Print Thread
Hop To
D
dell Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I have been told to get a full auto A R. You must have full auto lower. Even seposedly conservitve news is saying. Change a couple of available parts. Thats all it takes. Which is it?. What about others? A K s? FN FALs? Ect.

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
This is something that one should pry not delve in to on the forum at this time

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have been told to get a full auto A R gluing the firing pin full forward will work. I'm not about to try it and it is not a serious suggestion.

I know that selective fire is a good deal harder for folks who want to break the laws or easier if you have enough money.

For official use only all it takes is money in the thousands of dollars or applying to the Feds for an AR loaner free to a law enforcement agency or Sheriff's office for official use. For personal use all it takes is money in the multiple tens of thousands and waiting a long long time for official approval including living in the right places.

In the particular case of the AR there are many such from many makers in many places. Colt for example has made trigger groups with different size pins and more or less available space in the lower to make mix and match full auto - as by swapping in military parts not available over the counter anyway - decidedly harder.

I also know that to say available parts covers a multitude of sins. The language couple of parts is I think deliberately chosen to be misleading when the parts are really assemblies. Brownell's say and others will cheerfully sell some parts for full auto firearms with appropriate paper work, and not sell other parts, if that counts as available. In fact true machine gun fire control parts - which might be multiple use - are pretty much subject to the same rules as machine guns for obvious reasons. The varieties of Tavor sold in Canada are semi-automatic but use Israeli parts in the trigger housing. Because these parts are also used in full auto issue arms in Israel the Tavor as sold in the United States uses a unique redesigned trigger group so as to include no full auto trigger parts.

At least one AK has been reported built from a Spetznas shovel. Somebody who can do that can likely make a full auto firearm. I suppose in a few years 3D printing of metal parts will make it easier and more tempting to break the laws.

Currently even conservative news is either misinformed themselves or spreading misinformation themselves for whatever reason. Notice the failure of Republican congressional leadership, presumably conservative? to do anything for the gun culture that elected them before this happened. I look for the House leadership to defer any action until the time is right in their sole judgment and that will only be when the pressure to pass is more than they can stand.

D
dell Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Thanks Clark. I have not been into owning or even studing modern milatery type arms very much. I bought my first and so far only A R a couple years ago. Had I realized what fun it has been, earlyer, the inside of my gun safe might look much deferent. As you have stated. Money #1 and time are likly the keys. As is true with most things. This Jamoke, aparently had plently of both.The outfit that built my A R; And others I have talked to. Have indacated that it is relativly hard, in all respects, to get a full auto firearm. I'm not talking of grinding the sear off on a 10-22. Or mounting two of them with a cam on the trigers, and a crank There is no dougt in my mind. That the media is misinformed. And most will spread misinformation. That they know themselvs is incorect. This is just something I do not know about. And I think I have came to the best place to find out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not a simple parts swap.

IC B2

D
dell Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
It's not a simple parts swap.

Thaks.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It is now reported the Las Vegas shooter used a dozen bump stocked long arms. Like the so called Hellfire switch trigger puller at Waco - used to justify the death of 76 people or more than at Las Vegas so far - this is a relatively simple full auto if you will conversion. Not precisely selective fire nor an accurate designated marksman tool but can be mounted and removed.

For an example of a machine gun part that is readily available in the marketplace -All NFA rules apply to the sale of the SSF trigger - there are such things as
SUPER SELECT-FIRE SOPMOD (SSF®) TRIGGER
FULL DESCRIPTION

The Geissele Super Select-Fire (SSF®) Trigger is a select-fire combat trigger that Geissele Automatics developed for the U.S. Special Operations Community. The SSF is a non-adjustable combat style two-stage trigger that is available in 4.5lb. and 5.5lb. configurations. In semi-automatic mode, the SSF is a precision two-stage trigger that allows precise and accurate trigger control. In fully-automatic mode, the SSF is a single-stage trigger with a smooth, continuous trigger pull and abrupt hammer release. The SSF is safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center. NSN# 1005-01-618-8104

All NFA rules apply to the sale of the SSF trigger.
First you have a full military version machine gun then you can add bells and whistles. This is not what the media is reporting.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The media knows as much about firearms as they do about the weather...maybe less.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,969
Posts18,480,645
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.