Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,682 of 1,842 1 2 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1841 1842
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'll be leaving Friday morning heading up nort. Listening to Shad Rapp. Lol.

I'll be dreaming of the thrity pointer tomm night.

Good luck to all. And be safe.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Leaving at 0600. No snow here but it sounds like we will have woke up north eh? Dats a deer camp hey!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we have snow on the ground here in area 172.
not much,but enough to make it mostly white.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Whipholt wahoo where in 172 will you be hunting? Our group hunts by Wabedo Lake on the south side.

Our group has been hunting the same public land since the 50's.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck all ya Minny soda cans !!

smile

Meat pole pics, or it didn't happen.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
213 here. Going up to get our "camp" set up which is an outbuilding on my uncles farm. Will be sleeping in my own bed and driving 23 miles to our land. I hunt a 50 acre hardwood surrounded on most of of three sides by corn and swamp on the rest. Good and bad on that corn. It will hold the deer, but it will hold the deer. I need ol' Mossyhorns to slip out of the corn for a spin around the woods to look for a doe....

My daughter will be hunting out a her stand in the swamp with a corn food plot out front. If the corn fields are picked, hers will be dynamite. There are deer there all the time and I fully expect to have to help her gut one out about 8:30 am on opening morning!

Good luck and be safe everyone!

Hey Paul, we dont often take meat pole pics anyore. Would you settle for an in-the-field pic?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by noduck
Whipholt wahoo where in 172 will you be hunting? Our group hunts by Wabedo Lake on the south side.

Our group has been hunting the same public land since the 50's.

i hunt near whipholt, about 15 miles from wabedo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes Sir B-Man,

Any & all "smilin'" in field photos are good !!!

They are all trophies.

smile

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
off and running!
good luck guys

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
scored two, fork and a spike,230 and three in the afternoon.
6.5 creedmore worked long range, about 30 feet

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I survived the drive, and burned my bonus doe tag in the am.

Time to find Buckzilla!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shot an 8 opening morning on my way to the stand after a half hour of getting looked at but not busted by the half dozen deer with him.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When we have a bad hunt I always say the hunting was good, but the shooting sucked. This year, the hunting was good, and so was the shooting. Our newbie, Mike borrowed a rifle off of me. Sorry guys, but it was a .270! He scored first on a nice 8 pt. at about 9 a.m. My son called me on the phone to come help them, as neither had ever gutted a deer. I rounded up my gear and headed for the truck. Got to the truck and started putting my stuff in the truck. Looked down the trail I'm on, and there's a deer grazing on the side of the trail. One shot from the Savage and she was down. Unloaded the rifle, put it in the case and drove down to retrieve the deer. Pulled up to the deer and another one goes bounding into the woods. Started getting my stuff ready to gut the deer. I look up through the windshield, and there' s a deer standing in the trail. I very slowly retrieve the rifle from the case, and grab for a shell. Of course, the first shell I grab is the empty from shooting the first deer. I grab another shell, slowly load the gun, and step to the side of the truck. Gun goes off, and the deer bolts off the trail. My son is walking my way by now to help me gut the first deer. As I see him coming, I tell him to check where I shot at the second deer, as I wasn't sure if I hit it or not. He says he's got blood. I tell him to go after that one. By then he had unloaded his rifle, and quickly put a shell back in. It jumped up in front of him, and he missed it and ended up finishing it off with his Glock. A wild morning. Three deer down and out of the woods by 11:00. We had a great time.

Last edited by gophergunner; 11/05/17.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good morning fellers! 5 degrees F here this morning! Good old fashioned winter deer season!!

Here are a couple of random pics from deer camp this year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by northern_dave; 11/06/17.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

Sorry, I'm still getting used to this new photo hosting and its clumsy for me.

Here's my opening morning look. No, I did not fall in the snow or get in a snowball fight. You can tell which side the snow was coming from though, lol.

I may look grumpy but I assure you, I was in heaven, loving it.

[Linked Image]

ribs and vegetables saturday night!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pam shot at and clean missed a little buck sunday morning. Sunday afternoon I watched 4 deer under my stand, I let them all walk as they were headed for a stand that Joey was in. Unfortunately that didn't work out either, they veered off before they stepped into sight for him. 2 does, 2 fawns.

Great opener, looking forward to an early start this coming weekend.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave& the Shaw crew had a most excellent weekend @ ChickeBuck, looks like !!

Couple of nice bucks on camera, potential to score some meat & live, day time deer sightings to get the adrenalin pumping!

Dem ribses look REAL good.

smile

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, we made some more meat on Sunday !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Two perfect eating deer. Man, they're in great condition this year.

Happy days. I guess we are butchering again on Friday night !

smile

Paul.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Funny how every year is different. The corn is in and that has sure changed some things both good and bad. First the good: our group saw a lot of deer . A lot. Bad: no medium or big bucks until last night (we will get to that story!). I think the bigger bucks were in the corn. Sure fun watching deer though. Now the big buck story:

My daughter is sitting on her stand and a BIG buck comes out across the road in a hay field. She watches it for 30 minutes and the dumb thing crosses the road and into the grass field in front of her. her luck holds and it angles right towards her. For 300+ yards, it keeps coming on a string right to the front of her stand! It is in the tall grass and she cannot get a shot until it clears a last willow bush. 10 yards to go and it is steadily walking. At this point, lady luck deserts my daughter and kicks her in the shins. An unseen doe is standing in the food plot and decides to charge the buck and goes whistling right by him. He, of course, turns and follows. That there is some really bad luck. I bet I have seen hundreds of buck/doe interactions and I have never seen a doe run AT a buck. Never. Does are chasees, not chargers. They stay still or they run away.
Those are the two choices that does have. Running at a buck is not part of the game.

My daughter is really mad at that doe. That doe, or really any doe, is gonna pay for that action with their life. Probably tonight. But the daughter has got the big buck fever now. how big was this buck? She watched it for 45 minutes. I have all my racks on the garage wall. Based on her viewing them and commenting on each tine, this was a bruiser. 150"+. Ah, the big ones that got away, huh? Pretty fun to see the raw emotion in her.

Congrats to all of the successful hunters! Looks like some good eatin' on the way this winter! Good luck to those still out hunting. May lady luck not desert you in your time of need!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Congrats Paul and company! Good story B-man!

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cheers Dave,

Hoping you & the ChickenBuckers score some more yet too !

It's great to hunt with your family & friends. I work harder to make sure the others succeed, before getting to serious myself.

wink wink blush

Psst; did you use the shame stick, last weekend ?

Or were you concerned about your future sleeping arrangements !

Paul.

Page 1,682 of 1,842 1 2 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 61 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.