Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Any thoughts on whether the Land Cruiser is worth the price of admission, just north of $84,960.00 MSRP, KBB fair price $75,000.00 ? That's a lot of jack for a SUV.

Saw them at the State Fair of Texas and went to Kelley Blue Book and saw the prices.

If you are going to be hating because its not a Ford/Chevy/Ram; please don't bother responding all car companies are multinationals and shares are traded over public exchanges all over the world; and I have a F150 as my daily driver/weekend warrior.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my cousin drove one for a spell back in the day. he loved it. he & his family used it to travel & camp, etc.

i always just drove a plain vanilla tundracar, but would like to have a Land Cruiser, probably better for me than a land rover.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember when the Land Cruiser was less expensive than an American base model pickup. Wow. Yuppies ruin everything.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My thoughts on it is that I can't afford one. That's not to say I couldn't buy one,but to say I couldn't pay cash for one,therefore I can't afford it. Even if I could pay cash for it,I see it as a very poor way to spend that much cash when I could get something that would serve the same purpose for me for 1/4 of that price. Now if you have the cash,your house is paid for,you have a great retirement going,no other debt,all that and 75K means about as much to you as 7K to some folks,enjoy it by all means!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good luck trying to find a 2018 for $75,000 thats less than invoice, and at least around here much less than msrp is a pipe dream. Are the good trucks? Absolutely. Are they $85,000 worth of good? Up to you. They pretty much rate up there with the Escalade, Infinity etc as far as price and features, but look at the resale down the road KBB has trade in/private party value of a 2011 Land cruiser at 50% more than a same year escalade. The escalade cost more up front. The good thing about the 'cruiser is its one of the last large suv's that are any good off road. Which sounds good in theory and why I have several buddies that have them, However in reality nobody ever does much four wheeling with an new $80,000 rig. Its always the second or third owner.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Land Cruisers are very cool, I have friends that have them all tricked out for off road and have spent more than $100k. I personally do not see the value when compared to a 4 Runner similarly equipped for 1/2 the price. That being said if $ spent results in pleasure obtained they have no real competition.

Escalades and Infinitis are just rebadged to appeal to overpaid athletes and entertainers....and women.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A guy I worked with bought one used and finally sold it at 250,000 miles, no issues, he never went off road with it. I would look at a recent year used Certified one if you could find it. My understanding is they only import 5000 into the US.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not that much more than a pimped out Subburban, and with the Land Cruiser you get a very capable reliable offroad vehicle right off the lot.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd rather have a real Landcruiser, an FJ40.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are awesome, but around here, you wouldn't touch one for less than MSRP. They make only a few thousand a year.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Not that much more than a pimped out Subburban, and with the Land Cruiser you get a very capable reliable offroad vehicle right off the lot.

That's a really good comparison. The Cruiser is a way better value than any Suburban.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I suspect they are very good and sure look nice. Grossly overpriced, as are all full size suvs. Will hold its value better than domestics, and will probably have less issues over time. $85k is a lot of money for something that starts falling in value the minute you drive it off the lot, in my opinion. But you may have a thicker wallet than I do.

Truth be told, you get more and better space with a Sequoia for $20k less, but doesn’t look as nice, doesn’t have the nameplate, and not as good off-road.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We still have an ‘06 4Runner V8, which we love. It could stand replaced, but nothing is really tripping my trigger. And no payment 😁

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's important to note that the 2018 Land Cruiser is a reverting to the luxury SUV and not a retro FJ style.

That's what luxury SUV's cost today. Lincoln, Cadillac, loaded Suburbans. I'd buy a Toyota before I bought any of the others.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
My thoughts on it is that I can't afford one. That's not to say I couldn't buy one,but to say I couldn't pay cash for one,therefore I can't afford it. Even if I could pay cash for it,I see it as a very poor way to spend that much cash when I could get something that would serve the same purpose for me for 1/4 of that price. Now if you have the cash,your house is paid for,you have a great retirement going,no other debt,all that and 75K means about as much to you as 7K to some folks,enjoy it by all means!

I agree with all of that. Wisely stated.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
We love ours..
Great little SUV

Billy

Turn em loose ...
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’ve been in three new ones and to a one they smelled like a barnyard. Not a “new leather smell”, but a barnyard, like the leather wasn’t fully tanned.

Other than that I’d love to have one.

Last edited by baxterb; 10/27/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Let me know what I can get for under $20k that you'll assure me I can run for 150k miles and need nothing other than fluids, filters, wiper blades,brake pads/rotors and tires. I'm not aware of any new large SUV's in that price range, and not aware of any used ones in that price range that aren't going to realistically require at least $5-10k of repairs within 150k miles of purchasing the vehicle and might leave me stranded in the process.

When I factor in the value of my time dealing with repairs as well as the cost of repairs, used vehicles have yet to be as good of a deal as a new one, unless the used vehicle is only a few years old and has very low miles. And I don't know where to find a like new low mile off road capable vehicle for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When we lived in Australia I borrowed a then new 2014 turbo diesel Land Cruiser from a colleague for a couple of weeks and it was a fantastic machine in every way. I would own one now if I needed the room.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish Toyota offered their diesels in the states.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (1lesfox, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,026
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.