-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you study history, walls have always been a target for invaders and they usually find a way in. This one won't be any exception.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Screw the walls, set up secure guard towers every couple hundred yards. Let folks do a tag draw kinda like they do for elk and stuff out west. Cheap, effective and the stuff of many tales around the campfire.

I feel no love or mercy for those invading our country. Zero. Nada. Don't give a flip where you're from...........if you don't like your county, get off your sorry ass and fix it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^EVERY DAMN BIT OF THAT!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
Screw the walls, set up secure guard towers every couple hundred yards. Let folks do a tag draw kinda like they do for elk and stuff out west. Cheap, effective and the stuff of many tales around the campfire.

I feel no love or mercy for those invading our country. Zero. Nada. Don't give a flip where you're from...........if you don't like your county, get off your sorry ass and fix it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^EVERY DAMN BIT OF THAT!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PREACH IT!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

All fun and games until they start shooting back!!!

From what I've read/seen, Mexican Cartels are well equipped and prone to violence........

Cancer Sucks
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

From what I've read/seen, Mexican Cartels are well equipped and prone to violence........

True, but so is the US Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines...

I have more faith in their abilities to visit conflict-ending violence on their targets than the I do in the Mexican Cartels. whistle

John

Last edited by jpb; 10/13/17.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Funny chitt you say, I've been shot at a few times in my life. Guess who won.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jpb

True, but so is the US Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines...

I have more faith in their abilities to visit conflict-ending violence on their targets than the I do in the Mexican Cartels. whistle

John

If you read the quote I replied to, DD wasn't talking about staffing the "towers" with military.....

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Maybe so, but your suggestion is still foolish......one or two guys up in a tower would be sitting ducks with the firepower the cartels have.

Cancer Sucks
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seriously?

Maybe so, but your suggestion is still foolish......one or two guys up in a tower would be sitting ducks with the firepower the cartels have.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you study history, walls have always been a target for invaders and they usually find a way in. This one won't be any exception.

Absolutely disagree. Walls have worked for thousands of years to keep folks from passing thru... Of course a full military assualt would necessitate other defenses but pancho and jose would be unable to simply hoof it across and that is why it's a necessary part of the solution.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing says the wall has to be cotinuous... just enough to funnel illegals onto places easier to protect.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Absolutely disagree. Walls have worked for thousands of years to keep folks from passing thru... Of course a full military assualt would necessitate other defenses but pancho and jose would be unable to simply hoof it across and that is why it's a necessary part of the solution.

I'm with Boomer on this one. If you're out on your boat duck hunting and you accidentally blast a hole in the bottom with a 12ga, the first thing you do is try to plug the hole with something to slow it down first. Then try to bail it out. Without the wall, they just run across with nothing to slow them down. It might not stop all, but it'll stop the majority.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 10/13/17.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Nothing says the wall has to be cotinuous... just enough to funnel illegals onto places easier to protect.

AKA shooting lanes.

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
mines, lots and lots of mines

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Seriously?

Yes, seriously......do a little research, the Mexican drug cartels are very well armed, up to and including RPGs and armored vehicles......do as Digital Dan suggests and put ol' Cooter and Joe Bob in a tower with their deer rifles and see how long they last if against a drug cartel looking to move drugs across the border.....

https://www.wired.com/2012/11/cartel-weapons/

Cancer Sucks
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seriously? No really.....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If we could put .mil on the border, and turn them loose, problem solved. Believe me, the cartels could not last a couple minutes against the full might of our military.

I will never forget the sights and sounds of the battle to take Baghdad International. A truly, one-sided fireworks show. Abrams and Warthogs make a lasting impression.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hell yah let's light 'em up!

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There is a lot of the Border that only has a barbed wire fence and NO road access. A wall is only a tool but a very good one IF YOU PUT BOOTS ON THE GROUND WATCHING IT.
One of my ranching friends has 10.5 miles of Border with Mexico. DHS has spent 42 million on infrastructure on his ranch. Ground sensors, permanent camera towers, mobile radar units and fencing. In the the last 5 years 42 trucks have cut down the 13’ fence and driven the three miles to the highway, unloaded their dope and returned to Mexico. All in broad daylight. Twice they even welded the wall back in place.
Lately the Cartels have stopped all people traffic. If you want out of Mexico you pay or pack dope.
The new Joint Field Commander for the Tucson sector recently had a press conference in which he stated that he would be detailing a lot more agents to the actual Border. Yahoo. We have been begging for this for close to 30 years. If they would have listened then every town in America wouldn’t be a Border town today.
Enjoyed lots of the comments and will get off my soapbox now.

Fred

Fourth Generation Border Rat
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
[Linked Image]

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,607
Posts18,473,729
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.