-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CF, will talk to our father about this from now on. He hears from me on this subject 20 times a day and half the night.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers for a speedy recovery

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Thank you for your kind words gentlemen and lady. They are very reassuring when your world has been tossed upside down in a very short time. Tomorrow is her surgery and we will find out what our lives are going to be like then. I don't expect much sleep tonight.

Beth is in very good spirits. The boys and I spent the day with her in the room. The want her to walk so her GI system will clear. She asks how far? They jokingly say 26 times around the unit on the floor is a mile. She does 10+10+10 and gets 30 in - IV, NG tube and all. Then she's smiling and laughing with the boys, her pain has been abated by the NG tube draining her stomach. I'm so very proud of her because I know she's so scared.

We're humbled and blessed to have your well wishes and prayers. My sincere appreciation to you all.

Steve

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Prayers sent.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hope all goes well.

Prayers sent.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My humble and hardly said prayers as well. God Bless.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hang tuff, it's worth it.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Prayers sent. God bless.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers sent up for today and the future.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Praying hard for ya'll today.

Jim

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
First and foremost, thanks for everyone's well wishes and prayers. It means a lot more than you'll ever know. Looking at life and death right in the face knowing the good people on this site have your back and give peace to someone in need really helped me and my wife Beth through. Seriously.

The Gyno/Oncologist prepared us for late stage ovarian cancer using all indications from the CT scan and pelvic exam. It was pretty grim. The plan was to open her up, take the softball size tumor, ovaries, uterus, debulk all other affected organs, and resect the bowel - roughly 4-7 hour operation. General anesthesia plus abdominal nerve block. 3 man team of surgeons plus OR staff and they would send someone out at the 2 hour mark for an update. She went in at 10am yesterday.

At 10:50am I see the lead surgeon in the doorway waving me to come over to the bad news private room. My heart hit the floor. I thought they lost her - there is no other reason for him to be out here so soon. As I got closer, I saw him with a slight smile. He proceed to tell me that it wasn't attached to the ovary at all, but wrapped around it and there was no way to see it from the scan. The tumor was attached like a small pumpkin to the small bowel. He said she's keeping all her lady bits and his team is out and the GI team on stand-by is in. He said the outcome now, even if it is malignant, is far better than what he had previously thought. The yo-yo of emotions was overwhelming.

At roughly 1pm the GI surgeon says she's in recovery. They cut the small bowel 2.5" on either side of the tumor leaving wide margins to get any disease infected areas. They reattached the small bowel using staples and looked at surrounding area for disease. They found none, but they took 2 partially swollen lymph nodes just in case. He said the tumor "appeared to be benign, but we won't know until we hear from pathology in 4-7 days." Did he just say what I thought he said? Sometimes the good guys win.

So now we count our blessings waiting for a report. Good or bad it still feels like we won the lotto. She's got a long road to recovery - she gets to go home when she farts and poops. Maybe a good bowl of bean soup? For now though, no foods for her, just IV, pain meds, and walking around the unit to get things moving. She didn't fully understand what happened yesterday. Today she allowed herself to breakdown with her new lease on life...every day a gift.

God bless you all.

Steve

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tears of joy for you and Beth, Steve. thank God for the blessing.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
First and foremost, thanks for everyone's well wishes and prayers. It means a lot more than you'll ever know. Looking at life and death right in the face knowing the good people on this site have your back and give peace to someone in need really helped me and my wife Beth through. Seriously.

The Gyno/Oncologist prepared us for late stage ovarian cancer using all indications from the CT scan and pelvic exam. It was pretty grim. The plan was to open her up, take the softball size tumor, ovaries, uterus, debulk all other affected organs, and resect the bowel - roughly 4-7 hour operation. General anesthesia plus abdominal nerve block. 3 man team of surgeons plus OR staff and they would send someone out at the 2 hour mark for an update. She went in at 10am yesterday.

At 10:50am I see the lead surgeon in the doorway waving me to come over to the bad news private room. My heart hit the floor. I thought they lost her - there is no other reason for him to be out here so soon. As I got closer, I saw him with a slight smile. He proceed to tell me that it wasn't attached to the ovary at all, but wrapped around it and there was no way to see it from the scan. The tumor was attached like a small pumpkin to the small bowel. He said she's keeping all her lady bits and his team is out and the GI team on stand-by is in. He said the outcome now, even if it is malignant, is far better than what he had previously thought. The yo-yo of emotions was overwhelming.

At roughly 1pm the GI surgeon says she's in recovery. They cut the small bowel 2.5" on either side of the tumor leaving wide margins to get any disease infected areas. They reattached the small bowel using staples and looked at surrounding area for disease. They found none, but they took 2 partially swollen lymph nodes just in case. He said the tumor "appeared to be benign, but we won't know until we hear from pathology in 4-7 days." Did he just say what I thought he said? Sometimes the good guys win.

So now we count our blessings waiting for a report. Good or bad it still feels like we won the lotto. She's got a long road to recovery - she gets to go home when she farts and poops. Maybe a good bowl of bean soup? For now though, no foods for her, just IV, pain meds, and walking around the unit to get things moving. She didn't fully understand what happened yesterday. Today she allowed herself to breakdown with her new lease on life...every day a gift.

God bless you all.

Steve

Hope she recovers well, My wife spent from early November til early April with chronic digestive issues and problems urinating and side pressure. The "doctors" here seemed aloof about it. We finally decided in March to seek further treatment elsewhere. After going to a Urologist and finding a simple Medium size honeydew melon of a tumor on the right side of her uterus we got some attention. A week later she was well on here way to recovering!!!!
God Bless and continued prayers.
When momma is uncomfortable we all are!!!!!!!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Thanks a bunch for the update. I can feel your relief from here and I hope things continue to improve. Continued prayers from N.C.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
May Beth continue to heal under Our Lord's care.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Great news Steve, Give Beth a big Campfire hug!!

Now for the bad news........She'll never go home, According to my wife girls don't fart.......Sorry.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All rite !!....good news ...the 1st round of doc's to the wood shed ..stat !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wonderful news!!! Praying for her and your family!!!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Benign is the best word in the dictionary. My wife had a large ovarian cyst which was removed along with that ovary.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good news for sure.

My hopes are for a complete recovery.

Now get you some rest.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,592
Posts18,473,455
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.