" means now. So sweet. For you.

I'm even more glad you can't point to anyone who mentioned "legally" until you did. I always appreciate an attorney-turned-real-estate-agent's advice. No, seriously. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
People are mostly sheep and won't give up there nfl Sunday beer drinking session.. People in general have no principals to stad for anymore..no nfl for me....I have better things to do...

I've had many better reasons to drink on a Sunday than some foosball game.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The ducks, chuckar, geese, quail, and chuckar (devil birds deserve this twice) will all be catching hll this season on Sundays.

I'll watch some college football on some Saturdays, but not any games with "sure NFL prospects" showcased.

Let me know when you need a pard...

Any day. I'm a free man, no job or bosses.

The NFL will probably drop the anthem and have some neeeegraazzz sing "America" instead or maybe "God Bless America". Since they're not The Anthem, it will be OK to kneel, squat, stand on your head, whatever.

Meantime college football will thrive, until those numbskulls who were recruited for on-field ability and not for any potential scholastic prowess start to kneel. It's coming to colleges near you. Mark my words.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
League rules (not game rules) require the anthem to be played before every game, and the teams to stand for it. If the NFL chooses not to enforce the rule, then the players and team organizations are off the hook. Looks like that's what's happening.

Was happy to see the Steeler's QB speak out on how he regretted the decision to stay in the tunnel. Hope more follow suit.

I think Rush is right; the NFL as we knew it is done.

What fresh Hell is this?
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The NFL could tell the players they have to stand for the anthem. The NBA has a national anthem policy....stand or don't play. The 1st amendment protects you from the government not employers or other institutions.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Some good stuff, folks burning jerseys etc
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-25/anthem-protest

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).

Uh, hello Mr. Retroactive. Maybe you can retroactively tell me where someone said players can be legally forced to stand for the anthem?

You can't, because no one said anything about "legally." The NFL can have the contracts written so that the players essentially MUST stand or face hefty fines or firing or benching. I guess you could argue that would be a "legal" method to force their asses off the bench but there's no law anywhere that says anyone has to stand for the anthem... retroactive or otherwise.

Fish,
Someday when you grow up maybe you'll learn to be civil, instead you're a lonely bitter azzhole reaching out for attention with your self righteous know-it all babble....your childish preaching, and reading the riot act constantly is monotonous at best....you need punched in the face, a long time ago.

Blow me Baldy

Awww. I'm glad you now know what the word "retroactive" means now. So sweet. For you.

I'm even more glad you can't point to anyone who mentioned "legally" until you did. I always appreciate an attorney-turned-real-estate-agent's advice. No, seriously. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Sounds like I hurt your little pussy, sorry biitch...it's hard being an idiot, you don't even have to work at it.

Get a real job and contribute something useful to society, other than your stupid condescending comments....don't stay a loser your whole life.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Pat85
If I need to watch some football I will watch a high school game on Fridays.

Yep....my wife and I attend our local high school team every Friday night. The will earn the right to play for the Maryland State championship again this year.

Doc

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm on the leading edge of societal evolution as it relates to the nfl, I've been avoiding it for the past 65 years.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.