Hop To
D
davet Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Does anybody use them?

Anyone recommend a brand to use or to avoid?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Friend of mine came to visit and his wife had a sweat shirt that ran off of a Milwaukee tool battery.

I was not aware that something like that was even for sale.

Apparently you can get the same jacket that runs off of DeWalt batteries too.

She said it worked well, and was machine washable.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When it gets crazy cold, and I have to sit, I use large chemical back heaters. They are the same thing as hand warmers, but large for hurt backs. They have them at the drug store.

https://www.ebay.com/i/222507246820?chn=ps&dispItem=1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have one of the jackets from Milwaukee tool and it works.

It comes with a small round battery but it can be used with a larger m18 with the right adapter.

It heats the pockets as well as your core.

A
A
I wear the Milwaukee jacket, fine to -40 if there's no wind, ......if there is wind, any shell over it makes the difference. And this is in both Alberta and NWT winters!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met!
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
We have friends who have the coats and they wear them to the KC chiefs game all the time. They swear by them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another option that does not limit your clothing choice. Hot Snapz

These things look like Breast implants and have a metal tab inside. When you click the tab they heat up to 120-130 degrees for about an hour depending upon the size. I use them in my wetsuit when I dive in cold water. They are amazing to keep you warm. Put them in an inside pocket, jacket pocket, or anyplace you want to be warm. When they eventually cool down, you boil them back to a liquid and they can be used again and again I do not think they wear out. Mine have been reused for many years now and work as good as the day I bought them.

Google Hot snapz they really work great, but they can get quite hot. Might be too hot directly against your skin. Better in a shirt pocket or inside jacket pocket. They come in packages of like 6-10 so you could use them all day by just snapping a new one when the last one cools down.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What about boot inserts?

I tried some a couple years ago and wasn't impressed. Expensive and the internal battery had a unique adapter for charging.

Anyone have some that they'd recommend?

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gerbings....for motorcycling.....with heated grips and plunged in I have rode in pretty cold wether...even been caught by snow a few times...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've used various e-Vests and Jackets on my motorcycle for 15 years. Absolutely amazing tech...though I'm not going to carry an MC battery into a blind!

I've considered one of the Milwaukee jackets for a while now. The idea is solid and really works.

Hunt Africa while you can
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I never heard of such a animal, but I am cold natured so I could use one. I'll be checking into it!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
D
davet Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I've been looking into Gerbing, their battery powered vests. They have several options, along with other brands.

Basically a 5-7 volt rechargeable battery with different heat settings, and different battery life depending on the setting. Most have 8-10 hour max battery life, but a couple of the high end models can go up to 20 hours on a single charge.

I'm hoping to be able to hunt longer on tree stands more comfortably, along with winter tractor work, while at the same time skipping a layer or two of clothing. Or keeping warmer with the same amount of layers, depending on temps.

I have zero experience with battery powered clothes, but they run the gamut price wise, $100-$500 range.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I use the Gerbing jacket liner on my Harley. It is a wonderful accessory. But I would not want to rely on a battery to keep me from freezing to death in a remote hunting location, but fine for vastly improving comfort.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,819
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.