Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I just bought me cabin off the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Mts of Virginia. I don't want to spring for satellite so I'm thinking of a antenna. Who has installed one that you recommend?

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I got one of these and pulled some stuff in from the horizon. The two sides can be adjusted separately which helped getting a signal from two towers the same general direction. Need a stout pole, higher the better..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4XVOOC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I bought this system and I cant brag enough about it. I am getting about 50 channels on FREE TV, and the picture is so much better than the "processed" picture I was getting from Dish-Network, Direct TV, etc... and did I mention it is FREE TV!

After you buy your system, you are done...NADA, FREE!

If you are old enough (I certainly am) to recall when free TV was the norm, it's nice to know it's still there.

For anyone reading this, I highly recommend this antenna system. It might be overkill for some folks, but I am in a fringe area and am getting signals from several diferent areas just fine, with the farthest being 70+miles away.

Here is the MADE IN USA system:

http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/hd_stacker_tv_antenna-html.html

dave

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
NIce!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ilikemilitaria
I bought this system and I cant brag enough about it. I am getting about 50 channels on FREE TV, and the picture is so much better than the "processed" picture I was getting from Dish-Network, Direct TV, etc... and did I mention it is FREE TV!

If you are old enough (I certainly am) to recall when free TV was the norm, it's nice to know it's still there.

For anyone reading this, I highly recommend this antenna system. It might be overkill for some folks, but I am in a fringe area and am getting signals from several diferent areas just fine, with the farthest being 70+miles away.

dave

What sort of channels are you getting with this antenna?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
check this website tell you a lot of info you will want to know

http://www.antennaweb.org/

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
My cabin is up in the mts in the middle of nowhere. Hate to go to all the trouble and end up getting nothing.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Rooster7

dave

Use this tool below, and enter your zip code for a list of stations you will likely snag on the air. Bear in mind, that with each listing station, all have at least 2 sub-channels (I.E. channel 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, etc..) and on each of these is different programming. I have some stations that have 5 sub-channels all with different programming..

My channels are news, weather, movies, public TV, sports, like me-tv, PBS, create, cbs, nbc, abc, comet, get-tv, grit, light-tv, charge, stadium, ion, qubo, ionlife, escape, antenna-tv, bounce, justice, diy, and several local news and broadcast stations.,.

So, if you get say, 13 channels on your search list, you can be pretty sure you will have 26-50 channels or so... That's why i spent a little more money and ordered the system above, for its directional receive capability.

Here is the search tool:

https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps?startpoint=62274#

dave

Last edited by ilikemilitaria; 10/13/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
off air antenna I am getting 20 channels in Hispanic , Chinese , Japanese and everything else that I don't understand.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7

dave

Use this tool below, and enter your zip code for a list of stations you will likely snag on the air. Bear in mind, that with each listing station, all have at least 2 sub-channels (I.E. channel 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, etc..) and on each of these is different programming. I have some stations that have 5 sub-channels all with different programming..

My channels are news, weather, movies, public TV, sports, like me-tv, PBS, create, cbs, nbc, abc, comet, get-tv, grit, light-tv, charge, stadium, ion, qubo, ionlife, escape, antenna-tv, bounce, justice, diy, and several local news and broadcast stations.,.

So, if you get say, 13 channels on your search list, you can be pretty sure you will have 26-50 channels or so... That's why i spent a little more money and ordered the system above, for its directional receive capability.

Here is the search tool:

https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps?startpoint=62274#

dave
This, I have a $100 RCA antenna from the local Farm store for free TV

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
How many airline miles will the antenna pick up a signal?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
mine about 50 miles in Iowa

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
The dennysantennaservice antenna has quite a bit of structure dedicated to pulling in VHF TV channels.

There are no longer any VHF TV channels to pull in. That spectrum space has been reallocated to other services since the advent of HDTV.

HDTV gets by with a weaker signal than the old analog signals. It lives in the UHF part of the spectrum.

One of the better designs for those frequencies is the bow-tie antenna, with an amplifier at the antenna. Typically, this antenna has a bow tie shaped element, with a reflector screen behind it. For weaker signals, you can get models with two bow ties, one above the other. For weaker yet signals, you can get a four bow tie antenna.

The amplifier on the antenna is important because coaxial cable losses at UHF are very high. A little amplification before the coax solves that problem.

Be not weary in well doing.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by denton
The dennysantennaservice antenna has quite a bit of structure dedicated to pulling in VHF TV channels.

There are no longer any VHF TV channels to pull in. That spectrum space has been reallocated to other services since the advent of HDTV.

HDTV gets by with a weaker signal than the old analog signals. It lives in the UHF part of the spectrum.

One of the better designs for those frequencies is the bow-tie antenna, with an amplifier at the antenna. Typically, this antenna has a bow tie shaped element, with a reflector screen behind it. For weaker signals, you can get models with two bow ties, one above the other. For weaker yet signals, you can get a four bow tie antenna.

The amplifier on the antenna is important because coaxial cable losses at UHF are very high. A little amplification before the coax solves that problem.

English please

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I guess I’m missing the point of having tv in a location like that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
I guess I’m missing the point of having tv in a location like that.

Haha! 10-4!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A guy has to relax somewhere sometime.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I too, am looking for a antenna for my Camp. I get confused with the language and reviews on which one to get. The one I have seems to work OK, but it's the regular kind about 50 years old. Any help?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You don't need to spend a lot of many on these digital antennas. There isn't much difference between a $20 one and a $100 one, reception-wise.
You can make one yourself out of some wire and AL foil.

LOL! Here's a link to a REALLY simple HD antenna. Probably not the best, but reading the comments, someone bent it into a bow-tie and picked up a few more stations. I sure would not spend $100 on an antenna!

Last edited by BarryC; 10/14/17.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
https://www.channelmaster.com/Digital_HDTV_Outdoor_TV_Antenna_p/cm-4221hd.htm

While it may not pull in channels from quite as far as a "directional", the "multi directional" will pull in signals from a 180 degree sweep, so you're not having to constantly adjust/aim the thing. If you need pure distance (transmitters are FAR away, get the directional. If the transmitters are a little closer (30-40-50 miles) but coming from multiple directions, get the multi directional, and your aiming won't have to be so precise...

This one works good for me. You'll want to get a signal amplifier, too, if your antenna is more than 20 feet or so from the TV, due to signal loss in the cable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (17CalFan, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,698
Posts18,475,238
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.