Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Are these Ozone units worth it??? Yay or Nay??? I do realize hunting stands correctly with right wind direction is the best thing a person can do but I just looking for something to help when the unpredictable happens and the deer come downwind of me. Anyone using these ?? Are they worth the asking price?

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've heard it works, and that you can buy an ozone generator much more cheaply than the Ozonics brand.

Will google when I have some time.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I think it's funny as hell people slend that money on them. What happened to a shower and watching the wind. As they say....there's an ass for every seat.

I'm guessing the guy with the ozonics, also has a butt-out tool.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When deer hunting is mixed with unseen, unknowable influences and someone offers a handy solution, I am skeptical. Mind you, this your resident rattle shaker here. I deal with the unseeable and the unknowable on a daily basis. I'm the guy who "F's with the IneFFables."

I can also say that, like TZone, I find a little bit of good body hygiene works wonders. I use the Shamanic Baking Soda Method . I've had deer upwind, downwind, every which way from me as close as 5 yards away and not gotten a bust. My method is free, and I'd be the first to admit I did not originate it.

This is more Elephant Repellent with an updated electronic twist to it.

BTW: Can I interest you in a case of Cover Scent Gum?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Skunk flavor? Or doe-in-heat?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Breathing ozone can trigger a variety of health problems including chest pain, coughing, throat irritation, and congestion. It can worsen bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma. "Bad" ozone also can reduce lung function and inflame the linings of the lungs. Repeated exposure may permanently scar lung tissue.

Sounds good to me !!

Ozone effects

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Never had much luck with anything beyond washing my clothes in baking soda and putting it inside my boots. After day one, under my arms.

Have one of those little ozone machines in my truck. Don't know if it does anything but no one has ever complained of smoke smell in it.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
The Truth is all he scent hiding products are just gimmicks, THEY DO NOT WORK AT ALL,
i have had deers walk up to me once or twice...
i scout before u hunt and when i spot the i act like i don't even see them, i don't try to scare them crazy
i smoke my cloths before hitting the wood.
deers and some other Animal are very clever and they know the different between fake scented apple cidar and the real thing.

playing down wind and being quiet is the keep.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Originally Posted by BGunn
Breathing ozone can trigger a variety of health problems including chest pain, coughing, throat irritation, and congestion. It can worsen bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma. "Bad" ozone also can reduce lung function and inflame the linings of the lungs. Repeated exposure may permanently scar lung tissue.

Sounds good to me !!

Ozone effects

Yep, i have heard about this before, people should be careful.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ozone generators have some merits, but its really hit or miss when it comes to helping your hunting, and I'm being kind even mentioning 'hit'.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've tried every gizmo on the market except an ozone machine.

Now, I wash my clothes, take a shower and hunt the wind.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ozone generators have some merits, but its really hit or miss when it comes to helping your hunting, and I'm being kind even mentioning 'hit'.....

Haha! You sure are.

They are a farce, along with scent lok, scent eliminator, etc.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Johnny they DO work to eliminate scent, but not free flowing out in the wide open! At best they'll only get a fraction of it.... Scent lok and scent eliminators are a huge farce. Just for the hell of it we hid some dope in a balled up scent lok coat one day and turned a narc dog loose on it. He found it so fast it made your head spin! And you know deer can smell pretty well too! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
That's a better way to put it for sure. Cool dog story.......they are amazing.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Maybe when this thing shows up I might just mail it right back to them for refund. My scent control hasn't been a huge issue anyway. Not sure what got me thinking this was the answer??? I don't want or need to be dragging more crap along with me either. Thanks for bringing me back to reality! Lol

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Originally Posted by ingwe

there's no other way to say it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Skunk flavor? Or doe-in-heat?

I've got them all, and I can make you a case price if you're interested. I was throwing them in with the Anti-Telepathy hat.

See Shamanic Gum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of money for little real use. They can be used in confines spaces to clean scent from items, but not a good idea atound people. Besides, @%70 of all the scent you put off is in the form of breathing. (Plan on holding your breath while hunting?)
None of trhe scent-lock products work enough to be called successful, and activated carbon absorbs scent, but can not be heated enough to clean and reactivate the carbon, without incinerating the garment. (According to a scientist who explained it to me).

Take a look at all those vintage hunting photos, showing a dozen guys, and 2 dozen bucks hanging behind from poles. These folks hadn't even bathed lately. Smoke, drank, old wool coats, campfires, lots of foreign scents present, but the meat was hanging on poles as proof. Hunt the wind.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deer do not smell people as good as dogs, or they are not as spooky as we think. One time I had walked to a tree stand across an open field, wearing rubber boots, and had been sitting in the stand for over an hour when a bunch of does crossed my trail. They did not act as if they noticed it at all. A while later here came my Great Pyrenees dog with her nose to the ground, right to the tree, looked up and wagged her tail and lay down. My wife had decided to turn Her out of the pen when She went to work. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Besides, @%70 of all the scent you put off is in the form of breathing. (Plan on holding your breath while hunting?)

That's where the cover scent gum comes into play. Have you been using it? I sent you a sampler case. I never heard back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 3,027 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,236
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.