Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have visited a 'few' that were nearing the end...... for ME!

I do not enjoy seeing people suffer or die, I have seen both.

MOST of the people that I have visited near the end, I visited for THEM.

I am not yet ready to go, there some things I want/need to get done, things to see.

I know that I am going to go! I am good with that.

I don't think that I want to go slowly, cold and alone.............

I assume most don't either...........so I visit them for THEM!

IMHO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know FB you might be on to something.

Maybe this is Squirrelnut's way of dealing with Greg's death, he just can't deal with the loss so he does what he does...........Makes sense.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Forgiveness isn't about letting someone off the hook for something they've done, it's about you letting go of your hurt and getting on with life, free of the anger.
The person who has hurt you doesn't even need to know that you have chosen to forgive them, because it's not about them, it's about you and your health.

Ed

Exactly, carrying a load of anger around will get heavy on the mind & soul...dump that chiit and move on, even if that means pissing on their grave to settle matters.

My 1 biological grandfather is a POS, he'd have been dead long ago by my hand if it wasn't for my Mother's stern words...wife beating, child beating, drunkard, cheating, worthless and mean human being. We disowned his azz years ago, always trying to come around for attention and family. He's dead now and hopefully paying the reaper for his vile and cruel ways...no one went to his funeral, no one sent flowers, no loved ones to miss him.

We all get what we deserve in the end, one way or another.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i given i have worked in a retirement area for about 40years, plus my own family, have come to understand there is no commonality among how people deal with grief. Some people try to avoid it, some bottle it up, some are cracking up.
I have seen all types of behavior when people pass.
some are pretty easy to see they are shallow, self centered, don't give a poop.
i have seen this in brother and sister, one caring the other mostly concerned about the check.
But i like some have mentioned, was taught not to speak ill of the dead. Also to stand there and do what you can with the survivors.
I am attending more and more funerals, reflective of my age.
what is sad, is to sit in an almost empty church, a funeral for a classmate, delayed victim of vietnam, and the few other people as you talk
to them say they were there because they were afraid no body would be there, and that's not right.
I figure at that point what ever their sins are, they are probably talking about them in a different venue.
aint up to me at that point.
geez, i had a 95year old client dieing in a hospital one time. He asked me if God had forgiven him for cheating on his wife one time in 1943. She certainly made him pay for it every year after.
my comment to henry was, i don't think given the quality of your life you led, something in 1943 is gonna influence the books.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I agree that we should treat each other with respect sometimes in life we have fights, quarrels and disagreements and sometimes things get out of hand or disrespectful but that doesn’t mean that you hate or dislike the person. I’ve been an ass many times and I’ve been displeased with myself for the way I acted, in most cases that I regretted I later apologized. People have been an ass to me but that doesn’t mean I dislike them or hate them. We’re all human and we all screw up sometimes but it’s how we forgive and move on that makes us better people. I try to not carry grudges and let my emotions get in the way of my interactions but sometimes I fall short and disappoint myself but that doesn’t stop me from trying to be better.

Some of the roughest and most surly men I’ve known were some of the kindest and most gentle souls in the purest sense. Like Scott said the funeral is for the living and the memories recalled are for those that care. Speaking ill of the dead is just poor form and low class for all but the worst of the worst. I don’t know what could be said of the departed that would change a single thing other than to show the lack of respectability of the speaker.

Like others have said I’ve been to funerals where IDGAF about the deceased but I cared a lot about those that loved him.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I must not have worded this right.

I'm asking why we don't treat each other better while we're alive? Why wait until someone dies to say something nice? By the time they're gone, you're pissing up a rope and you are the one left with a heavy heart for not having done some nice gesture while you had the chance.

How many guys wished they had met Greg? How many regret that there was hard feelings between them? All it would take is two people to make the choice to make it right while there's life left to live. After death, there's just regrets if not done.

