Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
I could tolerate a couple handfuls, but this is the whole league defying our country and our president and nothing else.

Dave
In full cooperation with the media.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I wonder what the ratings were last night? Dallas is always a big MNF draw.

Edit: Looks like last nights ratings were quite high. Maybe folks tuning in to see if the Cowboys would bend the knee or stand at attention?

I think this Sunday and Monday had a lot of people tuning in for just that reason. To see what their teams were doing.

I love football but shut it down after the Baltimore and Jaguars stunt. I could tolerate a couple handfuls, but this is the whole league defying our country and our president and nothing else.

Dave

That is the way I see it too. We now know from the top down it is condoned.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've no idea what the nfl will do and really DGAF, but know exactly what I am doing.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).

Uh, hello Mr. Retroactive. Maybe you can retroactively tell me where someone said players can be legally forced to stand for the anthem?

You can't, because no one said anything about "legally." The NFL can have the contracts written so that the players essentially MUST stand or face hefty fines or firing or benching. I guess you could argue that would be a "legal" method to force their asses off the bench but there's no law anywhere that says anyone has to stand for the anthem... retroactive or otherwise.

Fish,
Someday when you grow up maybe you'll learn to be civil, instead you're a lonely bitter azzhole reaching out for attention with your self righteous know-it all babble....your childish preaching, and reading the riot act constantly is monotonous at best....you need punched in the face, a long time ago.

Blow me Baldy

Awww. I'm glad you now know what the word "retroactive" means now. So sweet. For you.

I'm even more glad you can't point to anyone who mentioned "legally" until you did. I always appreciate an attorney-turned-real-estate-agent's advice. No, seriously. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Sounds like I hurt your little pussy, sorry biitch...it's hard being an idiot, you don't even have to work at it.

Get a real job and contribute something useful to society, other than your stupid condescending comments....don't stay a loser your whole life.

Is that retroactive? Is it even legally retroactive?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hanco
Quit having the anthem, don't give them the opportunity to belittle our country.

That would be the end game of the left.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
So if you take some kids from a failed culture, send them to college when they aren't college material, and
then give them millions to play a game...........that's the path to enlightenment?

The epitome of racism.

Just think how many cities will burn when they figure out they've been played by liberals and the media, did more to further enslave their people.

Eh.............they won't do [bleep] 'cept cry and claim to be super victims.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Didn't it take MLB 10 yrs to recover from the strike?
If NFL owners demanded some decent behavior from their players they'd risk maybe even more loss.
I'm not saying nationalism is a good thing..........but being a friggin coont sure isn't.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well, the NFL has wanted to get established in Europe for quite awhile now.

They can bring their current teams and disrespect across the pond where there are even more flaming liberals than here. Then maybe they won't feel so "oppressed" ~sarcasm font~

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't watched a sporting event on TV in 25+ years. Couldn't tell you the names of the teams, nor the players, let alone who da fuuck is in the Superbowl year to year. Guys arguing with one another at work and playing their "fantasy leagues" always amused me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have a small life is the NFL thugs lead you around by the dich.
So if you are looking for someway of rationalizing drooling over thugs insulting you and your country, then you may as well move to San Fran and get the HIV. Getting it up the chute is your hobby.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I haven't watched a sporting event on TV in 25+ years. Couldn't tell you the names of the teams, nor the players, let alone who da fuuck is in the Superbowl year to year. Guys arguing with one another at work and playing their "fantasy leagues" always amused me.

Fantasy leagues of pretty clearly homo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a question for y'all: What happens when the US Army weighs in. As I remember last year, most of this Kapernick hooey was settled out before November came around and the NFL took off its pussy pink and started wearing camo in support of our miltary. That's because the US Army, one of the NFL's biggest partners, stepped in and put the kibosh on things. I can't wait for the Army to give their opinion on this.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Just found out the NFL does require the players to be out on the field and stand during the National Anthem or get fined. They are breaking their rules and Goodell is allowing it.

Where did you find this out?

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Dess
FYI

Who are the “official sponsors” of the NFL?

This season, it’s: Anheuser-Busch InBev; Barclays; Bose; Bridgestone; Campbell’s; Castrol; Dannon; DMI; EA Sports; Extreme Networks; FedEx; Ford; Frito-Lay (PepsiCo-owned); Gatorade (PepsiCo-owned); Hyundai; Intel; Marriott; Mars; McDonald’s; Microsoft; Nationwide; New Era; News America; Nike; Papa John’s; PepsiCo; Procter & Gamble; Quaker; Sirius XM; Ticketmaster; Under Armour; USAA; Verizon; Visa; and Zebra.

Thank you for posting, I will add these to my boycott list (most were probably there already)

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Pepsico appears to be the biggest[overall] sponsor.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Bagged all my Seahawks tshirts, hats, and hoodies up, taking them to work to a guy with 4 teenage boys.... I'll find plenty to do with my free time on Sundays .....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't the people of Green Bay ,Wisconsin ,own the Packers? Well if thats true, then these idiots work for you the owners,and you have the right to set the work place rules and release the ones that don't follow the rules

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't read the whole thread. I think I can understand what the kneelers feel.
They feel like they are forced to pay tribute to something that doesn't always want to include them.

When I observe the national anthem before an event I regard it as taking a moment to give thanks for the circumstances and sacrifices that allow us to enjoy this event.
It is a little bit like saying grace before a meal only (to me anyway) it is just being grateful for a free country.

I get that people of color might feel like this is forced on them. It is not forced on them by the government though. This isn't a kingdom.
It 'could' be forced on them by their employers if they chose. Employers can dictate work conditions more restrictive local/state/federal laws. Kneeling is bad for business no doubt.
For me personally, on every one of my business correspondences I am forced to add a signature line with a logo, slogan, message, of a politician that I did not support and whom I feel has done a lot of damage. My employer has the right to impose that on me. I can't add another signature line that says something like 'the actions of the local administration do not reflect my personal beliefs'.

I really don't get turning Kapernick into some sort of social rights icon.

I REALLY don't get the idea of kneeling. To me kneeling looks more submissive, and subservient, than any other gesture they could do. Standing is a strong, proud, independent, posture. Sitting is just abstaining from it all. Kneeling shows subordination.

I really don't get why Trump weighs into this. Trump had a golden opportunity to show that race relations had improved since he took office. Days of the Obama street riots were over. This protest pre-dated Trump's tenure anyhow. It was like deliberately stepping into dog crap (similar to the N. Korea pi$$ing contest).

If this looks embarrassing now, imagine this happening at the world cup or the olympics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I made my kid throw away his Seahawks cap and jersey. I didn't like professional sports before this BS started and I really despise it now. If they can't appreciate this country with the status and money it has provided for them I wish they would find a better country and move there immediately. They could easily afford it with the millions they get. By the way, if the president doesn't defend our flag who will.

Last edited by 222ND; 09/26/17. Reason: .....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Didn't read the whole thread. I think I can understand what the kneelers feel.
They feel like they are forced to pay tribute to something that doesn't always want to include them. - - - -

Well, maybe they do feel that way - that's understandable - but so what? Feelings are simply that and hardly justification for radical action.

If they don't want to pay tribute, that can be fine - they can simply stand there and think their non-tribute thoughts. Instead, the making of an overt demonstration is their choice. This cuts all ways - there are times when I feel that the government is forcing me to do things I would rather not - and spending tax dollars/running programs and doing other things that exclude me. Do you not feel that way sometimes? Would that be a valid reason for me - or you - to dishonor our flag and anthem.

Understanding is one thing - supporting disrespect is another.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,298
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.