Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PJGunner
A while back I got a deal on 5 boxes of (GASP!) Herter's brass in 7x57. Says, "Made in Sweden." on the boxes. Norma??? Did a fairly thorough search to see if there were any other ammo/brass makers in Sweden with no luck. Stuff does look good though. Anybody have an idea who might have made them?
Paul B.

Probably Norma. Herters hasn't sold brass for many many years. I'm not of the opinion that age bothers brass.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thx Butch for the tip, I'll check it out. You heard anything about Jason having another Fun Shoot this Winter? I was by there couple months ago to pick up some Swede ammo he offered me gratis , that he'd found when he cleaned out his Dad's stash...PMC swede in 150gr'ers has to be 30-40 years old...but like I told him, it'll do for barrel breakin's on the T3 SL I got from Whittakers.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is good brass. I believe it is Norma made brass, as Nosler's brass has heretofore been Norma and branded Nosler.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl.../nosler-7x57-mauser-brass-blem-50ct.html

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought 3 bags from Cabelas a few weeks ago.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was looking at a few spots this week...

Picked up some Rem at Cabelas in Eugene...

then say as was noted by Mule Deer/Barsness....

Sportsmans Has Hornady's brass... which like to list it as 275 Rigby instead of 7 x 57....

but its a standardly stocked item at Sportsman's here in Oregon...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you want to try what is arguably the best brass available try some RWS. https://www.huntingtons.com/store/product.php?productid=20516&cat=275&page=2

Expensive but I can usually get at least a dozen loads out of the cases and sometimes more sometimes a lot more depending on load, chamber and loading procedures.
With most others I chuck them after six or eight loadings or whenever I get a split neck, expanded primer pocket or brass flow.

I have heard of target shooters using the same cases for an entire season. Load count must be up to around fifty or so. The tight chambers, dies and neck annealing are responsible for these really high reload numbers.

But on a cost per loading basis it will beat anything but surplus brass or once fired.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tejano
If you want to try what is arguably the best brass available try some RWS. https://www.huntingtons.com/store/product.php?productid=20516&cat=275&page=2

Expensive but I can usually get at least a dozen loads out of the cases and sometimes more sometimes a lot more depending on load, chamber and loading procedures.
With most others I chuck them after six or eight loadings or whenever I get a split neck, expanded primer pocket or brass flow.

I have heard of target shooters using the same cases for an entire season. Load count must be up to around fifty or so. The tight chambers, dies and neck annealing are responsible for these really high reload numbers.

But on a cost per loading basis it will beat anything but surplus brass or once fired.

RWS is great brass.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 63 invisible), 3,068 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,674
Posts18,534,209
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.