Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 44 of 63 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 62 63
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yeah.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's good real world velocity.

How do you like that chrono? Easy to use or setup-sensitive? Sky condition sensitive?

MM

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Love it, gives good, accurate data. Not sensitive to much at all, very easy to use and doesn’t require light. Takes a minute or two to get it setup but way less trouble than setting one up down range or on a tripod. It was between this and the Lab Radar but this seemed to be the more durable option. Perfect for my needs.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice rifle wareagle. Looks like it's wanting to shoot too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
on the mounts for left hand I have not looked at a PEPR in a long time, could you reverse the bolts? I have no clue. Probably not. Its just a thought. I know you can't reverse the mount....

RE the comment about white lettering on something that bothered someone... thats pretty easy to take care of in my mind right quickly without any issues, cost or effort if it really bothers one that much.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
...RE the comment about white lettering on something that bothered someone... thats pretty easy to take care of in my mind right quickly without any issues, cost or effort if it really bothers one that much.

I thought that was the whole reason for Sharpies...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Here are a couple of groups.

The first picture was from a 300 yard target shot at a NRA high power match. The pasted hole is from a sighter. The 10 ring is 7" in diameter, so the group is less than 2 MOA. The ten shots were fired in less than 70 seconds from a magazine with two rounds and a second one with eight rounds. This was shot at the Palo Alto range in Donaldsonville.

The second picture is similar but from a CMP leg match at Bayou Rifles near Houston. There are no sighters in these matches. Wind was right to left and I put a little too much on the scope. 9 out of ten were definitely under 2 MOA with the 10 round pushing it a little over 2 MOA. This group was fired similar to the first one except you start standing in this match and go in to position and fire two and eight, all in 70 seconds. It is hard to get pictures of targets during the matches, this one I shot on the second relay and went to the pits immediately after to pull targets. I have shot better groups just do not have pictures.

The third picture is of my gear. It was taken on a different range. I shoot a WOA upper with a Shilen 1-8 barrel, 4.5 power Night Force, Geiselle trigger, handguard, and scope mount. The lower is an Aero Precision that I assembled. I also built the range cart myself. It is similar to the one Creedmoor sells. The above targets were shot using a leather sling, in a prone position.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good old thread. Mike, cool pics. When you get some time, you should shoot this challenge with your rifle.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Anyone been out shooting?

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saturday night I killed a big boar with my AR10. Still need to do some load development in a couple of other rifles

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tag

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
MM, you got the same idea I do. It's getting to be good shooting weather. Not that I don't shoot in the crappy stuff too, but this is a fun challenge that needs to be brought back to the top. After I get the PRS on my new AR10, I'm going to be giving it a go with that rifle... grin wink.... Even if it shoots like chit, I'm posting results.... wink

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
wink

[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that new?

How's that scope working out for you?

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yep, its new. The scope is actually very good. Ive had it on my noveske and it works great. Ill get the ar7.62 version for this 308. I havent fired this armalite yet. Picked up some federal gold medal match the other day for $22/box. Wish me luck..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definitely, good luck...........looks very nice.

What barrel?

Is the scope the XTR series?

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It has the 20" target barrel. The scope is the cheaper AR 556 model. Has the windplex reticle. By no means high dollar or special, but it works. The original owner said this AR is just as accurate as his precision bolt gun.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You got wheels for it? grin Looks like it might not be a walking-around piece.

But with that heavy barrel, I imagine it will shoot very well.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
grin thanks. Its really not that heavy for an ar10. Most that ive looked at, were a lot heavier than my ar15's. Id like to get out and shoot it. I also knew where a small stash of lapua brass was. I called the shop owner up today and asked if she still had it. Some guy had it on consignment: 56 new pcs in the box for $30..... cool

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
: 56 new pcs in the box for $30..... cool

You done good. Gotta love that Lapua stuff.

MM

Page 44 of 63 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 204guy, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,399
Posts18,470,113
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.