-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll say it again: the NRA is not an opponent of gun control, the NRA is a supporter of moderate gun control.

If you support the NRA, so are you. "Enforce the laws already on the books!" is not an acceptable position if you're going to call yourself anti-gun-control or pro-liberty.

If you're looking for gun control opponents, you need to look at folks like the Second Amendment Foundation or the Gun Owners of America or the Citizens' Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can play politics or you can do what's right. Unfortunately, most people don't know the difference. I don't think we can recover from that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He said when bump stocks where approved by the Obama admin they said it was worthy to look at to see if in compliance with Federal law. That doesn't sound like it should be banned or shouldn't be legal etc. That's a person used to dealing with politicians, I don't look for any movement by the NRA to agree to a banning of the things and don't see Washington(Trump) changing it either.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats a folding camera?

I remember my grandfather using a camera like this when I was a kid. I actually inherited it. It's here somewhere.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by boilerpig1
LaPierre's salary...

Occupation CEO and Executive Vice President of the NRA, author
Home town Roanoke, Virginia US
Salary $972,000
Website NRA.org

Holy crap! I never imagined it was anything close to that.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
He said when bump stocks where approved by the Obama admin they said it was worthy to look at to see if in compliance with Federal law. That doesn't sound like it should be banned or shouldn't be legal etc. That's a person used to dealing with politicians, I don't look for any movement by the NRA to agree to a banning of the things and don't see Washington(Trump) changing it either.

Mike

He said the devices seem to him to transform a semi-auto into a fully auto firearm, which, in context, implies he favors the ATF outlawing them by reclassifying them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I'm sorry, but we don't need any Fudds on the bump stocks. Yeah, they are a toy, but probably saved lives in this case because Paddock used them. What if he had done aimed fire? He started by hosing off 60 rounds at fuel tanks he had no hope of hitting anyway.
But, a toy.
I don't have one, have FIRED one and was not impressed, won't be DIRECTLY affected if they go away. I should be a Fudd and just say, let's feed these guys to the crocs so they come for me later! But now the croc has a belly full of victory, calories to press on after that they really want, what they were screaming about within minutes -- suppressors, carry, black guns, "Universal" background checks.

I've always been disgusted with Fudds saying, "Oh, nobody should need (insert here), I have a HUNTING (insert here) and that's good enough for ME, it should be good enough for everyone else because I'm an appeasing weasel."

Anyone on here playing Fudd and thinking it's okay for the gun haters to take away what is, admittedly, a toy, doesn't understand the long game being played here, one that we've actually been winning even with the worst enemies of freedom in power.

A good many of the Fudds I know or have been acquainted with aren't exactly what I would call sophisticated thinkers anyway, and tend to be a little selfish. They don't recognize the enemy as being the enemy nor do they understand the ripple effects of things that on the surface may not seem to be gun rights connected, but in practice almost always affect gun rights.

People need to pull their heads out of their a$$es and understand that Evil exists and that Evil can and will rear its ugly head at the time and place of its choosing. The only thing you can do is be prepared to face it and kill it if it ever shows up where you happen to be. There is no honor or purpose in dying like sheep.

That said, I'm an NRA Life Member. There are a lot of things the NRA does that I think let us down. I also think LaPierre is a low-wattage example for someone in his position and should have been replaced with someone smarter and more aggressive than he is long ago. But the NRA is still the 800lb gun/civil rights gorilla inspite of LaPierre. They at least serve as a diversion to keep the Enemy's focus while SAF and other organizations perform SPECOPS in courtrooms across the nation.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LaserEye
Is anyone old enough to remember when there were not a bunch of paranoid idiots running around thinking that they needed high capacity, bump fire guns to ward off the threat posed by any government organization ?

Bump fire stocks are not sporting or even effective self defense weapons. They just play into the hands of the control freaks who want to have the government run every aspect of our lives, with the freaks in charge.

While I own ARs, and admit they are "fun", has they never appeared, I wouldn't be missing a thing.

The problem is not Conservatives, Liberals or guns. The problem is too many fing people. Back when the USA was populated with 150 million people we took our guns to school (in NY state) on opening day of bird and deer season, put them in our lockers and went hunting after school. There were NO mass shootings.

