Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 38 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 37 38
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Unfortunately as stated here already we were not able to recover Gracie, while waiting for permission to access the property, the fiduciary who knew we wanted Gracie decided to dispose of her instead. I know this person needed the place sanitized to do their job... but damn it we were ready would have taken care of it.

Greg's ex has been contacted and given some possible name/names as to the nephew and possible sister in law, which have yet to pan out.

There are some real good guys here working on Greg's behalf, this will take time I'm sure. I'm relaying what I know as far as facts.

Examiner's report probably won't be out for weeks.

Kent

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
thank you for the update. speculation can & does run wild in a vacuum. thanks for keeping the rdrshp informed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by krp
Unfortunately as stated here already we were not able to recover Gracie, while waiting for permission to access the property, the fiduciary who knew we wanted Gracie decided to dispose of her instead. I know this person needed the place sanitized to do their job... but damn it we were ready would have taken care of it.

Greg's ex has been contacted and given some possible name/names as to the nephew and possible sister in law, which have yet to pan out.

There are some real good guys here working on Greg's behalf, this will take time I'm sure. I'm relaying what I know as far as facts.

Kent

Thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Thanks.

Yes, Ken. Thanks for being there for all of us as well as on Greg's behalf.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I have been ineffective as chit besides giving the examiner some small info and finding out the funeral home. Otherwise I've just been giving moral support to those in the trenches and basically useless. It's been a chithole week with two other disasters affecting me besides Greg's passing.

Kent

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd not worry too much about it, honestly. Take care of you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
at this point, is it ok to suggest that someone be designated as the official "go-between" between us campfire members and the on the ground reality in arizona? just trying to offer a possible way to maintain a consistent flow of communication. is there a close-in volunteer that might take on this task? or maybe it's a less than good idea.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I really don't understand what everyone seems to think they are entitled in knowing,.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Gus
i am hopeful our good friend did not succumb to an armed invasion, especially from illegal aliens looking for resources, food, money, etc. i hope the dog transitioned peacefully, and not from bullet wounds from invaders, etc. i don't know what happened, and knowing won't bring either one of the individuals back. they're gone.

i don't have to "know" it aint required. but we all know an individual and his pet dog has left us, and left the scene.

I strongly suspect if that were what happened and Cross was at all physically able, there would be at least one or more other cadavers to be dealt with.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
RIP GTC.

Guess I won't be gettin "mistered" no more.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear of his passing. Sorry for all who knew him well. I had a few convo with him, he was always a gentleman with me but as we all know he did not put up with fools. He was one of the reasons I read this forum.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
E
E
A tragic loss for all who knew and loved him.

The campfire again burns lower as it did when nsaquam, RDFinn, Bigbuck 215 and Rancho Loco passed.

Others have been silenced: Big Stick, Bricktop, Safariman by threats and abuse.

Funny how tolerant we are of those who agree with us --------- and how we attack those who we don't ---------like the member from Georgia.

just sayin'

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ranco loco hasn't passed Larry Root.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
E
Glad to hear, Bigbuck thought he had.

"Funny how tolerant we are of those who agree with us --------- and how we attack those who we don't ---------like the member from Georgia.

just sayin'"

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The fact you would even mention some of those names in this thread tells me all I ever need to know about you..........."just saying".

I'd "mister" you, but I don't believe I have the correct curmudgeon credentials.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Ranco loco hasn't passed Larry Root.

Roger, this is all this classless, childish narcissist deserves;

Originally Posted by Enceladus

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

E
E
There is a message here for all of us with friends who are older or have heath issues.

Recently a pal, who has no internet and was always letting his cell phone go dead, was out of touch for 3 days. We talked every day. Got in the truck and went to his house. His dog was outside and barking up a storm. Nobody here locks doors, I went in and found him passed out in bed.

Called 911 and he was "life-flighted" to the hospital 80 miles away. He had advanced pneumonia (70 years old) and the Docs said in two days he would have died. Three weeks in hospital, three more with visiting nurse and he's OK.

When in doubt visit or call local authorities.

E
E
Originally Posted by NH K9
The fact you would even mention some of those names in this thread tells me all I ever need to know about you..........."just saying".

I'd "mister" you, but I don't believe I have the correct curmudgeon credentials.

Very odd response. Can't tell if you share the loss or not ? BTW it's "Sir" not mister (see Curmudgeon rule part 1 # 5)

As for Curmudgeon:

Am a member of the club an have a shirt that announces it.

https://www.zazzle.com/curmudgeon_t_shirt-235206866926258338

https://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Curmudgeon

"Funny how tolerant we are of those who agree with us --------- and how we attack those who we don't ---------like the member from Georgia.

just sayin'"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Awww hell...

I feel the need to get something off my chest.

I had never had a problem with Greg. Ever. Then one night he decided to attack me over something stupid. Before I replied on the open forum, I PM'd him to ask if he was serious and told him that I'm only questioning his chastising post via PM, because I respected him.

Then he got pretty nasty.

I got nasty back and the next day removed myself from the conversation.

We never did make it right and now I feel bad about that... frown

RIP Cross.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
May he be at peace. After reading the first couple of pages can't help but to notice a lot of regret, not contacting him, not saying something meant to say, etc. Really reminds you that the time to share some friendship or kind words is now not later.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Page 29 of 38 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.