Hop To
Page 33 of 38 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 37 38
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
True,
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It doesn't matter how he went. My uncle was a pool of liquid when they found him alone in his cabin. Still not curious as to how, doesn't matter, even tho it might have even been foul play by the bitch he willed everything to. Wouldn't let the family in even for important papers or photos. And immediately sold off everything.

Once a person is gone it's best for those close to him to get their closure, the struggles are over.

True.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Since when is being an azzhole a bad thing? The older you get the more of an azzhole you should become. That is nature gentlemen. After all, they have to suffer the stupidity of the young a million times over.

Last edited by KSMITH; 10/24/17.

-Piss into the wind.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
In my mind Greg went out with his boots on...Even if he did not have them on I believe I his dying act would be to try to put em on to be ready for the trip. I will never be convinced otherwise...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okie
In my mind Greg went out with his boots on...Even if he did not have them on I believe I his dying act would be to try to put em on to be ready for the trip. I will never be convinced otherwise...

laugh....that's good stuff.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I never had any correspondence of any kind with Greg, but did enjoyed reading most of what he posted. It was obvious he was fairly opinionated but I recon any man with his amount of experience deserves that right.

To all who knew him personally, I am truly sorry for your loss. From all descriptions from you, it appears he was definitely a man to "ride the river with". It is tough to lose such people as there just aren't enough of them to begin with.

I know somewhat of how you feel as our own muledeer, aka Dennis Neill, was someone who I considered a friend and miss him now that he has left us. Hopefully good times spent with Greg, whether in person or through other correspondence, will help ease the pain of your loss.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I been out of town Deer hunting for 10 days, just seeing this now. I liked Greg and his crazy replies. We keep losing good old members.

RIP Greg!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't know how to say it...RIp Greg and Gracie

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Damn, haven't been on in a while and going through the pms hurts. RIP

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
any word on services, funeral arrangements, if i can get away i'd make the road trip.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP, Greg. I always enjoyed your posts, especially on the border situation and such. You are missed.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Greg and I talked about falling block's and rolling blocks. He did a beautiful job of converting a stock to fit a Favorite I was building. Bristoe readily donated a tool he needed to complete the job. I sent him some odds and ends now an then as I was giving up my 'smithing doings as my hands got too bad to keep up.He sent me a book (Old Wolfville) he traded some black powder for cases of and we often referred to it in posts.

Greg will be seriously missed by me like many of the others here that have passed on.

Keep shooting the big BP boomers Sir, keep the Angels on their toes.

He sent me a copy of Old Wolfville also. And... as you mentioned... he would refer to it now and again to make a point.

I kinda think he’s looking down and getting a kick out of how this thread about his passing has outed so many worthless priiicks.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He handed me a copy of Old Wolfville the first time I visited at his house. Wonder how many he had...Sierra Vista will never be the same for me.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
any word on services, funeral arrangements, if i can get away i'd make the road trip.
No word yet stx, as the local officials need some time to seek Greg's relatives. If any of those step up in time and decide to have some sort of event, guys in the SW are doing their best to know that and, in addition to trying to be present, certainly would post the date/location here.

If no relatives step forward, it appears that the SW guys are first in line to deal with Greg's remains and conduct proper honors. In that case, it surely would be noticed here. If not before, quite likely there would be some special activity during the winter gathering in Tonto Basin (usually Feb.). The lead guys for that meet are in AZ (Kent, Dennis, etc.).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Roger,

I'd be up for the road trip.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just occurred to me - I need to re-read "Old Wolfville"
and still have a part bottle of Alpen Wolfe he gave me at the last Sierra Vista shindig!
I believe a toast is in order!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM

Roger,

I'd be up for the road trip.

sounds like a plan if the timing works out. Ed.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got this today via email gents:

"Hello,

My name is Greg. My wife, Cathy, and I were local friends of Greg Cameron. I helped Greg set up The Rusty Iron for, and met some of you at, the Campfire get together he hosted several years back.

I was not aware of Greg's passing until last Thursday night, when I received an email from a mutual friend asking if I knew what was going on. Having not seen the Campfire thread about Greg, Cathy and I went to his home yesterday AM to get some answers, hoping he would be in his shop sportin that wonderful chit eatin grin when he saw us. We ended up speaking with one of his neighbors that Greg had introduced me to early in our friendship. Unfortunately, he confirmed what y'all already knew.

I read the entire thread last night. The vast majority of Y'all are great folks.

Ed, Thanks for doing the bio about Greg; thoughtful and very well written. I'd like to add a couple of things:

I recall Greg, or maybe it was his mother, mentioning a sister? His neighbor said he thought she lived in Utah.

His mothers name was Virginia; a grand lady. Cathy enjoyed going to Greg's and visiting with her. Like her son, she was active and sharp as a tack; without the "outch"

Greg told me his legs got screwed up in a logging truck accident while he was in Alberta. As I recall, it had something to do with two trucks trying to occupy the same piece of real estate.

I met Greg 10 or 11 years back at the SVSR. He had just finished a rifle match and moseyed over to where we had just finished a IDPA-like shoot. After shootin the breeze for a spell, found we were both machinist. Greg invited me over to his place. "The Iron" So, after getting the grand tour, we're shootin the chit in his office, chasing some pretty fair whiskey with brews. All of the sudden, he jumps on my case. I don't recall the details but I was quite agitated. I'm headed out the door and he says where ya goin? I tell him I got 3 choices: leave, stay and get disrespected, or make a fence post outta him. He says at least stay to finish my brew. I made the right choice; been friends ever since. Spent a lot of time at his place the next 5-6 years and less often after that. No issues between us. Just other things needing attention.

Simple fact of the matter is, you couldn't be Greg's friend and be thin skinned.

Greg had asked me to look after Gracie, way back when? I know she didn't make it through this. I called the shelter where Nip is at, and found some good folks from Tucson have that covered. THANKS! If that doesn't pan out we got it.

Missing my fellow Border Rat.

GAC

If you want to post this please do so, but only share my contact info with those handling Greg's affairs and those that were at his Campfire get together.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you Rick.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I kinda think he’s looking down and getting a kick out of how this thread about his passing has outed so many worthless priiicks.

Even dead he's handing them their asses. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've been out of state for work the last couple weeks and just found this, I'm at a loss for words.

Greg was a character for sure, and also one of the most intelligent and talented guys I've ever known. We first met at the SV range where he and a customer were test firing a Hepburn he'd recently finished and I wandered over to take a look. Strangely enough, like others here I'd been thinking that I should give him a call recently. He could be pretty hilarious, if you never saw his Canadian Mountie impression, you really missed out.

Godspeed GC

Page 33 of 38 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.