-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Posting this for 2 reason. I want to see if I have how to post an image figured out and second to show you a picture of my Grandson's first buck with a bow. He is currently on crutches and wearing a brace due to surgery for a football injury. He wasn't going to let this keep him from getting in his tree stand opening night of the Michigan bow season.
Hopefully, the picture will post.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/8Lhth"><a href="//imgur.com/8Lhth"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Guess I must be doing something wrong

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Guess I must be doing something wrong

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I think I have it figured out now.

Posting this for 2 reason. I want to see if I have how to post an image figured out and second to show you a picture of my Grandson's first buck with a bow. He is currently on crutches and wearing a brace due to surgery for a football injury. He wasn't going to let this keep him from getting in his tree stand opening night of the Michigan bow season.
Hopefully, the picture will post.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Very cool

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Neat!

With Imgur select "large thumbnail" as you image size for optimal viewing on one of these forums.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Neat!

With Imgur select "large thumbnail" as you image size for optimal viewing on one of these forums.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Great Buck Congrads!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Neat!

Thanks for the heads up. This was the first time I had used Imgur.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Good show!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats to your grandson, nice buck!

Lee

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats. Nice buck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that is a grand buck for a first, second or last buck with a bow! congrats to the next generation of great Americans!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations to both of you !! What a great memory for the two of you to share.

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deerstalker
that is a grand buck for a first, second or last buck with a bow! congrats to the next generation of great Americans!

Poor kid is going to spend the rest of his life disappointed in his hunting results. That's a fantastic buck!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JeffG
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Poor kid is going to spend the rest of his life disappointed in his hunting results. That's a fantastic buck!

The boy has been either lucky or good. During his first youth hunt he got a large doe and his sister got an 8 point. That kind of lit a fire under him. He was bound and determined to not let his sister out do him again. The next years youth hunt, he shot a massive 14 point at 125 yards and then the following year he got an 11 point during his last youth hunt.
We kidded him that he was going to have to play by the big boy rules this year and first time out he gets that 9 point. He still has one buck tag left and continues to hunt for another larger buck.
I am so glad that his dad and I instilled in him the joys of hunting. So many kids look to other and , sometimes dangerous activities, to get their entertainment or joys in this day and age.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 53 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,398
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.