Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
la4wd54 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Does anyone know if the model A5 that Browning discontinued about 10 yrs. ago was chambered in .410 ga. Thanks in advance, LKH

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one".....Luke 22:36
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have learned to "never" say "never" when discussing what any gun company may have offered. However, I doubt if Browning "ever" made an A5 in .410. It is possible Browning may have made some in that gauge as a special order ... but if so there ain't many of em'

Perhaps some others may be able to add some insight....

Al.......

la4wd54 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the reply, maybe that's why I've not been able to find one anywhere on the 'net. LKH

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one".....Luke 22:36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never heard of an A5 in anything other than 12 or 20. Reminton produced a clone in 16 but Browning didn't. But just because I never heard of one or saw one doesn't mean they don't exist.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys:

Here you hav stumbled on one of my favorite things, and I have a source (my old man) who can answer anything about these.

Browning definitely did make an A-5 in 16, as I have two of them. They are the famous and aptly named "Sweet Sixteens" and if you ever run into as Belgian-made one you don't want to buy immediately, please let me know, as I will!

The beauty of the Sweet Sixteen lies in the fact that Browning manufactured them on a true 16-gauge frame. As such, they are truly between a "Light Twelve" and "Light Twenty" in balance, weight, proportions, etc. To me, they are the best upland shotgun ever made. I was weaned on a recoil-operated gun, and so I favor them to begin with, but the Sweet Sixteen is simply in a class by itself. I doubt if we'll ever see such a fine upland gun manufactured again!

Here's a pic I hope you enjoy:

[Linked Image]

I'll check with Pops about the .410.

Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A hump back Browning A5 in 20ga. nearly took my thumb off once. I was about 12 years old and unfamiliar with how to load the thing. Some how, when I released the bolt my thumb was in the way. That sure ruined my dove hunt that day and I have never shot another A5. I have a quail hunting Buddy who owns but does not hunt with a Sweet Sixteen Belgium made A5. It is a nice shot gun.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PDS:

Please ask your buddy what he will take?

Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rick:

My first "real" shotgun, not counting a bolt action .410 Mossberg, was the Sweet 16. I shot it extensively for several years. Great handling gun and I didn't know how much it kicked back then.

It was stolen a few years later, and except for the sentiment, I never missed it. Absolutely one of the hardest kicking shotguns ever made considering the loads. I bought another one, actually 2, about 20 years back and couldn't believe that I had shot that thing when I was 10. Guess I thought they were supposed to kill on both ends. Quickly found some Browning fan that liked them a lot more than I did, which wasn't hard to do.

At any rate, they are fairly common around here, if you really want one or a dozen, give me or Need One and idea of condition and price and we'll keep our eyes open.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 2ndwind, 55 invisible), 6,422 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,825
Posts18,536,957
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.