Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Another 24hourcampfire pull out your dick and brag about beating the [bleep] out of your gun thread..... .[bleep] is so ridiculous.
Between the internet and reality television, the average American has lost touch with reality. Millionaires claiming oppression, cops in full tactical gear and hunters pretending the 100yd walk to the elevated heated deer blind is main Street Fallujah.

I'm just reporting on the scope and how it performs. I try not to abuse stuff but it will get some atv boot time on rough limestone mountain trails and it's going to get hit more than a few times being carried up mountain sides....it's just going to be used.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Another 24hourcampfire pull out your dick and brag about beating the [bleep] out of your gun thread..... .[bleep] is so ridiculous.
Between the internet and reality television, the average American has lost touch with reality. Millionaires claiming oppression, cops in full tactical gear and hunters pretending the 100yd walk to the elevated heated deer blind is main Street Fallujah.

So you're saying that a scope shouldn't hold zero if it is leaned against a tailgate or tree and slides off...?

If toasters offered the same performance as most scopes they'd be extinct. But an aiming device that doesn't stay zeroed- perfectly ok.

Since it is possible to make scopes work correctly, I'll take those.

Im saying the average poster on here doesn't need their scope to be able to withstand being thrown down on concrete six times. Big difference between that and a gun leaned against a tree falling over. Which has happened to me a few times. I haven't let my gun fly off the back of an ATV, out the window of my truck, dropped it off a cliff or fall off my tractor multiple times like has been posted here.
My guns are TOOLS, and treated as such. As someone that makes his livelihood WITH tools, I take the best care I can to keep them from being damaged and use them with proper respect. If I see a guy using my tools/equipment with disregard he and I are going to have a problem.
A riflescope should be able to with stand a tip over, an ATV ride, being bounced/beat around etc...and still hold zero. I don't expect it to with stand being thrown down on concrete six times in order to quantify it as OK to use.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Your either drunk, a female that thinks emotionally, a Democrat or your a shill that works for Tract. Nightforce does such a test, the SWFA scopes pass such tests, many have been burned by the low wisdom your offering. Yes I am considering buying a Tract, and it is reasonable after years of the lies that pass for marketing from the gold ring people to expect the scope to stay zeroed if you drop it. My question should have been “tell us how it’s tested, or post a video like the NF toss the scope video. Then back on track, tell us how many of their scope you own and let’s see your review.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you're saying that a scope shouldn't hold zero if it is leaned against a tailgate or tree and slides off...?

If toasters offered the same performance as most scopes they'd be extinct. But an aiming device that doesn't stay zeroed- perfectly ok.

Im saying the average poster on here doesn't need their scope to be able to withstand being thrown down on concrete six times. Big difference between that and a gun leaned against a tree falling over. Which has happened to me a few times. I haven't let my gun fly off the back of an ATV, out the window of my truck, dropped it off a cliff or fall off my tractor multiple times like has been posted here.
My guns are TOOLS, and treated as such. As someone that makes his livelihood WITH tools, I take the best care I can to keep them from being damaged and use them with proper respect. If I see a guy using my tools/equipment with disregard he and I are going to have a problem.
A riflescope should be able to with stand a tip over, an ATV ride, being bounced/beat around etc...and still hold zero. I don't expect it to with stand being thrown down on concrete six times in order to quantify it as OK to use.

Pretty sure this is commentary on you more than anything. Believe it or not, there are people on this site, and more a few responding to you, that actually use their tools to do what they were supposed to do - function correctly. It takes more than a bit of effort to consistently kill game - baited hunting excluded. Show me a guy with newer looking "tools" and I'll show you a guy that doesn't use them much. Did a header into a boulder several years ago while dragging a big 8 pt down a mountain here in east TN. Rifle hit muzzle first, then both of us slid along the rock until hitting the ground. Might be more than a few beauty marks on that rifle. Killed a bull in Colorado a few years back. Took me all day to get my elk to the top of the canyon. Rifle strapped to my back and rubbed on the horns. Might be a few beauty marks there.

