Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...te-be-decided-tonight-trump-says-n806051

WASHINGTON — Tom Price has resigned as President Donald Trump's Health and Human Services Secretary, the White House said Friday.

Price's resignation follows days of public outcry over multiple reports of Price's private jet travel for government business.

Trump alluded to the secretary's fate as he departed the White House for Bedminster, New Jersey, calling Price a "fine man" but reiterating his displeasure about Price's use of private jets for multiple trips on government business.

"I don't like the optics," Trump said.

The president previously said he was "not happy" with Price after news broke that he'd spent hundreds of thousands of federal dollars on private charters rather than flying commercial. He reiterated those sentiments Friday on the South Lawn of the White House.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like accountability didn't set well with Mr. Price.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Supposedly close to 1 million including military international flights, at least 2 dozen flights of abuse...and he offered to pay 52k so the public didn't pay 1 penny for his "seat"....lol POS

Good on the POTUS for dumping him

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Somewhere in HHS there's a "swamp dweller" liberal who is cackling to him/herself after advising Price that those charter flights were the usual thing, and perfectly authorized. Knowing that Price would take the fall when it turned out to be not so.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Somewhere in HHS there's a "swamp dweller" liberal who is cackling to him/herself after advising Price that those charter flights were the usual thing, and perfectly authorized. Knowing that Price would take the fall when it turned out to be not so.

100% on that. I know Tom Price, he lives about 5 minutes from me. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since last year, so I have I no inside knowledge about this. I do know that Tom is stand up guy. If he took these flights, I'm sure someone told him it was usual and customary. Hell, did't Nancy Pelosi fly back and forth to SF all the time when she was Speaker?

You are seeing 2 things here.

First, the Dems have targeted and knocked off another one of Trumps cabinet picks. Are you guys seeing this? The Dems know one way to stall Trumps agenda is to attack his cabinet appointments, get them to step down, and stall approving a replacement.

Tom Price was set to dive into whatever was supposed to be passed to replace Obamacare, and run with it. 3/4 of the crap in Obamacare was set into motion AFTER it was passed by Obama's HHS director. Price was set to undo do it. Price could have made insurance available across state lines and those sorts.

Second, Price is probably frustrated that the Obamacare replacement is not ready to rock. So rather than fight this bogus travel complaint, he said phouc it and is coming home.

Tom Price is about a straight up as any politician could be. He's a MD first, and politician second. He's not a swamp creature and probably doesn't get along with them well. Too bad, because we need somebody who has a long and vast knowledge of hospital medicine to help clean up this healthcare mess. Sorry to see him go.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Maybe, but if he had half a brain, he should have known better and would not have taken the flights.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
when these reports like this come out, private email servers, private jets, etc, it makes me wonder whether any of these sob's have any common sense. dumb fuggen arrogant bastards

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NeBasshole
WASHINGTON — Tom Price has resigned as President Donald Trump's Health and Human Services Secretary, the White House said Friday.

I'm sure NeBasshole thought posting this would impugn the character of Trump.Unfortunately this is just another illustration that Trump holds his people accountable.

Compare this to the former Homo-in-chief who held no one in his regime accountable and made excuses for everyone.

Let's also not forget the 100 million dollars that Bath-house Barry spent of tax payers money on his lavish vacations.Also how could we forget the lavish vacations and trips the "First Tranny" took at taxpayers expense.

Liberal jack-wagons,like NeBasshole, never give up trying to demean good and decent people while never scrutinizing their ScumBag politicians with the same vigor.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hatari

100% on that. I know Tom Price, he lives about 5 minutes from me. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since last year, so I have I no inside knowledge about this. I do know that Tom is stand up guy. If he took these flights, I'm sure someone told him it was usual and customary. Hell, did't Nancy Pelosi fly back and forth to SF all the time when she was Speaker?

You are seeing 2 things here.

First, the Dems have targeted and knocked off another one of Trumps cabinet picks. Are you guys seeing this? The Dems know one way to stall Trumps agenda is to attack his cabinet appointments, get them to step down, and stall approving a replacement.

Tom Price was set to dive into whatever was supposed to be passed to replace Obamacare, and run with it. 3/4 of the crap in Obamacare was set into motion AFTER it was passed by Obama's HHS director. Price was set to undo do it. Price could have made insurance available across state lines and those sorts.

Second, Price is probably frustrated that the Obamacare replacement is not ready to rock. So rather than fight this bogus travel complaint, he said phouc it and is coming home.

Tom Price is about a straight up as any politician could be. He's a MD first, and politician second. He's not a swamp creature and probably doesn't get along with them well. Too bad, because we need somebody who has a long and vast knowledge of hospital medicine to help clean up this healthcare mess. Sorry to see him go.

Sundance seems to think it was the straw that broke the camel's back since he'd failed at 0care repeal

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...s-secretary-tom-price-will-come-tonight/

Last edited by bigfish9684; 09/29/17.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If he's that stupid then he should not be there, he could have done well if he had used his head.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
when these reports like this come out, private email servers, private jets, etc, it makes me wonder whether any of these sob's have any common sense. dumb fuggen arrogant bastards

He has no excuse, just ask the fuggin President if there is any doubt !...good riddens Price

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Supposedly close to 1 million including military international flights, at least 2 dozen flights of abuse...and he offered to pay 52k so the public didn't pay 1 penny for his "seat"....lol POS

Agree 100%. I can't imagine the gall of him only offering to pay for his share of the $1 million in costs; his staffers accompanied him on trips HE was making.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hard to believe he would do such without it being business travel. He should know there are two sets of rules.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I heard the total was $400,000 but a Million wouldn't surprise me.

Either way his offer of $50,000 is a slap in the face.

Good riddance and don't steal any office supplies on your way out Tom.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Someone else from the cabinet goes down, and you stupid clowns think you're getting the whole story.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Another one bites the dust.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
no problem for the prez to fire whomever he wishes. he is the boss.

but, there's been tons of firing. and that's ok. but, why so many?

he hires & he fires? so, why so many fires? doesn't make me want to work for him at gov't wages.

that dude is better than the hillary, but just how much better?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I heard the total was $400,000 but a Million wouldn't surprise me.

Either way his offer of $50,000 is a slap in the face.

Good riddance and don't steal any office supplies on your way out Tom.

The 400k was domestic flights, the additional came from the whistle blowers in his own dept. last night...that additional was International military flights...some were 30 seat jets with just him sitting on the plane. Along with visits to see his son, and vacation trips.

When in doubt, check with a superior...or pay the Price smile

PS: This has been going on for a while, a few articles were written about his abuse...and he kept going anyway, he was on FOX live yesterday with a lame interview and excuses.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 09/29/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kroo88
Someone else from the cabinet goes down, and you stupid clowns think you're getting the whole story.

We appreciate your valuable input and insults...thanks so much.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
IT MUST BE NICE LIVING TOP CLASS ON THE PROCEEDS OF MONEY DONATED TO A CHILDRENS BENEVOLENT CHARITY- Lobster, caviar, wine, Waldorf, private jets, limos, maids, ...... (you can bet your ass bill and hillbitch ALWAYS are on Foundation business. Thats what its for).

AND HELPING OUT AMERICANS IN NEED

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/29/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,485
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.