Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If I was the guy with a deer rifle in my vehicle and knew it was sighted in and capable of the shot and I had one, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Let the BS sort itself out.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Yep. I missed your post completely.

My wife asked me if anyone had shot back at the guy in Vegas and if they had could they have hit him. I told her about the Tower shooter and how many lives were possibly saved by him having to take cover, even when the possibility of him getting hit was low. Lives could have likely been saved in the Vegas shooting too, had someone been able to return fire.

It's pretty obvious to the guys and gals here at the fire that only a good person with a gun can stop a bad person with a gun who is bent on harm. That's what's so shocking to me about the hour and change the shooter had between opening fire and being confronted by police, and why I question whether any of those police are actually "good persons with guns."

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
He would be OK legally. It would really be no different than someone with a CCW shooting a robber about to kill a convenience store clerk. Besides, no prosecutor would bring it to a grand jury, and no grand jury would indict him.

The legal system in this country IS screwed up, but I don't think it's that screwed up.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hanco
Curt Russel was in the movie I think.

Yep. He played the shooter.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CooperWilder

The question: did Sam (who is basically any American 100% legal citizen that had a deer rifle in his vehicle and he retrieved it and shot the sniper in the hotel) break any laws or is Sam now a national hero. (legally speaking, not just in opinion.)

No he did not.

Yes he would be.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When I live in South Florida back in the early 90's an older Cuban man in a bank line shot a bank robber in front of him in line.
1 shot to the back of the head with a 38 revolver.
He was never charged with any crime.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In order to avoid being shot by a good guy, I’ve heard the recommendation to keep a SECURITY vest or windbreaker with your carbine, if you pack one in your vehicle for this sort of purpose.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Very good idea.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Very good idea.

Clark

I thought so, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
He would be OK legally. It would really be no different than someone with a CCW shooting a robber about to kill a convenience store clerk. Besides, no prosecutor would bring it to a grand jury, and no grand jury would indict him.

The legal system in this country IS screwed up, but I don't think it's that screwed up.

No, it would not be the same as a CCW. here thst is known as a concealed PISTOL permit, and would not be needed as an open carry rifle. I do know if I served on the jury, I would not convict, even if the existing law said "guilty". (Most folks don't truly understand the power of the jury.)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As opposed to one that says "NRA".

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
assuming he used a rem 760 with see throughs in 270 with 130 corelokts, he'd be a national hero. anything else is questionable

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Out here in AZ, he would be hailed as a hero."

Don't bet the farm on that. Not in Pima County anyway.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
C
OP Offline
C
So the general belief is that Sam would in many ways, be protected by the Constitution and the legal staff in Vegas would probably find that Sam was a hero and to prosecute a hero would be very Anti-American...does that sound accurate?

My thought is that anyone that would even consider prosecuting Sam would have to be insanely liberal but...

Sam was acting in a defensive manner. Sam was attempting to protect others on location there. Sam was not acting in an intentionally dangerous manner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
If it were my state's DNR, they'd ticket him for hunting at night.

Yep, here in N.C. too.

C
OP Offline
C
How many of you thought: "If I had been there and armed..." ?? I do, regularly, in situations like this. I wish so badly that someone would step up and do the right thing in these situations!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
to answer the question as originally posed, in arizona, no problem at all. if you look at the deadly force statute, imediate and reasonable fear of loss of life of your own or another.
you run across some jaybird taking shots from the townsquare, in the absence of police you have absolute reason to protect human life.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by hanco
Curt Russel was in the movie I think.

Yep. He played the shooter.

It was a pretty good movie too.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

If a clean, honest citizen, say his name was...Sam, was at the concert and the shooter in the hotel starts shooting at the masses...if Sam finds, comes upon, or goes back to his vehicle and gets a standard deer hunting rifle and takes aim at the illegal shooter up in the tower of the hotel and shoots him, from the area where all the other concert attendees are standing around, and shoots the sniper either dead or wounds him enough to incapacitate him.

Actually, a question. Not a sentence.

The question: did Sam (who is basically any American 100% legal citizen that had a deer rifle in his vehicle and he retrieved it and shot the sniper in the hotel) break any laws or is Sam now a national hero. (legally speaking, not just in opinion.)

Actually, a sentence. Not a question.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rem141r
assuming he used a rem 760 with see throughs in 270 with 130 corelokts, he'd be a national hero. anything else is questionable

It's all about the cartridge.

And, what exactly is a "standard deer rifle"?

Why not a moose rifle? An elk rifle? Even, say, a varmint rifle?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 16penny, 338rcm, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,538
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.