Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman
Code of Honor

Look, I'm getting rather tired with these callout threads. The link I just posted defines the correct method for gentlemen to settle their differences. It demeans the Campfire to have to suffer these uncouth callouts. Real men do it right. Download it. Read it.

Appoint your seconds and get it done.

Anything less is of no consequence to men of culture and refinement.

Also understand that I'm not encouraging the two of you shoot it out on some god-forsaken dueling ground. An actual duel is an ultimate failure of all involved. I am simply suggesting that there is a framework in place to settle these problems, and calling somebody out in a thread is not an effective way of doing it. Nobody gets satisfaction. Nothing is settled. The man who makes the callout is only showing himself as a lout.

Agreed.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hey squirreljizz it seems to me that Scott hurt your feelers..

Well...good for Scott. You seem to be a cum guzzler of the first order

Greg an I butted heads more than once, but he will definitely be missed here

You...not so much

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
squirrel, did you have a previous handle both here and on AR? And for the record, I think what you posted was out of line on that specific thread.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If you got the urge to do something.....just do it....

Why create subpoenable evidence along the trail.........

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Got it. What happened you needed to change handles? As to the latter, works for me here, on the other thread not so much. Personally, I would have refrained from comment, but that's just me.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
It appears Scott got bored with a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.

No, he's a coward.

Huh.......schit talk by a 'guy' who talks schit about those departed. I'm sure that's bothersome to Scott.

No, this is schitt talk in the form of a PM from the idiot Florida Gators fan with 88,000+ posts and no apparent life other than being on here 24 hours a day.

Is your wife still teaching your daughter how to handle n i g ger cock. I heard you video tape it.

The departed was a nasty old prik and Steelhead is a gutless coward who sent me a racist PM and then cuts and runs when I call him on it in a return PM. Loser. LOL.

You KNOW how to play the victim card and hit all the liberal 'buzz' words, I'll give you that much.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
It appears Scott got bored with a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.

No, he's a coward.

Huh.......schit talk by a 'guy' who talks schit about those departed. I'm sure that's bothersome to Scott.

No, this is schitt talk in the form of a PM from the idiot Florida Gators fan with 88,000+ posts and no apparent life other than being on here 24 hours a day.

Is your wife still teaching your daughter how to handle n i g ger cock. I heard you video tape it.

The departed was a nasty old prik and Steelhead is a gutless coward who sent me a racist PM and then cuts and runs when I call him on it in a return PM. Loser. LOL.

You KNOW how to play the victim card and hit all the liberal 'buzz' words, I'll give you that much.

Says the guy, who, when I sent you my address and phone asking you to back up your bullschitt you ran away like a little girl. You're a joke, you fat old fool. You're a clown.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I PM my contact info back to him including my address, home phone, cell phone, etc and I get this. LOL

Steelhead has removed themself from this topic.

What a frigging coward.

Seelhead. YOU ARE A COWARD.

Like I said in another thread, you smell like a POS

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grow the F@#% up.
What you said was uncalled for and you know it. Any sort of decent man understands that regardless of how you feel about someone, when they die you do not go and mouth off about them.
Have a bit of class and tact, there was absolutely no need for you to post in that thread at all, doing so and saying what you said just shows how shallow and immature you are, it does nothing to tarnish Gregs reputation and everything to destroy any sort of good rep you may have with others, even if they had agreed with you about Greg.

The original international turd
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by maarty
Grow the F@#% up.
What you said was uncalled for and you know it. Any sort of decent man understands that regardless of how you feel about someone, when they die you do not go and mouth off about them.
Have a bit of class and tact, there was absolutely no need for you to post in that thread at all, doing so and saying what you said just shows how shallow and immature you are, it does nothing to tarnish Gregs reputation and everything to destroy any sort of good rep you may have with others, even if they had agreed with you about Greg.

Go suck a dick. Greg was an azzhole.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 10/19/17.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Squirrelnut,

You are not the first person to butt heads with Scott, and you will not be the last. Scott may be many things to many people, but a coward he is not.

Lynn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grow the F@#% up.

Go suck a dick. Greg was an azzhole.

Ya know, I can see why Steelie would threaten you because with the attitude you've shown in the last half hour or so if you were in the same room as me you'd be bleeding by now. Someone should really pay you a visit and do what your parents should have done long ago, made you cut your own switch and whip your arse till you can't sit for a week.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Squirrelnut,

You are not the first person to butt heads with Scott, and you will not be the last. Scott may be many things to many people, but a coward he is not.

Lynn

Yes, he is. He has differences with me and chose to run rather than face up. He is a coward. A puzzy hiding behind a keyboard now depending on women to come to to his defense. What a friggin' loser. laugh

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 10/19/17.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy [bleep] talk about things escalating real quick around here..you all need to go to your corners and have a beer and [bleep] chill. [bleep]!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TFF.
The irony is overwhelming.
The only person you're telling to "Come teach you manners" on the other thread is ME! The only person on there who lives on the opposite side of the F@$!#!@ planet. Feel safe inviting someone who lives that far away to come give you a good thrashing like your daddy should have?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plane tickets from New Zealand to Georgia $800 bucks just checked... well boys looks like going to be a good ol fashion fisticuffs in Georgia this weekend..

Last edited by 79S; 10/19/17.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Squirrelnut, you are the perfect example of why Rick Binn had the foresight and good judgement to put the 'Ignore' feature on this web sight. Have a good day!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Mind you, after this thing with Crossfireops, I find myself wholly repugnant to this fellow. However, if I may address my various acquaintances here, you see a perfect example of ungentlemanly conduct.

To quote from the previously mentioned Code:

CHAPTER I.

