Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Just tried a search, didn't get a result.... fuggg......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Don't tell me how to take care of my dogs and I won't tell you which gun to keep in the shower.

How's that sound Professor?

I have my dog on the meat and bone diet, and I feel it’s the best one out there. But in your circumstances, it would be the last diet I’d advise for your dog. You would be stepping in a puddle of sh!dt in the morning. Keep feeding your dog love and whatever you have been, that’s best diet at this point.

When my last mastiff was in her final days I gave her cheeseburgers and pizza and all kinds of crappy food. Her health was gone and I thought she would love it. That was 10 years ago and I miss her to this day. Hang in there brother, old dogs are special and worth every headache and sh!dt stain!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 14 yo GSP decided to crap in the hallway this morning which I discovered by stepping in it with my bare foot.
I couldn't get mad at her because she hasn't done that since she was a puppy so I'm sure she just couldn't hold it any longer. Wouldn't have done any good because she's stone deaf and wouldn't have known what I was saying anyway but I can tell you with certainty that having dog chit squished between your toes is NOT a good way to start your day off. sick
I hope this doesn't become a regular event but I can assure you that in the future I'll turn on the light in the hallway before I venture out to the coffee pot.

I can sympathize with you........... our oldest GSD is 13 1/2 & has a lot of similar issues. We've had her since she was 8 weeks old & the only way my wife is going to let her get put down is when she simply cannot lift her head anymore. Been a simply fantastic dog though & is the closest thing to human I can imagine for an animal.

Hell for them getting old just like it is for humans.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
FG,
Yep, same happened to us one night when we were in Montana working on the property.
HouseHold-6 and I have loved our dogs, but agreed when it got to that point, where Major our 16 yo Golden, messed himself and could not get up, well then, it was time.
Met the best Vet we have ever had in Missoula, and she did a very gracious job of helping our buddy to Doggy Heaven.
We still get emotional about it. I have put down lots of [bleep], but a dog, well, that is something special...

RLTW

Duty, Honor, Country
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have been away for a bit over two weeks. Prior to leaving I noticed our 15 year old Cocker was building cabins on the back patio rather than in the open dirt yard. I arrived home just an hour ago and found a small town on a 4' x 4' area of the concrete walkway to the garden. Indeed it seems her aging is noticeable by the fortnight. Still happy as hell and can jump on our bed or take the stairs up to the game room but she no longer wants her morning walk. We shall see as the temps drop.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by rlott
My 14 yo GSP decided to crap in the hallway this morning which I discovered by stepping in it with my bare foot.
I couldn't get mad at her because she hasn't done that since she was a puppy so I'm sure she just couldn't hold it any longer. Wouldn't have done any good because she's stone deaf and wouldn't have known what I was saying anyway but I can tell you with certainty that having dog chit squished between your toes is NOT a good way to start your day off. sick
I hope this doesn't become a regular event but I can assure you that in the future I'll turn on the light in the hallway before I venture out to the coffee pot.

Was it warm or cold?

WTF bro? shocked

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
[Linked Image]

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I awoke the other morning to find the biggest damn as well strangest looking pile of poop I had ever seen in the middle of the bedroom floor. Big yaller lab was hanging his head in shame but I knew it wasn't really all his fault.

Turns out there must have been a black bear convention in the yard that night and he had gorged himself at the bear poop buffet while out takin' care of bidness.

Riding mower tires were covered with BP by the time I got done mowing. sick

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just some free advice.

And worth every penny!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

We have an old girl like that too.

When she's out, too blind to see me slapping a thigh trying to call her. Too deaf to hear me call her. And can barely get around to boot.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Don't tell me how to take care of my dogs and I won't tell you which gun to keep in the shower.

How's that sound Professor?

crazy laugh laugh laugh. Link to shower gun thread? Need a good chuckle.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7703844/1

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
you are a good man likewise Jim in Idaho. You can tell a lot about people by the way they treat their animals.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That is the main way I judge them!!

The foundation for old age is good memories.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I dread the day but will be their rock when the time comes.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WoodsStalker

Yep.....the way a man treats his dog will tell you all you need to know about him.

Cats are another story. smile

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
FieldGrade - my condolences you have to deal with this - but I consider it to be worthwhile.

(You may need to change your tag-line, though re: the smell! smile )

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I had to give my big dog another skunk bath about 2 weeks ago. Third time he's been sprayed in a year. It's a good time at 10pm

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
our Rosie is a rescued dog. i gave the ahole that had her a offer he couldn't refuse and he took it or i would be typing this on a prison computer. ( maybe not , the judge is a dog lover).
when we got Rosie and her sister Dazy you could not touch their heads, if you had anything in your hands they would cringe and belly crawl.
Rosie has turned into the most gentle and affectionate dog i have ever had. she has Mast cell carcinoma . we found several new tumors last night. not a happy day.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WoodsStalker

Yep.....the way a man treats his dog will tell you all you need to know about him.

Cats are another story. smile

yep- never had anything in common with those who hated dogs.

you'll laugh a year from now recollecting and miss his turds.

Been there a few times with old dogs and incontinence. I ve stepped in puppy [bleep] bare foot more than once

I used to laugh with my mom changing my Dad's diapers and cleaning him him up. later in his life when he had dementia and he was a Korean war vet and highly educated. You can laugh , get pissed off or cry. Life is full of uncomfortable and unexpected changes and have to roll with them with a sense of humor

deerstalker- been there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (338rcm, 1minute, 222Sako, 338reddog, 264magnum, 64 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.