My equipment looks used after a single hunting season - be it boots, guns, clothes, optics. I buy quality gear and use it to its potential. The upside is that you'll get more for your rifle when you sell it than I will

Last edited by bwinters; 10/20/17.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've been having a rough morning, this one made my day, I can't stop laughing and regardless of what side of whatever we are arguing about, this is some funny [bleep] right here.

Humor = Tragedy + Time/Space

Happy Friday Ya'll

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unfortunately,18 MOA isn't much of a fhuqking "test" and is but half an MQ's windshield of opportunity. Hint.

For conversation,this platforms grants 25+ Mils on tap to it's zero stop. For even more conversation,there are 35+ Mils total available,if one "counts" the windshield and I sure as fhuqk do. Hint.

Sooooo...the reticle alone grants 1150yds of ele opportunity,assumin' a 147 ELD at 2700fps(which I shoot in a coupla Kreedmires) and a 225yd zero. 5 Mils of wind covers a 20mph full value impetus at the 1275yd line or 10mph full value at the 2100yd line. That's fairly flexible,for a scope you are gonna look through to use anyhow. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Got a new Fieldcraft Kreedmire,6x MQ,Talley 20MOA 1913 rail,Alpha brass and 'Horn rings waiting at the house. Mebbe I'll shoot some video.(grin)

But please understand,that I'm talking Safe Queen schit,that doesn't get used,see any weather,nor any rounds whistled through 'em. Laughing!

Picture found arbitrarily,while Googlin' the Interweb. I always wanted a knife.(grin)

[Linked Image]

I've never had a mounting system that was "too tough",a scope that held zero "too well",tracked "too well",a rifle that was "too accurate","too reliable" or "too light"...though I'd giver 'em all a whirl. The TRACT bullschit is a fhuqking joke,by literal design,because Clueless Dumbfhuqks are designing the Goat Fhuqks,based on their "knowledge"."experience" and "results". It's all a hilarious ruse,swooned by them who "do" the least and fhuqking funnier than schit,start to finish.

Folks who "know" that "much" will always be best served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers"...but the attempts are fhuqking HILARIOUS. I get it,that nobody gets it and that is the ONLY reason this schit is funny. Hint.

Thinkin' it'll prolly be a Kreedmire year and more than a few Fieldcrafts will get some air time and the 6X MQ will be a constant theme,if only because it has no equal. Hint.

The astute will more than savvy the appeal of a scope,designed to steer boolits,instead of steering Window Lickers. For an extry WHOLE 2-fhuqking ounces,I can reap an etched reticle that'll steer any boolit,at any speed,in any atmosphere,upon a known lineal scale,that jives it's erector. It also houses 2.5x more erector travel than the dismal TRACT attempt and it's an intellesting Dichotomoy,that I can have 2.5 good scopes,for the price of (1) schitty TRACT.

As an aside,this is better than an 18 MOA correction(147/Kreedmire/Fieldcraft/900yds)...though barely gets the platform outta 1st gear. No thang to do so on the windshield or the erector,unless one wishes to do portions of both,which is equally as easy.

Nothing To It With A Scope That Steers Boolits

Film at 11:00.

GOOD talk.

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep, 18 MOA is only 18 MOA but it will work for the hunting I do as long as it's exact and repeatable...and holds up.

Don't be a tease now....why you covering up the knife?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag

Last edited by screaminweasil; 10/20/17. Reason: F..........
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Your either drunk, a female that thinks emotionally, a Democrat or your a shill that works for Tract. Nightforce does such a test, the SWFA scopes pass such tests, many have been burned by the low wisdom your offering. Yes I am considering buying a Tract, and it is reasonable after years of the lies that pass for marketing from the gold ring people to expect the scope to stay zeroed if you drop it. My question should have been “tell us how it’s tested, or post a video like the NF toss the scope video. Then back on track, tell us how many of their scope you own and let’s see your review.

