Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
win-win so long as we continue to pay taxes. repubs are making taxes more palatable by lessening their impact. that's a good thing.

the foreign debt remains, as it has for ages, and no one has any intention of paying it off, in so far as can be seen.

lowering taxes is a lot better than raising taxes, so the repubs get the win. but taxes remain.

it's become a game of theatrics, drama, and downing the other party.

taxes are way too high, even after the promised cuts.

the debt has to be dealt with.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by micky
From reading a couple weeks back this will axe the AMT

Yep

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus
win-win so long as we continue to pay taxes. repubs are making taxes more palatable by lessening their impact. that's a good thing.

the foreign debt remains, as it has for ages, and no one has any intention of paying it off, in so far as can be seen.

lowering taxes is a lot better than raising taxes, so the repubs get the win. but taxes remain.

^^^^^^ I doubt it makes an iota of difference on my end

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Anyone affected by this?

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/358437-gop-tax-bill-would-eliminate-medical-expense-deductions

The House Republican tax bill would eliminate the ability for individuals to deduct qualified medical expenses, a provision that could have major implications for households with extremely high health-care costs.

Under current law, the IRS allows individuals to deduct qualified medical expenses that exceed 10 percent of a person’s adjusted gross income for the year. The bill would repeal that itemized deduction, effective in 2018.

The cost to repeal the medical expense deduction is about $10 billion per year.

The IRS currently allows individuals to deduct preventative care, treatment, surgeries and dental and vision care as qualifying medical expenses.

The medical expense deduction can also be used for long-term care expenses for chronically ill patients.

The provision could be a flashpoint for Republicans, as the repeal could hit both patients themselves and their families, who sometimes help pay for care.

I wonder how this will effect a Health Savings Account (HSA) type of health insurance. The money I put into the HSA every year is tax deductible now.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Didn't I see somewhere that the estate tax would be phased out?

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Gus

^^^^^^ I doubt it makes an iota of difference on my end

nor on mine, my dear friend, nor on mine. but, the media needs something to talk about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
What about the Alternative Minimum Tax? That’s what kills me. All this means nothing for a lot of taxpayers if they don’t fix the AMT.

AMT is evil, pure and simple.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Estate tax axed..

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've read that over 40% of Americans don't pay any fed income tax. I wonder how that will wash out with this. It's all a combination of standard deductions & personal exemptions.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If you'd figure out how much we actually pay in taxes on both the federal, state, and local level, both in income, sales, and property taxes, not to mention fees paid to the .gov for various things, you'd be amazed and depressed at the same time.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Eliminates the EITC too I think. No more refunds for folks that didn't pay any. IIRC

--- Kid Rock 2022

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
That medical deduction the way they have you figure it is nothing but a cheat. Anyone who has enough medical costs to exceed the disallowed amount is already is deep ****.

I am sure any time any politician is doing me a favor I better grease up.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Eliminates the EITC too I think. No more refunds for folks that didn't pay any. IIRC

Best news I've heard in a long, long time! It's one thing to not earn enough money to pay income tax, but to get a "refund" when you didn't pay in the first place? What a scam.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The EITC doesn't give refunds. It gives welfare.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I got an EITC refund a couple of times in college. Thanks guys! Flame on!

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The EITC doesn't give refunds. It gives welfare.

Exactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That EITC has always been a bizarre and really unfair process. I know two people personally that get this and each one has 8 kids with low income.

I'm sorry they have such an expensive life with 8 kids each, poor education, low paying jobs, and generally miserable existance. However that was their choice to have this huge family. The rest of America should not be burdened with the decisons by others like this. I told them both what I thought of this face to face. One of them agreed with me that the concept of him getting a refund of plus or minus 6000 bucks every april was insane when he paid nothing all year into it!

Of course he never turned it away, he needs that money to function! Now his wife will have to work to close the gap. This is Still not Americas responsibility to sort this for them. It's their role to sort it out.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think I bought booze with it, so it helped the local economy.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Geeze I feel bad about it now.... It was just a couple hundred.... If'n any buyer's remorse, there's a thread for that. cool

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/02/17.

--- Kid Rock 2022

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I like this part. I've not seen enough information to know how it will affect me.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.