Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cal74
Amazing how quick people are to jump on the band wagon.

I don't take well to demands and if initial correspondence was a little different than my attitude probably would be as well.

I didn't misrepresent something and in regards to the statement about the bore. I looked with a flashlight and the naked eye there was/is nothing wrong with it.

If Brian or anyone would have asked for more pictures or about the condition of the screws, or how much bluing was wore I would have answered gladly. I wasn't asking a premium price presumed the couple of pictures I had included represented the rifle for what it was. You can see the handling marks on the stock and you can see blueing wore on the rings/action. I thought it was a moot point as the blueing was visibly wore and the rifle had been used in its history.

As for now, we'll work it out and go our separate ways.

The pitted bore is obvious without use of a bore scope or flashlight.

Bluing is not just worn, but worn and rusted through.

If the seller is honest the buyer shouldn't need to root out additional details. I expected more of both you and the rifle.

My initial correspondence included no demands. It simply stated: "Don't bother sending the second package. This is in much rougher condition than anticipated. I'm going to send it back to you."

When you started this thread you stated, "Buyer isn't happy with something I sold someplace else..." Are you having trouble with another buyer on another forum or is this another little white harmless lie?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Kinda highlights the need to post many and GOOD pictures, and to ask for same.
3-day inspection seems pretty standard here and almost implied if not expressed.

But, this is not the kind of situation that comes to mind defining ‘buyer’s remorse’.

Hope you boys settle amicably.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Photos of bore pitting taken from muzzle with an iphone. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh man......that thing's chewed up.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
To me money is less important than the grief of someone dogging me about something I sold them. Treating people right, even PITA people has a way of paying itself forward.

Wise words, these ^^^^

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Cal74 lists County Executive Director as his occupation, a sad way to do business if that is true.

Risking one's reputation personally or professionally, over a transaction that was less than forth right...isn't good business or smart. Ripping off a well liked senior member with a stellar reputation and a spunky sparkly giddy friendly personality, will surely make enemies here and destroy your feedback.

More wise words ^^^^

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you can take a pic like that with an IPhone, that's messed up and misrepresented.

Sean
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Photos of bore pitting taken from muzzle with an iphone. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

should have been disclosed

Although not lately, when I was buying on GB, for anything I couldn't see, I asked questions. That way it would be hard to weasel out of an express misrepresentation. I was amazed to see some of the answers, compared to the original listed description. Clever concealment is how I would describe it. Learned a lesson the hard way a few times..

Last edited by sse; 10/28/17.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's no good.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Maybe it's just me, but there are few kinds of people I loathe more than liars and thieves.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I didn't want to throw any names out as I don't think I'm in the wrong and now it's your opinion against mine and I'm sure depending on who it is there will be sides taken.

This is far from a safariman experience, but apparently what I feel is good to very good for an old rifle someone else feels otherwise. This is only my opinion, but the rifle was listed for well under what other similar ones go for on gunbroker and with the couple pics that were in the ad I do honestly feel it was represented accurately.. If I thought it was in excellent condition with no wear I would have asked considerable more for it. I do apologize that you are not happy with the rifle, but I also believe it's more a case of buyers remorse than a legitimate complaint.

There are no signs of any rust. Is there blueing wear, yes there is. Are there handling marks on the stock, yes there are. It's a 65 year old rifle that's been hunted/used but not abused. I wouldn't sell something on here or any other site where I've ever been that I thought I was misrepresenting.

I do not own a bore-scope, but to the naked eye the bore looks fine.

I offered to take it back, minus shipping costs and a 10% fee or a return of 50.00 if it helped to make it right. I didn't advertise the rifle with a buy back if someone was not happy.
You or anyone else could have asked for more pictures or more detail. There wasn't anything to hide on the barrel, minus the blueing wear and the pictures show the stock pretty clearly. There certainly was not any rust.

You mentioned the screws were buggered, are they perfect no but they're far from buggered or stripped or anything other than being turned in and out a few times in the last five decades and are perfectly functional.

On this site and many others, I have nothing but a 100% feedback and have never been accused of deceiving anyone.

Nothing was ever asked about if anyone was not happy that there was a return policy. The rifle has been transferred and I will not accept a return to an FFL (and I stated that in a pm earlier) where I have to spend a couple hours round trip and an additional 30.00 transfer fee. The closest one to me is an hour round trip and 75.00 fee. If it could just be shipped back to me at this point, I'd say minus my costs involved and ship it back on his dime.

It should be noted Brian also agreed to some ammo/brass that I had just created a shipping label for earlier today, I was able to void the label and hopefully get refunded but I will also return the amount we agreed upon for the ammo/brass. I was not able to ship that out until today and it was on it's way to be dropped off when all of this became an issue. I will get that check out first thing Monday AM.

