Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
He's in fear for his life. And the lives of others.

Dave

If bullets are raining down on people and some one starts shooting, he damn well better be in fear for his life, as odds are some one will shoot him

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
He's in fear for his life. And the lives of others.

Dave

If bullets are raining down on people and some one starts shooting, he damn well better be in fear for his life, as odds are some one will shoot him

Friendly fire chance will be significantly reduced if you grab this windbreaker when you grab your rifle. Throwing the cap on, too, couldn't hurt.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Slavek

That happened in 60s of last century at University of Texas Austin where bunch of people engaged the shooter allowing police to get to him and to stop him. I think your country is too far gone for repeat of something like that.

Gee dumbfugk, that's only been mentioned three or four times already. Try reading. It might make you less stupid.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Well since we're discussing a situation that involved nobody returning fire I don't think that's very likely.

And as TRH said, keeping something like that with your truck gun is a very good idea. Mine says POLICE. I'm sure I could be charged with impersonating a police officer after the fact, but I really don't GAF.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by victoro
" I can do (rusty) CPR, heimlich, but am not qualified or trained to do a tracheotomy for instance. Same for bleeding."

If you don't know how to stop or slow down bleeding you need to take some first aid classes. You should also learn how to splint broken bones if you are a hunter.

Point taken. I was giving an instance where you need to use sense also.

I have taken first aid and carry a kit made for serious wounds, not one of those boxes of bandaids and an aspirin, when I go hunting. Even to the place of "learning" about sucking chest wounds and how to treat them. My point was that the course also taught to not go so far you are in over your head trying to do something. I do need to take a refresher.

IC B2

C
OP Offline
C
Kenny, I agree that it would be just good logic if we all did a re-up on the first aid courses and got ourselves wisely re-educated and also, catch up on new medical practices and treatments. Anyone that hunts in the mountains surely should.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I really have no interest in helping anyone, and I hate all things related to CPR. But if you can take an IFAK course, you'll find a lot of very good and simple information.

And part of that information is don't bother with any victims until you've eliminated the threat. Assuming you have the means to eliminate the threat.

Travis

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
smaller scale. law enforcement victims before and after the intervention by a good guy with, it appears, a 9mm handgun. another potential victim saved. 1994. St. Paul, MN.

http://www.shotinthedark.info/archives/005626.html

Last edited by Earls1st; 10/14/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mall Ninja would have stopped that schit quick

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
Mall Ninja would have stopped that schit quick

Don't you all wish that was the first(and last) post response?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well since we're discussing a situation that involved nobody returning fire I don't think that's very likely.

And as TRH said, keeping something like that with your truck gun is a very good idea. Mine says POLICE. I'm sure I could be charged with impersonating a police officer after the fact, but I really don't GAF.

Clark

Some one shooting back is exactly what was being discussed, and it doesn't matter much what it says on the side of your gun, if you were not in a LE uniform shooting in that situation woulda got your azz shot, more than likely.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In Texas they’d give the guy a lifetime supply of Lone Star beer and Texas BBQ plus lifetime tickets to Houston Astros games!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Some one shooting back is exactly what was being discussed, and it doesn't matter much what it says on the side of your gun, if you were not in a LE uniform shooting in that situation woulda got your azz shot, more than likely.

Ok.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Someone" not "some one"

They're gonna think we're f-in' stupid.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
lol

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Clark

Yup...that's why there aren't many heroes. (Except on the internet,)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
OP Offline
C
I notice that the armchair hero ratio is pretty high on forums of all types, especially chat rooms where the younger males prevail. At least as we age the need to be a big shot wears off, for most of us, at least. wink

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.