Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
From the Medford Mail Tribune:

A Josephine County circuit judge has ordered a man with no prior criminal history be appointed a public defender — against the man’s wishes — in a case charging him with murdering a 70-year-old man and destroying his body in a trailer fire.

Troy Miles Dawson, 24, of Grants Pass, was charged Monday with murder with a firearm and three counts of first-degree arson for the killing of Michael Benedict Sr., whose body was dragged into an RV that was torched at Benedict’s property outside Murphy Friday afternoon.

Dawson stated Monday that he does not want a court-appointed defense lawyer, according to a memorandum filed in court, but Circuit Judge Pat Wolke ordered he be appointed one.

Dawson allegedly killed Benedict inside his home at 1535 Board Shanty Creek Road Friday afternoon, moved the body to the fifth-wheel trailer on the property and set a fire that burned the trailer to the ground, according to an affidavit from Oregon State Police.

Dawson allegedly told his mother he killed Benedict, then fled on foot, triggering a manhunt Friday night, according to the affidavit. He was captured at 11:18 a.m. Saturday after OSP troopers found him walking in the area of Red Spur and Summit Loop near Murphy.

Upon his capture, Dawson allegedly volunteered knowledge about the crime that included “information that he knew the police were going to get him today,” according to the affidavit. Dawson’s next court appearance is set for Oct. 16, court records show.

yeah, this had nothing to do with Drugs... or the news would have reported so, right?

but that is not what is being said by local County Sheriff's Office "off the record"

this kind of stuff wasn't a routine occurrence in the county until Marijuana was legalized...

but of course supporters of it will argue that isn't true.. its "fake news"....

everyone on their keyboards know the 70 year old guy died of spontaneous combustion.. while sitting
in his lounge chair watching TV... and the 24 year was just trying to save him, and was wrongfully
blamed on the old man's death...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Saw a very nice looking young Hispanic fella and his sweet mama pulled over and in handcuffs the other day. Nice new car with blacked out windows. Very respectable businessman I'm sure, probably on vacation in lovely southern Oregon.

LOL
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yup, same/same with the stupid fuc-kin dopehead enablers, last I heard all the little craft brewers, fine Kentucky distillers and Anhueser/Busch were gonna have to cut way back on their head chopping machine gunning dope cartel behavior. crazy

Trump Won!
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Fish Dick, et al, will be along by the by

and asking such questions like how did anyone know the guy who pulled this crap
was a drug user? or involved with the dope growers?
\
did we chase them down and ask them?

and we So. Oregon locals are just " drama queens"....

tell that to the family of the 70 year old that was killed and then had his body
burned up in his 5th wheel... by some 20 something...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Embarrassing when so called conservatives resort to classic liberal tactics to support their position

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Embarrassing when so called conservatives resort to classic liberal tactics to support their position

No trickery needed friend. All things drug related go poorly and the fingerprints are all over the crime scene. We see it every day here.

LOL
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No we don't Roy...

Remember, we have all of these other guys who are smarter than everyone else
to tell you and I that it is all in our heads...

hinting that all of this so called crime that we complain about that came after
legalization of dope.. doesn't really exist at all...

the 70 year old guy killed over in Murphy off of Board Shanty, and then burned in his
5th wheel.. that must have occurred in his imagination also..

he must have been a fellow 'drama queen' also...

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, yes, pot doesn't cause violence!

Now lets write that 1000 times today students. crazy

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John, don't tell anybody, but I'm in a sweet spot right here since I moved. Right on the river surrounded by McMansions, no pot smell, no tweekers, no thieves, a real pocket of paradise for this sheithole of an armpit of an area. It's temporary while we deal with the kids medical stuff so come spring we have to make the big decision where to go to. I sure don't want to stay anywhere in southern Oregon but the wife has a say in that..

LOL
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Roy,

I really don't know where else to move to... can't think of anywhere that doesn't have its liberal
induced social problems...Like I have to laugh when someone from Mash Potato Idaho, acts like
where he is lives is morally superior and everyone is much more intelligent than anyone living in
Oregon...

I don't know when your kids attended Hidden Valley if you ever went to Parent Teacher conferences..

My wife and I did on a regular basis...had an interesting conversation with one of the math teachers
there once...I told him I am sure that 90% of his time was spent trying to stop the one or two students
who constantly disrupt class, and 10% was being able to teach the rest of the class something...

One of the things he told me, which I was surprised at....When the teachers kicked kids out of class
and they were booted out of school for a couple of days or weeks... the Office would have the teachers
come down and explain to parental units of why their little angel was being kicked out of school.

The comment that surprised me, was that when he had to do this, it gave him a newfound respect for the
kid. Because when he'd meet these parents... he couldn't believe that the kid turned out as well as he/she
did, after meeting the parents or grandparents...

always seeming to be unemployed or welfare collectors... entitlement demanders.. poor hygiene, smelly etc
Left over but still living the hippie life style... 50 years after the 60s was over... and it didn't take Sherlock
Holmes to figure out that drug use was a prevalent factor in home life.....

That is why the dope growers have migrated here.. along with our local dope heads who have
been growing it illegally for decades.... but then again, the 5 to 10 guys that aggressively criticize
you and I for posting about this crap going on here and swear it is our imagination.. I am sure each
one of them have been dopers for decades also...

Making accusations about others, make them think that it will take the attention away from them...
but its sorta obvious.. they just think they are fooling everyone else about it..

the only crime we get around here must be committed by good church going, hard working, Love America
type criminals...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tough deal

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lotta Swedes and Mennonites running out of control here.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only problem with that ^^^^ is that I don't think MJ users ever had a "before" where they were successful.

LOL
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, them darn Mennonites!

and then the Mormons also...

Wife being in the Hospital Administration over at 3 Rivers...

she says at this point in time, its almost a daily thing, bringing in
someone who was either killed by someone else..or overdosed..

The Morgue is almost rivaling the ER in the number of customers
they see daily....

and then a good 60% of the "patients", still don't have health insurance of
any type.. or they have a real cheap version of Obama Care...

so they see about 30 cents on the dollar in payment, on what they should
be billing out for services rendered.....

shabby people, driving spendy cars and having no health insurance...
what could go wrong or cause that??

Fish Dick must be ignoring me this morning...

you'd think he'd have been over here casting his usual accusational zingers
letting us know how delusional we are.. and how great he is up in BotHell WA
the little Schitt Cargo Transplant he is...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John I'm trying to get the Jeep ready for elk hunting next week in the Evans Creek unit. You should get a tag.

LOL
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where are you going in Evans Creek Unit?

Me and a friend are mulling over either up by Skookum Praire, National Creek
or out of Butte Falls north of Medco Lake...

either that, our south Powers Unit in late season....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got a buddy that's going to point me in the right direction this evening. I haven't hunted elk here so I'm calling in favors. He says there's 4 herds in the unit and he knows their travel routes. At least it's a place to start. Or, I'll just work. Not sure which yet.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/11/17.

LOL
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm not getting any younger... so I need to get out and elk hunt this year...

havent' elk hunted in a batch of years...being in the same area one idiot shot another idiot
on opening weekend...

and that was repeated 3 seasons in a row...

too many trigger happy morons.. that is why I've liked the Powers Unit...

too far back there for many nimrods to make the effort to get there..

but seems still 60% of those out there, are strictly road hunters..

sneaking up on an elk herd in their diesel pickup...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My hearts not really in it, I usually travel to hunt elk, but my wife's out of town for the week and we have kids and pets at home.

LOL
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,384
Posts18,488,634
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.