I've bought things things on here and elsewhere where I wish I would have asked for more details, but also blamed myself for not asking as long as nothing was hidden or lied about. If it wasn't for the photobucket crap, I would have posted more pics in the ad to begin with as there was/is nothing to hide.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../12333490/sako-rhimmiki-222#Post12333490

Shipment I created just this morning (deleted his name/address)

Tracking Number:
1Z281T760393735145
Ship To:

US
UPS Service: UPS GROUND
Number of Packages: 1
Package Weight: 6.0 LBS
Scheduled Delivery: 11/03/2017

Take your sides and say what you will, but I'm done.

That's horse sheit.

[bleep] Yankees

But you're so proud of your Yankee family, you're a pretty confused one.

Unlike your family. I'm sure your dad smacks your mom daily for not douching you out

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
That barrel pitting is terrible, and you started a thread asking "opinions ?"...and you've gotten them.

Rusted thru bluing, isn't worn...it's rusted. You claim "no rust", helll the pitting alone proves that wrong.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Amazing how quick people are to jump on the band wagon.

I don't take well to demands and if initial correspondence was a little different than my attitude probably would be as well.

I didn't misrepresent something and in regards to the statement about the bore. I looked with a flashlight and the naked eye there was/is nothing wrong with it.

If Brian or anyone would have asked for more pictures or about the condition of the screws, or how much bluing was wore I would have answered gladly. I wasn't asking a premium price presumed the couple of pictures I had included represented the rifle for what it was. You can see the handling marks on the stock and you can see blueing wore on the rings/action. I thought it was a moot point as the blueing was visibly wore and the rifle had been used in its history.

As for now, we'll work it out and go our separate ways.

No band wagon, it's just a shiet way you are doing things and trying to defend them. Don't give the 'Seller didn't ask about an inspection period' bullsheit. I saw Safariman post the same sheit.

It's a chickshiet way and it's not what men do. Chicks, sure.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry things didn't go your way. But because you didn't refund the money and blow it off; you get the ignore list. So does fat city 67 and standtdm,. Thank you for the thread.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

No band wagon, it's just a shiet way you are doing things and trying to defend them. Don't give the 'Seller didn't ask about an inspection period' bullsheit. I saw Safariman post the same sheit.

It's a chickshiet way and it's not what men do. Chicks, sure.

^^^Much less the "buyers remorse" bullchiit, that's not remorse...that's fuqking rust and pitting

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Oh man......that thing's chewed up.

Sure the hell is, Wow!

I would want a refund as well, should have been disclosed.

For the record, Cal has been here a long time and from recollection I don't think he has ever had any problems like this I think he just made an honest mistake. How he handles it from here on out will tell a lot. I think he also made a mistake starting this thread, it should have been kept between the buyer and the seller unless they couldn't reach an agreement.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This is startin' to look like a bus ticket and an ass whuppin' situation to me.

Unless you have money fer a budget priced ticket on Southwestern Airlines.

I ain't got nuthin' against busses,...but when a man arrives to whup some ass,..he needs to be fresh. Ridin' that fuggin' Greyhound will wear a man down.

Ain't nuthin' more humiliatin' than to spend 13 hours on a bus and then get your ass whupped fer the trouble.

I'd get an airplane ticket.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Sorry things didn't go your way. But because you didn't refund the money and blow it off; you get the ignore list. So does fat city 67 and standtdm,. Thank you for the thread.

LOL, your an idiot. Go back and reread my post. How in the hell was I suppose to know based on the OP original description he sold a poorly described and condition documented item to a fire member.

So yeah GFY and put me on ignore you little baby.

And to the OP I don’t the take back what I said based on your original post but seems like you need to man up and make this sale right with the purchaser.

Last edited by FatCity67; 10/28/17.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's a little known fact,...but about 40% of internet transactions typically end up with a bus ticket and an ass whuppin',...one side or the other.

As time has progressed,...the ass whupper/whuppee has decided to use budget flights to set things straight.

Unless you're a big beefed up muhfugger,...you need to look down the bore and decide whether it's bad enough to spend money on an airline ticket and take an ass whuppin fer.
'

I'm old and gimpy. If the sumbitch will hold 3 MOA,...I 'd just as soon keep it and pass on the airline expense and the ass whuppin'.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buyer isn't happy with something I sold someplace else...I don't feel it's a legit complaint, but more a case of buyers remorse...
I offered to take it back, minus shipping costs and a 10% fee...

This is a chickenschit way to do business. You are the kind of seller who gives the 'fire a black eye. Shame on you!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 65 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.