As with all animal populations, there will be a major culling of humanity. Not if----- only when. Get off the net and read COLLAPSE. That's what has happened, is happening and will come to the 1st world at some point.

Perhaps before NK or the Mullahs nuke us, the Yellowstone Caldara will blow and and the earth will be trimmed back to a billon or so. Or Jurassic Park will come true.

Mind of a moron.^^^^^

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats a folding camera?

KID !!!!!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I'm sorry, but we don't need any Fudds on the bump stocks. Yeah, they are a toy, but probably saved lives in this case because Paddock used them. What if he had done aimed fire? He started by hosing off 60 rounds at fuel tanks he had no hope of hitting anyway.
But, a toy.
I don't have one, have FIRED one and was not impressed, won't be DIRECTLY affected if they go away. I should be a Fudd and just say, let's feed these guys to the crocs so they come for me later! But now the croc has a belly full of victory, calories to press on after that they really want, what they were screaming about within minutes -- suppressors, carry, black guns, "Universal" background checks.

I've always been disgusted with Fudds saying, "Oh, nobody should need (insert here), I have a HUNTING (insert here) and that's good enough for ME, it should be good enough for everyone else because I'm an appeasing weasel."

Anyone on here playing Fudd and thinking it's okay for the gun haters to take away what is, admittedly, a toy, doesn't understand the long game being played here, one that we've actually been winning even with the worst enemies of freedom in power.
Thanks for standing up for freedom.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by LaserEye Larry Douchebag Root
Is anyone old enough to remember when there were not a bunch of paranoid idiots running around thinking that they needed high capacity, bump fire guns to ward off the threat posed by any government organization ?

Bump fire stocks are not sporting or even effective self defense weapons. They just play into the hands of the control freaks who want to have the government run every aspect of our lives, with the freaks in charge.

While I own ARs, and admit they are "fun", has they never appeared, I wouldn't be missing a thing.

The problem is not Conservatives, Liberals or guns. The problem is too many fing people. Back when the USA was populated with 150 million people we took our guns to school (in NY state) on opening day of bird and deer season, put them in our lockers and went hunting after school. There were NO mass shootings.

As with all animal populations, there will be a major culling of humanity. Not if----- only when. Get off the net and read COLLAPSE. That's what has happened, is happening and will come to the 1st world at some point.

Perhaps before NK or the Mullahs nuke us, the Yellowstone Caldara will blow and and the earth will be trimmed back to a billon or so. Or Jurassic Park will come true.

Mind of a moron.^^^^^

Dave

Well, 'ol "LaserEye" is Larry Root!

Funny, no matter how many times he slithers back under a new name and pretends to be anyone but his old sad pathetic self, he's simply as inconspicuous as a tarantula on a slice of angle food cake.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
"FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire."

COMPLAINT FILED.

ALL DONE.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ah, yes. The folding camera.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Time to create yet another username Larry..

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
"FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire."

COMPLAINT FILED.

ALL DONE.

Do we get to file a complaint, like freedom from Trolls here on the Fire...??

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
"FORUM RULES

COMPLAINT FILED.

ALL DONE.

Do we get to file a complaint, like freedom from Trolls here on the Fire...??

DF

What's the RULES regarding individuals whom have been banned? Banned repeatedly. Only to circumvent the owner and Admins wishes by using proxy servers for IP addy to create multiple new accounts? Surely there's a RULE/POLICY for that...

COMPLAINT FILED.

NOT DONE.

wink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"FORUM RULES

COMPLAINT FILED.

ALL DONE.

Please don't do that. Rick told me one more demerit and I was done.

I beg of you.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Hall Monitor strikes again! It's detention for you, Flave....

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rick has been threatening expulsion lately.

My parents will be pissed.

Clark

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There was never an issue with the bump stocks before this tragedy. It is not a sporting issue and never was. We have the rite to own firearms of our choosing period. The thing is a stock and it's purpose can be easily duplicated. Calling for bans only emblazon the anti gun crowd.

I think LaPierre might have let his mouth overload his ass but that's just my opinion. I do believe the Second Amendment should be taken literally. When will we ever learn that there is no detant considering the gun control issue. They will come for anything they can get.

Joe

Somehow I managed to post this in the wrong place. Apologies...

Last edited by rainshot; 10/12/17.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,818
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.