Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
So how many other guys have gotten the same lie from this guy that the money they sent him for die sets has not been received? I have had 3 other guys contact me asking if I had heard anything and of course I have not. Who else has been shafted by this guy?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are welcome to call my local Sheriff and ask about me. While you are at it call the police departments around me. I worked for and with most of them in my 32 years as an LEO. I'm not about to besmirch that reputation.

I have sent out every item I have received payment for! Our post office is the pits and mail to here is always slower than elsewhere for whatever reason. Which is why I mail from a different one than delivers my mail.

If you or anyone else wishes to back out of the transactions, just let me know. I will return your payment as soon as it gets here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This should be lively.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't have a dog in this fight, but did you get tracking on the payment you sent to him or have evidence of the money order being cashed? If not, then you have no way of knowing if he actually received it.

I've had mail take weeks for a simple letter. Things happen. In fact, a guy here on the fire who I knew from another forum bought a scope from me last year. I sent it out right away as I had no qualms about him paying. Mailed on Thursday, he got it on Saturday...just two business days for delivery. But it took 18 business days from the post mark for his payment to go from Georgia to TX. (That's why I prefer PayPal ).

S
SEM Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I do have a dog in this fight, terrible analogy but, An explanation of poor mail service at first request would of been appreciated and understood.

Bobby thanks for the sage advice, Going to use the 25-35 this coming weekend my daughter decided its time for a deer.

Sunny

if you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep. PayPal is the way to go. I've had similar issues with the post office.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take this as a lesson and learn from it EVERYBODY.

If you send payment in the mail it is YOUR responsibility to not cheap out and just purchase tracking. Then you know when it is delivered. It's not the sellers responsibility to inform you 7 times a day if your payment made it or not since the last time you spoke. Because when the mail messes up--as its prone to--it becomes a he said he said game. When there is no reason for it.

So to recap. Buyer is calling seller a scammer because they saved $0.60-$.055 when they mailed out the payment. That's what is happening in this thread.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BachelorJack
Take this as a lesson and learn from it EVERYBODY.

If you send payment in the mail it is YOUR responsibility to not cheap out and just purchase tracking. Then you know when it is delivered. It's not the sellers responsibility to inform you 7 times a day if your payment made it or not since the last time you spoke. Because when the mail messes up--as its prone to--it becomes a he said he said game. When there is no reason for it.

So to recap. Buyer is calling seller a scammer because they saved $0.60-$.055 when they mailed out the payment. That's what is happening in this thread.

I remember why I have you on Ignore, as you had some [bleep] ups in the classifieds.

There's the way MEN do it and then there is the way the rest of you do it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sunny,

Good point made. My apologies to all for not giving that info up front. I will include that in my future posts.

Andre`

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got the 2 sets of dies I ordered from him. Took a few days till he got them shipped but they came.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Got my dies also from lkydvl, thanks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I remember why I have you on Ignore, as you had some [bleep] ups in the classifieds.

What the [bleep] are you talking about?

My idea that you need to be able to account for your payment until it actually reaches the person you send it to makes me worth having on ignore?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I sent a sight back to Spot Hogg, sent it priority Mail, purchased insurance for tracking purposes. Their tracking system absolutely sucks.
In talking to them about multiple false tracking updates, I was told many of their tracking updates are system generated about things that should happen, not what has happened.
USPS lady told me the only way to know where something was was to have it registered mail and then a signature is trackable throughout the process. It may take awhile, but apparently the only way to know where your package is.
Paypal, Fedex or others for me for the forseeable future.

Keep Smiling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I lived in Enterprise, AL, our mail was slow as h e l l. Anything I sold online, after I emailed my address, I told them that it took longer for me to receive mail than anywhere else I had lived.

But, I always let them know when payment showed up and when the item went out.

Soooo glad to be out of AL.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Weird, got the OP on ignore. That is solely reserved for scammers, whiners and Larry R. Oh, and one KKK guy. Can't recall what is was...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Received two USPS MOs in the mail today. One from Mark Schubert and the other from Hammer47.

Both have been contacted. Schubert had already sent alternative payment and his dies were shipped.

I've offered Hammer47 a refund or the dies, his choice.

While I deserve an apology from Hammer47, I'm not holding my breath.

Just thought you folks should know the results.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well, he may not apologize, but I will say I’m sorry you were treated that way. I usually use PP F&F for small purchases, hell on real small amounts I’ve sent well concealed cash and figured if the guy said he didn’t get it I’d just send it again. Before I called someone a scammer on a money order sent without tracking number, I’d at least go to the USPS website to see if the money order was even cashed.

https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by BachelorJack
Originally Posted by Steelhead

What the [bleep] are you talking about?

My idea that you need to be able to account for your payment until it actually reaches the person you send it to makes me worth having on ignore?

Don’t take it personal old steelhead’s a keyboard badass do nothing pos.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
GoodGuy you seem....

Originally Posted by lkydvl
Received two USPS MOs in the mail today. One from Mark Schubert and the other from Hammer47.

Both have been contacted. Schubert had already sent alternative payment and his dies were shipped.

I've offered Hammer47 a refund or the dies, his choice.

While I deserve an apology from Hammer47, I'm not holding my breath.

Just thought you folks should know the results.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have been contacted by lkydvl, re: the double payment (I replaced with a check - then the MO arrived) - I've been informed by "The Warden" that there is a package in the office, for me, from MN.
I'm calling the matter resolved to my satisfaction - this isn't the 1st time I've had a problem traced to the USPS. smile

Patience can be a virtue - I will state what happens, or the current state, but sometimes "stuff" happens - as DANNYL and I discovered. (That one took a LOT of patience) smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,781
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.