Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, pot causes added stupidity, you have to be stupid to smoke it in the first place, some pot defenders talk a good conservative game, but, deep inside their blood runs yellow dog democrat pure. they're really closet liberals, I've often wonder what else they're closeting.

Trump Won!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When they start getting violent just throw them a bag of Doritos or a pan of brownies.....everything becomes copacetic. I'm not a toker but I get angry when I'm hungry too.

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I've never personally seen anyone high on marijuana get violent. The opposite is what I've seen. Mellowed out and lacking any motivation to do anything but sit around and snack.

Article didn't say that the violence necessarily occurs while they are stoned.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
More violent than alcohol? Laughable.

Not according to scientific studies.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarryC

I bet you believe the "scientific studies" done on climate change.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Don't forget cheap whiskey.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have never smoked pot or used any other rec drug, and might have a few ounces of wine with friends at dinner a few times a year. So, have zero experience or knowledge from the user/abuser standpoint. But, due to my career and extensive avocational experiences, I have been exposed to tons of user behavior - and have observed carefully while stone sober. Most of the view is not pretty.

It is interesting, almost humorous, to see users/abusers argue about which substance makes folks more mean, or docile, or crazy, or lazy, etc. Users are citing experience gained while somewhat out of their minds - or way out. Being drunk/stoned/weirded cannot be extrapolated to others - these substances affect different people in differing ways and generalization is very weak. It seems that most users/abusers are going there with hope of escape from some real life stuff. Most of the time, the escape appears to be a door to deeper problems.

Some go into rec drug use, realize negatives, decide to quit - and are successful. Some decide to use in moderation and in selected circumstances - if they are truly strong/disciplined folks, they can manage that and be productive. The majority go in and simply waste themselves. The substance of choice does not seem to matter very much.

There are choices to be made in every life - every day. I'm not smart enough to know/understand what others face or to comment on the quality of their decisions. But, I have observed and understand many of the choices that will undermine a life. The specific substance seems to matter very little.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
No, pot causes added stupidity, you have to be stupid to smoke it in the first place, some pot defenders talk a good conservative game, but, deep inside their blood runs yellow dog democrat pure. they're really closet liberals, I've often wonder what else they're closeting.

I generally agree with most of what you post but I've got to wonder what smoking pot has to do with ones political perspective....same could be said of tobacco and alcohol by anybody who didn't know better....some thought ole Ben Franklin was smokin dope when he flew his kite...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

An anonymous scientific study? With only schizophrenic mental patients as examples? If you spent 30 seconds on google you would see for yourself that alcohol causes more violence in our society than all other illegal drugs combined.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Weed is weed, I hate it. But look at how alcohol effects some people. Most domestics are alcohol related.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's not hard to find credibility in such a study when you've lived among a population which uses marijuana at a level similar to alcohol. Anyone who thinks pot is somehow benign isn't being honest.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Dumbest fuggin thing said on this thread so far. I've known a shytload of pot smokers who are very staunchly conservative and plenty of drinkers who are liberal twats to the bone. As I said before, anyone who drinks alcohol has NO BUSINESS berating pot smokers. It's just a matter of what your drug of choice is. If you're a drinker you're just as much a "druggie" as any pot head. If you're a drinker who condemns pot smokers, you're a pathetic, delusional hypocrite. Period.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
it's not hard to find credibility in such a study when you've lived among a population which uses marijuana at a level similar to alcohol.

You live in a community heavily comprised of schizophrenics?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People that live in small communities where a large percentage of the population, family and friends are addicts tend to have a different perspective on the effects of long term pot use if they aren't users and can make a sober assessment of the situation. Same can be said for those in legal and medical fields.

Stoners love to delude themselves into believing there is no harm or adverse effects from their drug of choice, and their favorite tactic is pointing out how much worse alcohol is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
..."Pot CAUSES Violence" Pretty well squares with my experience being around potheads...

Ridiculous.

some people may have more schizo's in their circle of friends than most. Just sayin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
it's not hard to find credibility in such a study when you've lived among a population which uses marijuana at a level similar to alcohol.

You live in a community heavily comprised of schizophrenics?

I've lived over half my life in communities where pot use has been very prevalent, chronic, and generational. (Some locals have estimated male use somewhere in the 90th percentile. Female use doesn't seem far off that mark, and it doesn't seem to have the same almost universally negative association in people's minds that alcohol use does during pregnancy.)

Either there is a rather high rate of schizophrenia among some groups, or something triggers it. I know pot exacerbates it sometimes. I have known of many women who were abused for failing to adequately provide for 'their man's' next hit. "Dope over diapers", you know?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I live in a community where it was recently reported that 40% of a certain demographic's babies tested positive for meth.

Meth and booze.

A similar story made the Great Falls Tribune front page head line last Sunday.

Pot ain't chit, hell the tribe was gonna grow it for sale until they learned the Feds would cut off funding.

Whiskey is probably the worst around here(for anyone) when it comes to fighting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pot and booze starts a lot of fights in parking lots.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I don't buy it, not at all.

By contrast, two of my buddies from the old days of 1970 got on the pot bandwagon and never got off. Charlie and Sam still stay up until 4 am, drinking cheap beer and smoking a joint. Get up at noon and have a joint for breakfast. Haven't done an honest day's work in 30 years.
Charlie is 66 years old and lives in his Dad's basement. Pathetic. Never moved out since high school. And he was the most energetic guy at Chamblee High School, a starting wide end on the football team plus voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in the high school annual. Wasn't smoking pot in high school
Sam has been supported by his wife for 40 years. Potheads.
Sad to see these two guys waste their lives, very sad for me, but they are pot heads and are not violent. Don't have the energy to be violent.

If you want to, you can destroy your life on marijuana, just as my former friends Charlie and Sam have. You also can destroy your life on liquor, or on cocaine if that is what you want.
But don't try to tell me that pot makes you violent, give me a break.

Simon,

Perhaps the cheap beer until 4am might not be helping the problem? I'd not be laying the blame on just the pot.

I'll agree the pot is probably not making the violent though.
Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are there daily pot smokers who don't drink?

I imagine there are daily drinkers who don't smoke pot.

I don't know enough about it to know the difference between addiction and self-medication. Or if one follows the other.

I expect there are people who take drugs to take the edge off their own reality. And then become addicted.

And schizophrenics probably have a bad enough reality they want something to take the edge off.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,748
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.