This from some [bleep] retard that starts a thread about hunting deer with a 1911 and the umpteenth stupid [bleep] post about Glock Vs. 1911... which is better.....?
I own zero Tract's you dipshit. I did have the one that's floating around the membership to test for a few months and wasn't very impressed with the reticle. I have 3 Zeiss conquests, at least 20 Leupold Vari-X/VX 2 & 3's, mark 4's, Nikon pre monarch, burris fullfield and mini's, Denver Redfields and 4 SWFA milquad 6x and 10x's.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bwinters

Pretty sure this is commentary on you more than anything. Believe it or not, there are people on this site, and more a few responding to you, that actually use their tools to do what they were supposed to do - function correctly. It takes more than a bit of effort to consistently kill game - baited hunting excluded. Show me a guy with newer looking "tools" and I'll show you a guy that doesn't use them much. Did a header into a boulder several years ago while dragging a big 8 pt down a mountain here in east TN. Rifle hit muzzle first, then both of us slid along the rock until hitting the ground. Might be more than a few beauty marks on that rifle. Killed a bull in Colorado a few years back. Took me all day to get my elk to the top of the canyon. Rifle strapped to my back and rubbed on the horns. Might be a few beauty marks there.

My equipment looks used after a single hunting season - be it boots, guns, clothes, optics. I buy quality gear and use it to its potential. The upside is that you'll get more for your rifle when you sell it than I will

Im betting the closest you've been to a tool is at Lowe's on sunday with the old lady picking out a new patio set. And if you want to talk about commentary about someone.... falling down the side of a mountain in Dollywood with a 90 pound "8" point is pretty good commentary on how [bleep] uncoordinated and clumsy you are. If you think deep dark Tennessee is the testing ground to test all this quality gear to it's potential, then you probably shouldn't participate in fall cleanup out in the backyard for fear of tripping and impaling yourself on the rake handle. It's ok to live vicariously through the tales of the folks who actually live the [bleep], but don't bullshit yourself into believing it's happening in Tennessee.

There are a few folks on here like Formidilosus and Stick who actually put the hours and miles in and need the durability you're whining about but you aint one of em and neither am I or most other guys on here. At least I'm honest about it.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/20/17.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right. I'll keep that in mind.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I always wanted a knife.(grin)

Me too.

Ghetto fabulous 350-400 yard sniper chit....
(from last year, season opens tomorrow)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/20/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love this thread:)

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
tag for future reference

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Me too.

[Linked Image]

Tennessee?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Me too.

[Linked Image]

How's the warne mountain Tech's doing Sam? Thinking they'd be a nice substitute for Talley LW's on a couple Montana's.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Tennessee?

Yep!

grin

Jack, they appear to be well made. The lunker Toric wouldn't fit the previously used low Talleys(and 6x36LR Leupold) so the switch made sense.

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/20/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jimmyp

This from some [bleep] retard that starts a thread about hunting deer with a 1911 and the umpteenth stupid [bleep] post about Glock Vs. 1911... which is better.....?
I own zero Tract's you dipshit. I did have the one that's floating around the membership to test for a few months and wasn't very impressed with the reticle. I have 3 Zeiss conquests, at least 20 Leupold Vari-X/VX 2 & 3's, mark 4's, Nikon pre monarch, burris fullfield and mini's, Denver Redfields and 4 SWFA milquad 6x and 10x's.

Well I rest my case, you act like an emotional little girl that just got her feelings hurt. What’s funny is that you are not intelligent enough to have a discussion on the subject and yet call others retarded. I should have known when I saw you were from western VA. I do see you have at least as you say examined a Tract scope, but like anything else you have said, taken with a grain of salt. Like Stick said, no one wants mounts that are less stable, or a scope that is less durable.

Interesting you have nothing of value to offer to the conversation and that you get emotional if someone discusses testing in a certain way, then blather away with profanity further cementing your IQ profile. You have much bigger problems to deal with than a riflescope discussion. Have a nice day!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Me too.

[Linked Image]

Which Tract scope is that on the Kimber?

Molan Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Yep, 18 MOA is only 18 MOA but it will work for the hunting I do as long as it's exact and repeatable...and holds up.

Exactamundo.

Very few need the kind of windshield the SS has for hunting, but everybody need to be able to see what they're aiming with, and at, and accurate, solid adjustments.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.