I used my family to illustrate the point. I'm not trying to start anything here. Just a simple question, why don't we treat each other better today, while we still can? I guess it's about our ability to forgive ultimately.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Because some people ain't worth treating better.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I agree with you Scott, but I don't think most fall into that category.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Keeping your own counsel solves all the problems associated with 'why' when it concerns others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a great uncle that was a crooked old SOB. He had cheated just about everybody who had ever done business with him, and along the way had amassed a lot of land. His kids wouldn't go against him because they were afraid they'd be kicked out of his will. Several years before his death, he and I had a falling out over a piece of farm equipment, that he priced to me for one price, then tried to double it when I went to pay for it. That was last straw for me, as there had been other instances as well. Anyway, when he died, the family asked me to be a pallbearer. I wanted badly to tell them just what I thought, but I took the high road, and am glad I did. I was nice, acted as though I cared about their loss, and remained friends with them. Behind the scenes, I considered his passing to be about damn time the old goat left this world and ceased screwing people. Of course, I kept those thoughts to myself, which is probably the best thing one should do, all things being considered.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Keeping your own counsel solves all the problems associated with 'why' when it concerns others.

Scott, your very first post towards me was to STFU, so there's no room for you to be critical. You cook your own goose from what I've seen. Regardless, i don't know you and wish you no ill will, although my patience has worn thin with your mouth many times.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/20/17.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50
Start an atonement post for defending squirrelnuts huh? Congrats fiireball2 on finally reaching 25k plus post and gaining official orifice status.....

Squirrelnut didn't start it with the dearly departed, the dearly departed did. I've never seen any point in saying nice things about someone in death you didn't like that you wouldn't say about them in life so I don't. I don't wish the guy ill at this point but I don't miss him, either. I hope he is at peace.

Lay off Fireball, he's a thoughtful person with a good heart and it took guts to post some of things he's posted considering the mob mentality that permeates this place and his knowing he would be attacked.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Scott, your very post towards me was to STFU, so there's no room for you to be critical. You cook your own goose from what I've seen. Regardless, i don't know you and wish you no ill will, although my patience has worn thin with your mouth many times.

Once again, reading comprehension and IQ are tripping you up before you get to the first turn.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Start an atonement post for defending squirrelnuts huh? Congrats fiireball2 on finally reaching 25k plus post and gaining official orifice status.....

Squirrelnut didn't start it with the dearly departed, the dearly departed did. I've never seen any point in saying nice things about someone in death you didn't like that you wouldn't say about them in life so I don't. I don't wish the guy ill at this point but I don't miss him, either. I hope he is at peace.

Lay off Fireball, he's a thoughtful person with a good heart and it took guts to post some of things he's posted considering the mob mentality that permeates this place and his knowing he would be attacked.

We need a Victims Forum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Just a simple question, why don't we treat each other better today, while we still can?

I think it's up to each of us as individuals to ask ourselves "why don't we I treat each others better today, while we I still can?"

Your original question makes me think of those spoof videos of cowboys on horses trying to herd cats. I think it all boils down to the fact that it's all we can do individually to tend our own mittens.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All folk are due a graveside toast. With some folks, it is the good stuff, others it is just light beer, and for some you filter it through your kidneys first. But they all wait for the dirt to stop moving.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

We need a Victims Forum.

No shyt.... I have gotten into more scraps on this site than I can even begin to remember. And neither me nor anyone else has come out of them none the worse for the wear.....Tito get me a tissue... cry cry cry

Last edited by renegade50; 10/20/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never seen any point in saying nice things about someone in death you didn't like that you wouldn't say about them in life so I don't.

You can live up to that without compromising your principles by saying nothing derogatory about the person at a time when those who liked him are all trying to get their heads around the fact that he's gone. Sometimes what you don't say is even more important than what you DO say.

You have every right to feel the way you do about the man, and I daresay you have the right to say what you please. But just because you CAN say or do something does not make it the best course of action. Your words hurt a lot of people you probably didn't mean to hurt, at least in the beginning. In your persistence you hurt yourself.

I don't know you, but I take you to be a young fellow. Learn from your mistake. Make amends. That's the mark of a man.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

there is a lot of truth to that, particularly some of my relatives.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Layoff Fireball..........bwahahahahahhahanaha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 50 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,989
Posts18,481,059
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.