The Person Insulted before Challenge Sent

1. Whenever you believe that you are insulted, if the insult be in public and by words or behavior, never resent it there, if you have self-command enough to avoid noticing it. If resented there, you offer an indignity to the company, which you should not.

2. If the insult be by blows or any personal indignity, it may be resented at the moment, for the insult to the com-
pany did not originate with you. But although resented at the moment, you are bound still to have satisfaction, and must
therefore make the demand.

3. When you believe yourself aggreived, be silent on the subject, speak to no one about the matter, and see your
friend, who is to act for you, as soon as possible.

4. Never send a challenge in the first instance, for that precludes all negotiation. Let your note be in the language of
a gentleman, and let the subject matter of complaint be truly and fairly set forth, cautiously avoiding attributing to the adverse party any improper motive.

5. When your second is in full possession of the facts, leave the whole matter to his judgment, and avoid any consultation w^ith him unless he seeks it. He has the custody of your honor, and by obeying him you cannot be compromitted.

6. Let the time of demand upon your adversary after the insult, be as short as possible, for he has the right to double that time in replying to you, unless you give him some good reason for your delay. Each party is entitled to reasonable time, to make the necessary domestic arrangements, by will or otherwise, before fighting.

7. To a written communication you are entitled to a written reply, and it is the business of your friend to require it.

Now some may say this is all terribly baroque and silly and antiquated. However, the important thing here is that, as a rule of gentlemanly behavior, no one should do these calling out threads on their own. Rather, they should find a person on the Campfire to act on their behalf. Furthermore, unless you're willing to put your butt on the line, and really do what is required, there really is no point in calling someone out in the first place. You can't really call someone a coward if you, yourself are unwilling to stand at 20 paces and take the other guy's shot. This is what it's about, now isn't it? Anything else is just noise.

Am I looking for bloodshed? Of course not. However, if we do not keep in mind what is truly gentlemanly behavior, we end up with this kind of crap in our face every day.

Is there a time and place for calling someone out? Yes, but only if The Code has been followed. That is, if A takes issue with B, and A sends a second to B and so on . . . and somewhere in all this A or B breaks the rules of The Code, then the other party has the option of making public notice. Back in the day, it usually meant putting a notice in the newspaper of record stating the nature of the offense and making a declaration that the other fellow was a dastard, a coward, a cheat or a lout.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shaman
Mind you, after this thing with Crossfireops, I find myself wholly repugnant to this fellow. However, if I may address my various acquaintances here, you see a perfect example of ungentlemanly conduct.

To quote from the previously mentioned Code:

CHAPTER I.

The Person Insulted before Challenge Sent

1. Whenever you believe that you are insulted, if the insult be in public and by words or behavior, never resent it there, if you have self-command enough to avoid noticing it. If resented there, you offer an indignity to the company, which you should not.

2. If the insult be by blows or any personal indignity, it may be resented at the moment, for the insult to the com-
pany did not originate with you. But although resented at the moment, you are bound still to have satisfaction, and must
therefore make the demand.

3. When you believe yourself aggreived, be silent on the subject, speak to no one about the matter, and see your
friend, who is to act for you, as soon as possible.

4. Never send a challenge in the first instance, for that precludes all negotiation. Let your note be in the language of
a gentleman, and let the subject matter of complaint be truly and fairly set forth, cautiously avoiding attributing to the adverse party any improper motive.

5. When your second is in full possession of the facts, leave the whole matter to his judgment, and avoid any consultation w^ith him unless he seeks it. He has the custody of your honor, and by obeying him you cannot be compromitted.

6. Let the time of demand upon your adversary after the insult, be as short as possible, for he has the right to double that time in replying to you, unless you give him some good reason for your delay. Each party is entitled to reasonable time, to make the necessary domestic arrangements, by will or otherwise, before fighting.

7. To a written communication you are entitled to a written reply, and it is the business of your friend to require it.

Now some may say this is all terribly baroque and silly and antiquated. However, the important thing here is that, as a rule of gentlemanly behavior, no one should do these calling out threads on their own. Rather, they should find a person on the Campfire to act on their behalf. Furthermore, unless you're willing to put your butt on the line, and really do what is required, there really is no point in calling someone out in the first place. You can't really call someone a coward if you, yourself are unwilling to stand at 20 paces and take the other guy's shot. This is what it's about, now isn't it? Anything else is just noise.

Am I looking for bloodshed? Of course not. However, if we do not keep in mind what is truly gentlemanly behavior, we end up with this kind of crap in our face every day.

Is there a time and place for calling someone out? Yes, but only if The Code has been followed. That is, if A takes issue with B, and A sends a second to B and so on . . . and somewhere in all this A or B breaks the rules of The Code, then the other party has the option of making public notice. Back in the day, it usually meant putting a notice in the newspaper of record stating the nature of the offense and making a declaration that the other fellow was a dastard, a coward, a cheat or a lout.

There is a problem with this in that the code was written for Gentlemen to follow. This Squirrel boy is not a gentleman.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
[
There is a problem with this in that the code was written for Gentlemen to follow. This Squirrel boy is not a gentleman.

You are correct. However, this is a matter that we as gentlemen need to address. In a lot of ways, Rick has given us a savage virgin world by not doing much policing. This is precisely the forge necessary tempering a gentleman. We need to address this and do so in a gentlemanly manner.

Off the top of my head, the best thing I can come up with is shunning. Putting a fellow on Ignore pretty well does it, and if enough people do it at the same time, it sends a pretty significant message.

I do not claim to be an expert on gentlemanly behavior. I've known some supreme gentlemen in my life. However, I'd be the last to say that I am in their ranks. There are enough men here of good upbringing and demeanor that we should be able to assemble a body of their ranks to discuss this and find a satisfactory solution.

What we need is a Committee of Corespondence on the subject.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,761
Posts18,495,528
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.