Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deerstalker
JSTUART, surely you are referring to the REMLINS not the JM Marlins?

and Gus, you really need to take your meds, these fragmented posts are perplexing. contrary to what you seem to think your thoughts are Not monitored by everyone else on the Urth.

Well, if it looks like a Mattel Toy stuck up the bum of the Pony Express then you are probably right.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
The unions brought better working conditions, but are pricing themselves out of existence forcing companies to move to right to work states.

Union dues have lined many business agents pockets, workers left with little or no pension.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

and Gus, you really need to take your meds, these fragmented posts are perplexing. contrary to what you seem to think your thoughts are Not monitored by everyone else on the Urth.

laugh

Really!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
for anyone interested in the mundane & esoteric, there's a neat little book written by one of the great worldly philosophers named EF Shumacher. you might remember his little tome entitled Small is Beautiful.

but, i'm referring to another of his little writings, entitled a Guide for the Perplexed. it's not for everyone, so hopefully everyone won't bother to read it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
...You could buy a Chevy Cruz? maybe this year. That little car. Supposed to have a small diesel.

I had to go puke my guts out after reading that...

Gordon, what have I done to you to warrant that reply? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Well, if it looks like a Mattel Toy stuck up the bum of the Pony Express then you are probably right.

I think you're thinking of the wrong company. The one you loathe is the MOSSBERG creation, not the Remlins, which still look like Marlins, not the half AR/ half levergun you're describing
I share your loathing, it's a hideous thing. Then again, most Mossbergs are a crapfest anyway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gus
for anyone interested in the mundane & esoteric, there's a neat little book written by one of the great worldly philosophers named EF Shumacher. you might remember his little tome entitled Small is Beautiful.

but, i'm referring to another of his little writings, entitled a Guide for the Perplexed. it's not for everyone, so hopefully everyone won't bother to read it.

That's the philosophy of "Less is More".

No, it is not, it is LESS.

Words mean things, regardless of what some halfwit philosopher tries to push off on others.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

I think you're thinking of the wrong company. The one you loathe is the MOSSBERG creation, not the Remlins, which still look like Marlins, not the half AR/ half levergun you're describing
I share your loathing, it's a hideous thing. Then again, most Mossbergs are a crapfest anyway.

I shall take your word for it as neither are something I am interested in, what does amuse me is that you recognised the description and share the antipathy.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Gus

That's the philosophy of "Less is More".

No, it is not, it is LESS.

Words mean things, regardless of what some halfwit philosopher tries to push off on others.

your words are true in every respect, or at least i'm in agreement with them at any rate.

at any given moment, the total output of the earth in all respects divided by the total human population gives us per capita output. we can argue about the total output, we can argue about the exact correct population, but it's much more difficult to argue against the theorem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by rem141r
in light of lack of direction in the OP, i would like to steer this into a union bashing thread if we could please.

forgive me please, but i thought i had at least hinted at a direction when i mentioned looking east toward china.

That meets all the criteria for orientation.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Gus
in light of lack of direction in the OP, i would like to steer this into a union bashing thread if we could please.

forgive me please, but i thought i had at least hinted at a direction when i mentioned looking east toward china.

That meets all the criteria for orientation.

Sycamore

yes, yes. or i could have just as easily suggested looking west toward china. that probably would have been equally true. at any rate, they're out there on a big continent connected to india, the middle east, russia and finally europe. and so it is. we're over "here" and here includes us, canada, mexico, a slew of central americans, and south america.

but, i opened this thread to speak of austraila, another penal colony as was georgia. they're no longer building cars, times are a-changin according to ole Bob.

they'll still be buying their ground transportation from somebody as normal attrition occurs....kangaroos, drunk drivers, wear & tear, wildfire... they'll need vehicles, but from who & where? how best to minimize shipping costs..??

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Actually everything started to go to sheet when they gave up their guns. Unions suck to.

Oh shoot...does that mean I have to give up my firearms, guess someone forgot to tell me.

Hand your BRNOs over please! Can I send you my address by pm? I’ll be charitable and split the shipping with you!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Actually everything started to go to sheet when they gave up their guns. Unions suck to.

Oh shoot...does that mean I have to give up my firearms, guess someone forgot to tell me.

Hand your BRNOs over please! Can I send you my address by pm? I’ll be charitable and split the shipping with you!

Thank you very much for your kind offer, but I regret that I feel bound to retain such marvels as they were extremely difficult to procure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Wtxj
...You could buy a Chevy Cruz? maybe this year. That little car. Supposed to have a small diesel.

I had to go puke my guts out after reading that...

Gordon, what have I done to you to warrant that reply? grin

Ed

Good answer Ed. I had read in the newspaper an article about that little Chevy that's coming out for 2018. Only reason.
Let's look into the future (2018) and see if we can get a small group together of BP metallic cartridge people?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like Gus threads.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I like Gus threads.

why, thank you! i do my best to keep the cost down to a manageable level.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by hanco
The unions brought better working conditions, but are pricing themselves out of existence forcing companies to move to right to work states.

Union dues have lined many business agents pockets, workers left with little or no pension.

Not to mention the mobsters.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If we keep sending more wealth out than we receive, eventually, we will be producing those cars for the Chinese. We will be the third world people working for rice and beans.

History is full of amazing Empires that fall to nothing.
We have a wealthy class that will do anything for mone, and they have enough that they will always be safe.
We have a parasite class that sucks the middle class dry.

And NO ONE seems to care.

You’re 3.5 bubbles off full plumb!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
A friend of my FIL has a v8 Ford ute in New Zealand. Its pretty neat, but very expensive to run.

Aussie and Kiwi motorheads have always been more like American gearheads than the Poms.

The Aussies especially had a great love affair with the V8. When we were stuffing big blocks into anything with wheels they were lusting after the chev 350 or maybe a Ford Cleveland. Not sure if they had the Cleveland or not though.

I have to hand it to those guys.......they have always had higher gas prices than we have.

While the poms were painting their Lotus racing green the southern boys were driving big Fords and Rovers.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How can they sleep while their beds are burning?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.